My father is old and he has a flip phone, called him yesterday and he had his flip phone open and couldn't figure out how to answer it. Trying to figure out a better phone for him that is easy for him. Was thinking 9900? Would like some suggestions. Does not play games or Internet. Just answers calls.

Posted via CB10
    04-27-14 06:16 AM
    My father is old and he has a flip phone, called him yesterday and he had his flip phone open and couldn't figure out how to answer it. Trying to figure out a better phone for him that is easy for him. Was thinking 9900? Would like some suggestions. Does not play games or Internet. Just answers calls.

Posted via CB10
    This is just from my personal experience, but older people tend to HATE physical keyboards I've noticed, so for that reason, the Bold might not be his best choice. For something very simple, a low end Windows Phone might be a very good fit. If he doesn't text much then even a Torch 9850/9860 could work.

Sent from my Z10 using Tapatalk
    04-27-14 06:42 AM
    Thank you

Posted via CB10
    04-27-14 06:58 AM
    He doesn't text at all.

Posted via CB10
    04-27-14 07:17 AM
    If it doesn't have to be a BlackBerry, https://www.snapfon.com
    A relative actually uses this phone.
    04-27-14 07:22 AM
    Another vote for WinPhone from me, though I'll try not to make it sound like a sales pitch. 😊
    I got a Lumia 520 for my Mum a few months back. Removed all the live tiles from the home screen except the phone and people tiles... Made those two tiles BIG and spaced apart... And made the font size as big as it will go (Mum's eyesight isn't the best).

Because of the call history, most of the people she phones involve just hitting the big phone tile and picking a name... Or hitting the answer button when someone phones her.

Having a screen with only two buttons on suits her wonderfully... She's very far from stupid, but modern tech confuses her and she doesn't need it anyway.

So, I'd get a Lumia 520 and configure it as I've mentioned. 😊

JBB
    ajst222 likes this.
    04-27-14 07:53 AM
    Another vote for WinPhone from me, though I'll try not to make it sound like a sales pitch. 😊
    I got a Lumia 520 for my Mum a few months back. Removed all the live tiles from the home screen except the phone and people tiles... Made those two tiles BIG and spaced apart... And made the font size as big as it will go (Mum's eyesight isn't the best).

Because of the call history, most of the people she phones involve just hitting the big phone tile and picking a name... Or hitting the answer button when someone phones her.

Having a screen with only two buttons on suits her wonderfully... She's very far from stupid, but modern tech confuses her and she doesn't need it anyway.

So, I'd get a Lumia 520 and configure it as I've mentioned. 😊

JBB
    I couldn't agree more with this. And that's what makes Windows Phone versatile. It's customizable. If you want to make it simple, you can only have a few Tiles on the screen so you aren't confused; Or you can load it up with as many Tiles of as many sizes as you want. I believe the UI is simple enough for beginners. I think it's a good fit for your mom OP. Not sure what your carrier is but if you let us know we can narrow down some phone choices by knowing what is available.

Sent from my Z10 using Tapatalk
    04-27-14 08:02 AM
    I had the same dilemma before with my dad. Gave him touch phones, BlackBerry with physical keyboard and other phones.

The one he liked is one of those 2012-2013ish Nokia's with big keypads and big screen. Does all the basic things for calling and receiving calls.

Posted via CB10
    04-27-14 08:05 AM