I live in California where AT&T is king when it comes to cell phone carriers and all the stores are IPhone happy when it comes to Blackberry you are lucky to find 2 or 3 on display and all phones are in the basic black color does AT&T have something againest RIM ?
    01-31-12 02:05 PM
    It's like that with every carrier it seems, and actually when you think about it, there are only 2-3 BlackBerry models available currently. For example, with AT&T you've got the Bold 9900, Torch 9810, and Torch 9860, and Curve 9360, which are the 4 new BlackBerry models currently available.

Unfortunately carriers advertise the devices that sell more than the ones that don't sell very well. That's why the BlackBerries are relegated to a single pod, somewhere off to the side, and the iPhone and the Android handsets are setup front and center. It's this way at Verizon, T-Mobile, Sprint...

As a BB fan it sucks, but from a marketing standpoint, it makes perfect sense. Push the popular items, set the older items that don't sell all that well off to the side... Sad but true...
    01-31-12 02:45 PM
    AT&T hardly has a limited selection. They also have the Curve 3G and Torch 9800 in some stores. That's 6 BB devices.

Are people really idots and think they're somehow obligated to buy what a rep pushes and are exempt from doing their own research IRT what phones they're eventually want to buy?
    01-31-12 05:15 PM
    In the US market many carriers ain't pushing Blackberry that much... many Blackberry users moved to Android and iphone devices and the Blackberry market in the US is low right now so carrier won't try to push it because people don't know what will be with Blackberry until next year..
    When the ask for it will increase i'm sure we won't have this problem.
    01-31-12 10:14 PM
    RIM has to do better in-store marketing. If they spend $100million on tv ads and whatever other marketing campaigns, if they don't make their in-store presentation better, how are people supposed even know that the Bold 9900 that looks awesome in a commercial is even sold at the store they're in?!

I was at Best Buy a few weeks ago, and I was surprised to see that RIM had a pretty cool little display for the Torch 9810 on at&t. It was on one of the main phone islands, but was on it's own little BlackBerry platform, with highlighted features like the Liquid Graphics and faster processor in bolder font.

I think I recall RIM having a pretty good setup for the Torch 9800 when it launched in 2010, and I think they should do the same for the current crop of devices...because it's a longggg way until BB10, in technology time (and for those of us that go out and buy BlackBerrys the day they're released )
    01-31-12 10:46 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD