Honestly this is exactly the reaction at my workplace when people are issued old blackberrys as work phones. It caused a lot of people to strongly dislike BB in general.
    05-28-14 06:10 AM
    I get extra money added to every other paycheck to cover cell phone expenseses. My new Q arrives tonight, but I am out of town. I'll post unboxing pics for you this weekend.

It could be worse, you could be like the poor ******* that was issued the Samsung. I could live with an iPhone. (Well sort of )
    05-28-14 06:49 AM
    I get extra money added to every other paycheck to cover cell phone expenseses. My new Q arrives tonight, but I am out of town. I'll post unboxing pics for you this weekend.

It could be worse, you could be like the poor ******* that was issued the Samsung. I could live with an iPhone. (Well sort of )
    A taxable benefit that only benefits your employer.

Posted via CB10 on BlackBerry Q5
    05-29-14 03:58 AM
    Oh no, they gave you an iPhone!? While kids starve and millions of people find it hard to get employment, you got a free iPhone for work, boy oh boy were you dealt an awful hand in life! O.M.G, this is a TRAGEDY!
    05-29-14 04:24 AM
    A good opportunity to simply refuse it. Head over to IT and say no thanks, get me a blackberry.

Posted via CB10
    05-29-14 04:47 AM
    Spent the last few years contracting at the biggest mobile telecoms companies in the UK. I could set up my own Blackberry phone(s) to their exchange server so all was good. Recently started a new gig at another UK mobile telecoms provider (more interesting work hence the move). All was looking good until today. They want me to use one of their phones for work (which is fine in itself). My work phone arrived today. It's only a bloody iPhone thingy (and to make matters worse it's white).

The absolute shame - sorry...................
    just quit your job...life is to short if you dont like your job...

then when you go to interview for a job ask them if they provide BB for work phone....if not just storm off and find other places that provide BB phone..
    05-29-14 05:02 AM
    Unfortunately I have seen bad executives going against good advice from IT and corporate security and at the same time, bad IT and corporate security hires that compromise the enterprise with lacking knowledge and bad decision-making. Retaining and attracting talent is not emphasized enough nowadays.

Posted via CB10
    05-29-14 07:28 AM
    I feel ya. I got a Samsung GS4 for my work phone. I did make an effort for 2 weeks to use it as my only phone as I really didn't want to carry 2 phones around, but I just couldn't do it. Needless to say, I now carry 2 phones.
    At the last place I worked they gave out Motorola's to us pilots. The things sucked. They often didn't get a signal & you were always having to plug them in. As a result, I know a few co-workers who set it to automatically forward calls to their personal cell phones. They would then leave it plugged in at home & go on with their day....of course this only works if you have a cell plan that can handle the extra calls without costing you extra $

Oh & I should also add that when management found out about this they were not happy. They sent out a memo complaining about how they spent the $ to give us phones & we weren't using them. Though if they had spent a little more $ and gave us usable phones this wouldn't have been an issue. Management were all issued BlackBerrys, why not us?

Posted via CB10
    kbz1960 likes this.
    05-29-14 08:49 AM
    Spent the last few years contracting at the biggest mobile telecoms companies in the UK. I could set up my own Blackberry phone(s) to their exchange server so all was good. Recently started a new gig at another UK mobile telecoms provider (more interesting work hence the move). All was looking good until today. They want me to use one of their phones for work (which is fine in itself). My work phone arrived today. It's only a bloody iPhone thingy (and to make matters worse it's white).

The absolute shame - sorry...................
    At least they could have given you a gold one!!!!

Posted on my Q10 via CB10
    05-29-14 09:12 AM
    Oh no, they gave you an iPhone!? While kids starve and millions of people find it hard to get employment, you got a free iPhone for work, boy oh boy were you dealt an awful hand in life! O.M.G, this is a TRAGEDY!
    OMG! There's kids starving and you're wasting time posting on the internet???
    peter0328, mkelley65 and kbz1960 like this.
    05-29-14 11:01 AM
    I guessing you can't ask for a BlackBerry?

Sent from my iPhone using CB Forums
    05-29-14 11:18 AM
    You should inquire about it. They might have assumed you'd take an iPhone gleefully. The guy in charge of phones at my work usually just orders people the latest Samsung Galaxy, unless something else is requested (like an iPhone). I am the only one that gets BlackBerry at my work. If they have unsold Z30s laying around, they might be happy to give you that instead. No harm trying.
    05-29-14 12:39 PM
    Choose. BB or job. Job wins every time. Too bad hardly any companies care about balance and still make people carry 2 phones.
    05-29-14 12:52 PM
38 12