After seeing this image, I felt like there were some transitional effects, possibily Liquid Graphics taking place. It definitely looks like there are several frames of motion going on with this Compass app. I think it's a possibility we see some of the hardware acceleration going on with this app since it is new.

I'm sure if RIM is trying to apply some transitional effects to other apps and areas in the UI, they will have to actually have to revamp them. The compass on the other hand is new for 6.1 with the addition of the magnetometer. It may have been setup from bottom up to use the power of the hardware.

Some of you developers on here might understand more about this. In the image you can see there were several frames captured with a motion blur occuring when the picture took place. I'm sure there are many frames we're not seeing even. What do you think?
    04-08-11 10:15 PM
    Thats wat I'm talking bout!
    04-09-11 12:27 AM
    I dunno but I think the resolution vs. screen size of the Bold Touch will be over 200 dpi if I remember correctly.
    04-09-11 01:32 AM
    I dunno but I think the resolution vs. screen size of the Bold Touch will be over 200 dpi if I remember correctly.
    All the phones will be well over that, if you do the calculations you get:

Torch 2: 250
    Dakota: 286
    Monza: 252

Apollo ~ 240 (assuming it is same screen size as 9700)
    04-09-11 07:29 AM
    Thanks. I knew it was well over but I wasn't sure exactly.
    04-09-11 06:11 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD