I have to wonder why Amzingly even has a BB or a smartphone to begin with. Only for e-mail? Just sounds like you don't have a need for one.
    12-20-10 02:04 PM
    You can get email on a dumb phone. AG just likes being contrary. Right cutie?

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    12-20-10 02:07 PM
    Agreed. Cell phones have come a very long way in such a short period of time. Although im only 26, I remember when all we had was the black and white screens, sms text and the game snake haha! Now I use my Blackberry for everything. Checking the time, texting for work and personal, making notes and reminders, emails and music. I used to carry a notebook around at work but now I carry my blackberry for notes haha! Its faster and easier for me.
    12-20-10 03:07 PM
    Before I had a BlackBerry, I couldn't afford to have one. Basic mathematics. I rebuild my life to accommodate my income.

I still had a GPS, a cell phone, two laptops, several desktops, and a car, but I didn't have regular jobs that could sustain regular postpaid cell service. With people getting cheaper and cheaper (as in, do this work, but I will not pay you when it is done BS), I opted to go inside, figure the beast out, and leave everyone else to twist in the wind.
    12-20-10 04:20 PM
    I have to wonder why Amzingly even has a BB or a smartphone to begin with. Only for e-mail? Just sounds like you don't have a need for one.
    oh yes that phone gets used, AG started a good thread here http://forums.crackberry.com/f2/day-life-bb-541575/
    12-21-10 09:37 PM
    Let's see, I still wear a watch daily (own about 60), I do not use my phone for
    multimedia (Every BlackBerry sucks in that regard), I still prefer a real camera, I don't
    and never will use my phone as an alarm clock (I have a real one), my car has
    built in GPS, I don't text message (dumbest communication medium EVER!!) and
    I am bright enough to figure out the appropriate tip in my head.

That, I guess, means, I do not relate, at all.
    Such a bitter old man, lol!

12-21-10 10:09 PM
    MP3 is lossy and highly compressed, so it will not have a high quality sound on any device, whether a phone, MP3 player, or stereo system. It is a limitation of the format, not the device.
    Ogg, Wave and Flac are, however, lossless.

12-22-10 07:39 AM
    Life before BB:

12-22-10 07:48 AM
    MP3 is lossy and highly compressed, so it will not have a high quality sound on any device, whether a phone, MP3 player, or stereo system. It is a limitation of the format, not the device.
    Totally not true!!!
    12-22-10 11:21 AM
    My phone might be smart but it's made me stupid or at least I don't remember things anymore cause I enter it and then don't have to remember until my reminder pops up.
    12-22-10 11:25 AM
    Oh Gosh! I can totally relate. And, yes, I must be to stupid to figure a tip as well. I use my BB.

I remember carrying around a Franklin Daytimer. Thankfully, my old Daytimer had a zipper on it which kept in all of the post it notes and misc bills etc that I carried around with me. All of that seems ridiculous today. I still remember the day I took the planner out to the garage and dropped it into the garbage can.
    12-22-10 11:38 AM
36 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD