I use my BB 9800 in a very old fashioned way-as a phone! So it cant be because I am using too much data or memory.... no apps and no email!
    I tried a battery wipe and that hasnt worked either. Can storing really long thread text discussions do anything??
    Anyone got any suggestions? the phone is slow and I see the load clock all the time.
    05-08-12 08:56 PM
    Battery wipe you mean a battery pull? Did you always experienced this issue?
    You might could try a full wipe and reinstall of the OS?
    05-08-12 08:58 PM
    What is your File Free Memory? Options/Device/Storage. Press the call button. How many calls are logged. Do you ever delete them? If you open messages and press menu/options/Message Display and Actions, and make sure the boxes for Hide Saved Messages and Hide Sent Messages is Unchecked. You will now see everything you have ever sent (open messages) or saved (open messages press menu/saved). If you have not set your messages to not keep a log of all of them and phone calls there can be more stored than you know. Mass numbers of thread texts may be effecting your memory. Pressing and holding the menu button for a second will call up the app switcher and should show no more than the standard 5 icons. Messages, browser, bbm, home and phone. Keep us posted! Happy Hunting.
    Last edited by albee 1; 05-08-12 at 10:02 PM.
    05-08-12 09:58 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD