CrackBerry sister site Android Central posted an infographic comparing the LG Nexus 4 with several other top smartphones. I thought it'd be interesting to see how BlackBerry 10 stacked up so I went ahead and added the specs from the Dev Alpha B.
    LG Nexus 4 versus BlackBerry Dev Alpha B (and others!)-nexus_4_vs_the_world.jpg
    Jonesy1966 and cbvinh like this.
    10-29-12 03:38 PM
    Thanks for the pic. Dev Alpha B has DLNA. It should also have proximity sensor.
    10-29-12 04:01 PM
    Ok, I was using the specs posted on the Inside BlackBerry blog, sorry if I missed anything.
    10-29-12 04:22 PM
    Sorry, perhaps I'm clueless... but what does DLNA have to do with a proximity sensor? DLNA is a wireless standard to share multimedia. Proximity sensors detect when you move close to your device. I don't get it.
    10-29-12 04:34 PM
    that's still a little different from the final BB10 devices... For example they will have LTE.
    howarmat likes this.
    10-29-12 04:36 PM
    For me the killer feature of the nexus 4 is the price.
    Rello and Tatperson like this.
    10-29-12 04:46 PM
    Sorry, perhaps I'm clueless... but what does DLNA have to do with a proximity sensor? DLNA is a wireless standard to share multimedia. Proximity sensors detect when you move close to your device. I don't get it.
    He was just mentioning two different things that should be added to the graphic. There's no tie between the two other than they are both missing from the chart.
    10-29-12 05:22 PM
    Tad unfair to compare a development unit to full-fledged devices, no? Still, it doesn't do too badly. Love DLNA. yet another check mark.
    10-29-12 05:39 PM
    For me the killer feature of the nexus 4 is the price.
    It's a very good price, but not great. No microSD support (which is bad when the on-board max is 16GB, at least initially), no LTE, and a 1.3MP ffc (not 2MP).
    10-29-12 05:58 PM
    It's a very good price, but not great. No microSD support (which is bad when the on-board max is 16GB, at least initially), no LTE, and a 1.3MP ffc (not 2MP).
    Yep, the lack of SD expansion did give me pause, but excellent cloud computing functionality does help. I thought skiipping LTE was interesting. I still like the overall value, though.
    10-29-12 06:04 PM
    Yep, the lack of SD expansion did give me pause, but excellent cloud computing functionality does help. I thought skiipping LTE was interesting. I still like the overall value, though.
    It's becoming a (annoying) trend in Nexus devices to go without SD slots. I don't like it.

As far as no LTE support, that effectively eliminates this device as a choice for two of the top 4 US carriers (three carriers, if you count AT&T's growing LTE network.) #3 Sprint I can understand, but no love for Verizon or AT&T? Wow.
    10-29-12 06:10 PM
    Google like apple and microsoft wants you to use their cloud solution and ecosystem. They want everything you do inside Google Drive.

The LTE is really odd. Wonder if the t-mobile varient has dormant lte like the note II has.

Sent from my T-Mobile G2 using Tapatalk 2
    10-29-12 06:11 PM
    In my opinion, RIM has to be the Nexus 4, this idea that one company can just wait and wait to put a product out is crazy. Every time another company displays a new device anybody thats on the fence or is tried of waiting will purchase another phone just the way it works in America. Most people want a new phone every year or two, so RIM needs to get it's act together.
    10-29-12 09:49 PM
    In my opinion, RIM has to be the Nexus 4, this idea that one company can just wait and wait to put a product out is crazy. Every time another company displays a new device anybody thats on the fence or is tried of waiting will purchase another phone just the way it works in America. Most people want a new phone every year or two, so RIM needs to get it's act together.
    It's a constant cycle. Sure, there are people who will lock themselves into a contract in the next several months. But as the cycle continues, there will be people coming off of contracts at the same time that BB10 is being released and people that are waiting for BB10 and people coming up for upgrade after it is released, This cycle will continue for years with no foreseeable end so there's no need to get worked up over the people that are going to buy phones soon. There's no definitive finish line to the smartphone race...
    kbz1960 likes this.
    10-29-12 11:24 PM
    At this point they might as well wait until everyone else finish releasing their devices and consumer's wallets have a chance to recover. If they were to launch BB10 around now it would be drowned out, or people will have to chose between BB10 and a bunch of other things.
    10-29-12 11:38 PM
    It's becoming a (annoying) trend in Nexus devices to go without SD slots. I don't like it.

As far as no LTE support, that effectively eliminates this device as a choice for two of the top 4 US carriers (three carriers, if you count AT&T's growing LTE network.) #3 Sprint I can understand, but no love for Verizon or AT&T? Wow.
    Google isn't known to shy away from directly retailing the nexus devices themselves
    10-30-12 02:00 AM
    Bear in mind I am in the UK where LTE is of marginal interest unless you want to pay double the amount for an unlimited price plan on 3G for a 4G plan with 500mb of data. As for the 16Gb, I can live with that.
    10-30-12 02:05 AM
    Google like apple and microsoft wants you to use their cloud solution and ecosystem. They want everything you do inside Google Drive.

The LTE is really odd. Wonder if the t-mobile varient has dormant lte like the note II has.

Sent from my T-Mobile G2 using Tapatalk 2
    Of course the nice thing is that Microsoft have provided a very good skydrive app for Android
    10-30-12 10:19 AM
    Google didn't want to have to use a second radio stack to run LTE, and they learned from the Galaxy Nexus that having to have two seperate versions of the phone diminished user experience..thus there explanation with going for straight GSM (with 42Mb/s speeds!). This also cut down on the cost to the end user, and for $330 for a kick a$$ Vanilla Android phone is fine by me. The GSM is Quad band, and thus compatible on ALL networks, so no matter where you travel, you can simply pop in a SIM card and away you go.

There is NO way BB10 will even attempt to price match this. They will be full pop products as are there OS 7 line of phones right now..so unless sales go poorly and they need to firesale much like the PB, I won't expect any great deals from RIM.
    10-30-12 05:00 PM