One can only hope this OS can get some solid market traction.

https://www.zdnet.com/article/huawei...de-its-own-os/
    06-14-19 05:05 PM
    One can only hope this OS can get some solid market traction.

https://www.zdnet.com/article/huawei...de-its-own-os/
    Which lifeline are you referring to there? The fact Huawei might be looking or the fact that Russia is forking it? Either way, nothing there is standing out to me as something that would appeal to or help them with their US presence. 'Yeah, it's OK now US. We got a new Russian OS' doesn't strike me as a conversation that will go over too well.
    06-14-19 05:19 PM
    Which lifeline are you referring to there? The fact Huawei might be looking or the fact that Russia is is forking it? Either way, nothing there is standing out to me as something that would appeal to or help them with their US presence. 'Yeah, it's OK now US. We got a new Russian OS'.
    I was referring to the Sailfish OS getting some traction.
    06-14-19 05:22 PM
    I was referring to the Sailfish OS getting some traction.
    I'm not seeing any new traction. They already had deals with Russia and were working to bring it to China already. There's nothing new there other than Huawei's potential interest, which potentially could expedite their transition into China but again, entry to China was planned.
    06-14-19 05:24 PM
    I'm not seeing any new traction. They already had deals with Russia and were working to bring it to China already. There's nothing new there other than Huawei's potential interest, which potentially could expedite their transition into China but again, entry to China was planned.
    Then it's a dead duck. It's Google or Google.
    06-14-19 05:28 PM
    Then it's a dead duck. It's Google or Google.
    I wouldn't say dead, they're just carving out spots they can fit themselves into. There's nothing wrong with not being as huge as Apple and Google as long as they're making enough to keep to the business going. I would love to see them get much bigger, but I dunno how that will play out.
    06-14-19 05:30 PM
    There's nothing wrong with not being as huge as Apple and Google as long as they're making enough to keep to the business going.
    Amen! Go @BlackBerry Mobile
    06-14-19 05:41 PM
    Huawei is fairly massive in Europe also so it remains to be seen how and if they could even transition there to another OS. It's a huge hill to climb but due to the anti-Google uprisings in many parts of Europe, one never knows how things may pan out.
    06-14-19 05:57 PM
    due to the anti-Google uprisings in many parts of Europe,
    A european asks - the what now?
    06-22-19 03:24 PM
    06-22-19 03:37 PM
    Does Sailfish need a lifeline? It's proven to be a survivor so far. A bit like BlackBerry
    06-22-19 07:04 PM
    Does Sailfish need a lifeline? It's proven to be a survivor so far. A bit like BlackBerry
    Technically from an OS standpoint BB didn’t completely survive... my hub has lost some functionality but I still take my BBAndroid over Sailfish as it still has better hardware support ..... however in that regard Sailfish does set a very low bar....
    06-22-19 07:49 PM
    Oh that - makes no difference to users - most of who have never heard of or care about such things.
    06-23-19 02:55 AM
    Oh that - makes no difference to users - most of who have never heard of or care about such things.
    I was referring to governments/legislative bodies and not individual users.
    06-23-19 09:19 AM
    I was referring to governments/legislative bodies and not individual users.
    In what regard though? What affect or effect?
    06-24-19 06:42 AM