Could someone post a valid link to the older BlackBerry Desktop Software v7.0 Bundle 60 for those of us who wish to downgrade from 7.1? I tried to sync my 9810 yesterday and was getting a ton of problems/conflicts with Outlook contacts and calendars. There is no way I am overwriting current contacts and appts with the 7.1 version, esp when 7.0 was working perfectly. Thanks in advance.
    07-27-12 07:29 AM
    Could someone post a valid link to the older BlackBerry Desktop Software v7.0 Bundle 60 for those of us who wish to downgrade from 7.1? I tried to sync my 9810 yesterday and was getting a ton of problems/conflicts with Outlook contacts and calendars. There is no way I am overwriting current contacts and appts with the 7.1 version, esp when 7.0 was working perfectly. Thanks in advance.
    Just in case - if you can't get it -
    If you're under Windows (I presume, if 7.x) and did not install anything after ... remember you should have a restoration point available

(sry but didn't found)
    07-27-12 12:31 PM
    Just in case - if you can't get it -
    If you're under Windows (I presume, if 7.x) and did not install anything after ... remember you should have a restoration point available

(sry but didn't found)
    I am using Windows 7 Pro. That is true, I will try to go back via the restore point.

Edit: the restore did not work with Desktop Manager, unfortunately.
    Last edited by jcbrunson; 07-27-12 at 03:40 PM. Reason: Added comment
    07-27-12 03:00 PM
    Well, I couldn't get back to DM 7.0 B60. But I can get back to B59 via the AT&T software download page. Here is the link, if it works:

https://swdownloads.blackberry.com/D...2EB53D06FD9827

Thanks to an old Bla1ze post regarding the B44 issues, which had the link to the AT&T download location!
    07-27-12 04:03 PM
    One of the things I love about people on Crackberry, is that they follow thru on an issue in order to close it out. So for the benefit of the community, here goes.

The desktop mgr 7.0 and beyond does not sync well with Outlook. It may have something to do with dropping Intellisync, I don't necessarily know. What I do know is this - that after the 7.1 update, I could not cleanly sync from Outlook to my 9810 without major conflicts that could not be resolved. And not being able to sync is a major issue.

So I managed to find a link to desktop mgr 6.1.0.35 b34 and downgrade. Everthing is resolving itself nicely, Outlook is working properly with the 9810 and no conflicts are occuring. Here is the link to older desktop manager versions:

Archived RIM Desktop Software - BlackBerry Forums Support Community

I hope that anyone else having issues with desktop mgr finds this thread useful.
    Last edited by jcbrunson; 07-30-12 at 09:22 AM. Reason: grammar
    solomon_grundy likes this.
    07-30-12 08:25 AM
    I tried Desktop software 7.1 and for the most part it worked well with Outlook albeit a little slower once I got past the recurring appointment isues which I think were about outlook itself. The problem that I am having is that sometimes when Iv'e connected to my pc the software wants me to delete all my outlook calender entres. the only way to claer this is to delete calender data on 9810 via desktop software then resync this does work but It feels risky.
    I have tried to feedback to Rim but the e-mails bounce back which is a same as without our feedback nothing will change.
    07-30-12 08:34 AM
    Since upgrading DM, I can't complete a backup without crashing. I have been on the phone with support all day. According to the tech support, this is a know problem that is supposedly being worked on. I actually asked if any older versions of DM were archived but was told they were not. I should have come here first
    07-30-12 04:14 PM
    Since upgrading DM, I can't complete a backup without crashing. I have been on the phone with support all day. According to the tech support, this is a know problem that is supposedly being worked on. I actually asked if any older versions of DM were archived but was told they were not. I should have come here first
    I love it when Crackberry users are more helpful than RIM support! Glad someone else was able to solve this problem. I think I'll stick with DM 6.1 until there are no more complaints with 7.X...
    07-30-12 08:38 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD