Can’t see we didn’t see it coming, I am surprised it’s lasted this long. It’s sad because I would still be on OS10 if the app support was there.
    10-31-17 07:07 AM
    Can’t see we didn’t see it coming, I am surprised it’s lasted this long. It’s sad because I would still be on OS10 if the app support was there.
    Only IF.... is a long list when you really get down to it.

While LinkedIn isn't a "huge" issue for those that don't need apps anyway.... I suspect the guy that bought 10 Passports over his wife's objections, isn't feeling as good about his plans to use BB10 for years and years.
    10-31-17 10:07 AM
    I don't think such step is necessary from technical or financial reason. I consider it it recklessness and I will probably cancel the whole Linkedin account. Honestly it is for nothing. Have you noticed?
    Apps are almost entirely fixed costs, which are then amortized over the number of users you have on that platform. The denominator in the equation for BB10 is getting tiny.
    10-31-17 10:21 AM
    Well BB10 versions of Globe News, Bloomberg, NYT etc are as slick as ever so, if you are a news, weather, music and communication fan, still gotta still love those Z30s and Passports!

BB, Still the One
    rayporsche and sejogue like this.
    10-31-17 10:27 AM
    True, it results perplexing to me how people get all depressed and upset when one of the applications stops working after all we all know that BB OS10 was abandoned by the creators quite some time ago hence some apps support will be sketchy at best regardless of the reasons. From my point of view if the app stops working that means that their support ended which in turn means that my support for that particular app ended too regardless of my perception of how good, convenient or necessary it is, might be or it was if you will. I own devices from other platforms namely Apple because the ecosystem just works and it results pretty convenient while using the Mac computers and such but that doesn't mean that I like it or even use it at all, my favorite daily mobile platform still is BB OS10 even at the current dying stage as they call it, it does cover the main needs as a pretty solid communications platform so to name some a few apps that I am actively using without issues ; Box, OneDrive, Umbrella, QBrowser, ReadIt Now, IGrann Pro, Twitter, Remember, Upvise & Docs To Go for notes and documents syncing many PDF's via the One Drive cloud and everything else interfacing with the Mac via Blackberry Blend.......well you get it, those are like icing in the cake for me, at the end I end up running my business from the device of my choice on my terms not somebody else's. There is more than one way to skin the cat, we just need to circumvent and it will be ok . No Droidberry for me, I refuse to be assimilated, old school all the way til the very end !
    10-31-17 11:16 AM
    True, it results perplexing to me how people get all depressed and upset when one of the applications stops working after all we all know that BB OS10 was abandoned by the creators quite some time ago hence some apps support will be sketchy at best regardless of the reasons. From my point of view if the app stops working that means that their support ended which in turn means that my support for that particular app ended too regardless of my perception of how good, convenient or necessary it is, might be or it was if you will. I own devices from other platforms namely Apple because the ecosystem just works and it results pretty convenient while using the Mac computers and such but that doesn't mean that I like it or even use it at all, my favorite daily mobile platform still is BB OS10 even at the current dying stage as they call it, it does cover the main needs as a pretty solid communications platform so to name some a few apps that I am actively using without issues ; Box, OneDrive, Umbrella, QBrowser, ReadIt Now, IGrann Pro, Twitter, Remember, Upvise & Docs To Go for notes and documents syncing many PDF's via the One Drive cloud and everything else interfacing with the Mac via Blackberry Blend.......well you get it, those are like icing in the cake for me, at the end I end up running my business from the device of my choice on my terms not somebody else's. There is more than one way to skin the cat, we just need to circumvent and it will be ok . No Droidberry for me, I refuse to be assimilated, old school all the way til the very end !
    It just gets a little harder to "circumvent" the vacuum that is being left by the declining compatibility of BB10 with today's modern world of Apps. It will be really hard to "circumvent" the vulnerabilities that will arise like KRACK....

It's time to move on.....
    rayporsche likes this.
    10-31-17 11:33 AM
    Totally agree with you and it is going to get harder to circumvent as time goes by yet for some reason I've always like it the hard way buddy...
    10-31-17 11:43 AM
    You, me, and millions of others.
    10-31-17 01:00 PM
    You, me, and millions of others.
    Of course. I’d still be using my Passport.

BB10 with real support and solid native apps would have been awesome.

If I had paid more attention to that girl in college or invested more (like everything I had) in AAPL back then those would have been awesome too. Sometimes you just have to move on, though.
    Dunt Dunt Dunt likes this.
    10-31-17 01:05 PM
    Totally agree with you and it is going to get harder to circumvent as time goes by yet for some reason I've always like it the hard way buddy...
    What I do at home work is hard. I don't need phones to make it harder.

