hey guys i dont post on the forums often, i just spend most of my time reading up on the latest threads here and i was hoping if i can get some unbiased opinions here.

My GF currently has an older model of the curve which is running os6 and just last night she has told me she wants to upgrade because she wants a better experience with her phone than the one she has had for bb for almost 3+ years now....i want to suprise her by gettting her a new phone but i dont want to spend money on something that she wont enjoy fully...i made her try the new bb's and have even showed her videos on it and she honestly doesnt seem excited about what she saw...she says the touch screen feature is cool and the speed of the device is great but shes also admitted that its nothing that blows her mind.

i was hoping that u guys can tell me which device other than a BB would she possibly enjoy? Droid,Iphone,windows phone? and for the users who have a new bb7 phone...how is it? is there only little difference from os6 or are the differences truly worth the upgrade? shes a bbm addict and its basically the only things that has kept her with BB so before i suprise her with a new phone i want to look at the cons and pros of each device out there now...any recommendations?
    09-07-11 01:38 PM
    The Bold 9900 is an awesome piece of hardware.
    As a BB fanboi, all I can say is that if your girlfriend doesn't like it then get a new girlfriend.
    squished18 likes this.
    09-07-11 01:44 PM
    The Bold 9900 is an awesome piece of hardware.
    As a BB fanboi, all I can say is that if your girlfriend doesn't like it then get a new girlfriend.
    lol she got me a ps3 for my bday like 2 years ago and isnt a money digging bimbo so i can deal with her wanting something else besides a bb lol
    sam_b77 likes this.
    09-07-11 01:53 PM
    Ive never used an android device, but I hear they have a lot of flash in the OS that amazes a lot of people. You could try looking at some android phones. The iPhone 4 (although soon to be succeeded by the iPhone 5) has a lot of apps and a lot of games with a lot of flashy graphics that Blackberry's have yet to produce. (Well there are a couple of games for BB that are flashy such as Rollercoaster Rush 2 and Need for Speed) Also the iPhone is implementing iChat or something like that which is supposed to be a BBM chat like program. I think its going to be coming to iOS5. And then theres just sticking with Blackberry because shes addicted to BBM. BEEBEE-EMM! WOOWOOWOOWOO! Yeah I love BBM too. But now Ive names most OS's so I guess I didnt really help... sorry. lol.
    joker1524 likes this.
    09-07-11 02:09 PM
    lol she got me a ps3 for my bday like 2 years ago and isnt a money digging bimbo so i can deal with her wanting something else besides a bb lol
    That's rare. In that case I would suggest getting her an iPhone and not bother what phone she uses. Stick with her.
    Although as a married man I would say nothing ages a man more than being in a committed relationship. . If only I could turn back time.
    joker1524 likes this.
    09-07-11 02:15 PM
    Curve 9360 is much cheaper and is the next gen curve

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    09-07-11 03:50 PM
    i was hoping that u guys can tell me which device other than a BB would she possibly enjoy? Droid,Iphone,windows phone?
    Why are you asking for a recommendation on a non-Blackberry phone in a Blackberry forum?

Sort of like going to the Chevy dealer and asking which Ford you should buy.

Tim
    09-07-11 04:02 PM
    Get her the new curve.

09-07-11 04:05 PM
    yeah she just told me she will most likely be sticking with BB so its either the torch 9860 or the new bold...is the new curve also touch screen compatible? havent seen any videos of it yet
    09-07-11 05:13 PM
    Ive never used an android device, but I hear they have a lot of flash in the OS that amazes a lot of people. You could try looking at some android phones. The iPhone 4 (although soon to be succeeded by the iPhone 5) has a lot of apps and a lot of games with a lot of flashy graphics that Blackberry's have yet to produce. (Well there are a couple of games for BB that are flashy such as Rollercoaster Rush 2 and Need for Speed) Also the iPhone is implementing iChat or something like that which is supposed to be a BBM chat like program. I think its going to be coming to iOS5. And then theres just sticking with Blackberry because shes addicted to BBM. BEEBEE-EMM! WOOWOOWOOWOO! Yeah I love BBM too. But now Ive names most OS's so I guess I didnt really help... sorry. lol.
    yeah the new ios will have a feature called ichat...apparently my gf hates the iphone lol so i guess thats out but thanks u have helped a bit by telling me some features
    09-07-11 05:17 PM
    yeah she just told me she will most likely be sticking with BB so its either the torch 9860 or the new bold...is the new curve also touch screen compatible? havent seen any videos of it yet
    The new curve isn't touchscreen but it has NFC, 480X360 display, OS 7 and more

joker1524 likes this.
    09-07-11 05:17 PM
    The new curve isn't touchscreen but it has NFC, 480X360 display, OS 7 and more

thanks for clearing that up for me
    09-07-11 05:25 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD