Hi, my last blackberry phone was the Bold 9780 since then the only BB product I used was the playbook, and since Heins announced that it wasn't getting BB10 I stopped using it. Since my Bold I used a few phone, the iPhone 4, the HTC HD7 surround (wp7-7.5), and currently I'm using the Xperia T. The reason I stopped using my bold was that the screen broke and it would've been too expensive to repair. So going from the bold to the iPhone 4 was kind of hard since it is so much different and to this day I miss that keyboard, (and bbm but now we have it on android). Moving away from the iPhone to the htc desire was easy... The iPhone was by far the phone I liked the less, but I didn't love the HTC either. Windows phone 7 was so boring and the build quality of the phone wasn't good. Fast forward to November 2012, I got my XPERIA T AND I LOVE IT. It is by far the best phone I have ever used. However unlike what you might think. I don't live it because it is android, I love it because it is Sony. They have some custom software on it like Clearaudio +, that just make moving to another phone difficult and the build quality and design are AMAZING. But I have a problem.... I'm bored of android. So for a few month now I've been looking around for a new phone (btw I never left BB off my radar in fact I had invested in the company right before the launch of BB10). And to my great surprise there are rumors that Sony might work on a Windows phone device.

I'm bored of Android and I hated my iPhone so iOS and Android are out of the question. which leaves WP and BB10. Even thought my previous experience with WP was bad I am willing to give it another shot. However what I really need is some Sony custom software and build quality, which is why I came here to ask you guys: Do you know if BB10 will ever be licensed? I am willing to wait 2 more years with my current phone if there is a chance that BB10 will get licensed but if not I think I might move to Wp if the rumors of Sony making a windows phone are true. If there not I'm staying with android and hoping that in some way or the other BB will give us there keyboard and there hub.

Sorry for long post and really sorry for bad English
    Thank you for you answers
    01-15-14 03:10 PM
    They did try pushing it. I'm sure that if any manufacturer wanted to, they'd be game.

It's still a possiblily...
    01-15-14 03:22 PM
    Some people here were hoping for Sony or HTC to license BB10 for the build quality. However as Diego said, they probably would have done it if any of the manufacturers were down for it, seeing as Thorsten said they were considering it and the direction that Chen is going with the hardware business.
    Direct apk installation with 10.2.1 might just change that maybe, so it could always become reality

Posted via CB10
    01-15-14 06:15 PM
    But I think the problem is that. BB10 contains Android Code which means Sony LG Samsung etc Can't adopt it since They signed a deal for the open handset Alliance. which stops them from adopting any OS that contains Android Code.
    01-15-14 08:06 PM
    But I think the problem is that. BB10 contains Android Code which means Sony LG Samsung etc Can't adopt it since They signed a deal for the open handset Alliance. which stops them from adopting any OS that contains Android Code.
    Good point.

Sony is looking to diversify, too. WP8 will see Sony devices, but I suspect BB10 won't be an option unless there is a build with the runtime stripped to begin with.
    01-15-14 08:30 PM
    or maybe there are no company interested licensed BB .

even microsoft have to pay / bought nokia and from the rumour offering HTC, Samsung money to adopt BB10
    01-15-14 09:07 PM