Posted via CB10
    10-31-17 10:29 PM
    What I do at home work is hard. I don't need phones to make it harder.

Posted via CB10
    I understand and that's probably why the iPhone or Android work for so many people. The BlackBerry is not for everybody and it certainly does not work for everybody, it's a matter of choice and some people just don't have one. I am not implying that it is a good or a bad thing but just stating the obvious, we are all different and have different communications needs, what works for me doesn't necessarily works for you my friend.

BB OS10
    11-01-17 05:03 AM
    I understand and that's probably why the iPhone or Android work for so many people. The BlackBerry is not for everybody and it certainly does not work for everybody, it's a matter of choice and some people just don't have one. I am not implying that it is a good or a bad thing but just stating the obvious, we are all different and have different communications needs, what works for me doesn't necessarily works for you my friend.

BB OS10
    Indeed. I am wondering how Freudian a slip that "home work" in my original post was? It's been decades since I had homework. But I digress. I use apps on my iPhone probably much more than calling so they are critical for me. I still keep two BlackBerries around though. I started a thread in another sub forum about using my Passport as a small, WiFi based notetaker. Different needs for each of us.

Posted via CB10
    rayporsche likes this.
    11-01-17 03:37 PM

It's time to move on.....
    It's time to move on and get a godamn passport for better android apps compatibility
    )

Posted via CB10
    11-02-17 05:28 AM
    It's time to move on and get a godamn passport for better android apps compatibility
    )

Posted via CB10
    It won't help much, all BB10 devices are still limited by the 4.3 runtime.
    11-02-17 10:17 AM
    )

Posted via CB10
    That's rearranging the deck chairs on the Titanic.
    11-02-17 10:19 AM
    It won't help much, all BB10 devices are still limited by the 4.3 runtime.
    Nothing two guys in a garage can't fix in their spare time. How do I know? A Crackberry poster told me so!
    11-02-17 10:22 AM
    That's been going on since at least 2012.

Posted via CB10
    11-02-17 10:36 AM
    The Titanic will rise again! And sitting on those deck chairs will be Elvis and Tupac rocking their Passports freshly updated to 10.3.4 and a new Android runtime personally ported by Rubin himself.

I won't believe this is impossible until I hear it from Chen himself, countersigned by Lazaridis.
    11-02-17 11:55 AM

If I had paid more attention to that girl in college

It's better to think about that as having dodged a bullet. Young women are all seductive and stuff but all they want to do is draw you in and assimilate you and have you enslaved to them lol. Be happy that you didn't get weighed down at a young age.
    rayporsche likes this.
    11-02-17 12:54 PM
    It's better to think about that as having dodged a bullet. Young women are all seductive and stuff but all they want to do is draw you in and assimilate you and have you enslaved to them lol. Be happy that you didn't get weighed down at a young age.
    Dude that is their mission no matter at what age ! hahaha
    Dunt Dunt Dunt likes this.
    11-02-17 02:22 PM
    I 'downgraded' from an iPhone 6 to a BB PassPort SE (in late 2016) and have used your app a few times over the course of the year to stay in contact with colleagues. You guys did a beautiful job integrating the Linkedin experience with the BB10 OS. Thank you for all your hard work and my only regret is I didn't have more time to use your app. Best wishes to you and your team. Thank you for putting a smile emoji on the BB community for all these years!
    12-04-17 11:49 AM
    I will just use the browser, nothing new really. Most "apps" use the browser anyways, they are just HTML wrappers. That includes youtube and facebook. Hahaha.
    12-08-17 12:22 AM
    Microscrewed... like Nokia. Taken over and shut down? ;-(

•   Replacement Passport - New Phone feeling ... ;-))   •
    12-08-17 04:07 AM
    Should have shut long time ago, it messed up my z10 contacts back in 13...

Posted via CB10
    12-09-17 03:36 AM
    Facebook was never offical blackberry uses the public apis which are now closed since the private apis are more secure
    I don't think this is correct. I started up my backup Classic a few days ago which is still on the version before they broke Facebook, and the app and Hub notifications still worked. Secondly, it had nothing to do with security. Facebook only wanted to develop the APIs for Android and iOS, which meant the BlackBerry app would be a crappy experience by comparison, so they made BlackBerry stop using it. The Web version is far better, except for the lack of notifications.
    12-17-17 07:22 AM
52 123