How did you live without the Hub before it existed?

We can live without just about anything. We end up using what we find works for us and is comfortable.

Q10, N5, N10.
    I have always used BlackBerry, hub was found in unified inbox of bbos 5, 6 and 7.

That's just it, I am "very comfortable" with BlackBerry the way they put almost everything in one inbox.

Sent from 2AD743B7 via Tapatalk Pro
    08-17-14 03:31 PM
    I personally use four different mobile operating systems at the moment (BB10, Android, Jolla Sailfish and Windows Phone 8) and I'd have it no other way.
    I do not physically have time in my life to make room for a 2nd device and could not imagine even attempting to find time pick up 4 different devices a day
    08-17-14 03:41 PM
    If I wanted to try Android, right now would be the best time. I'd get the best/latest device not only so that I know I'm getting the best possible Android (even if it means installing ROMs), but also because it would be easier to sell down the road if it didn't work for me. Right now we know the Passport is coming, but are still unsure about any touch screen devices. By the time they actually push something out, you would have had plenty of time to play with your Android (because that's mostly what you'll do---just kidding!) Anyway, get your Android now, try it... and if it doesn't work for you, sell it when you know what else BlackBerry has in store.

Posted via CB10
    08-17-14 04:16 PM
    I do not physically have time in my life to make room for a 2nd device and could not imagine even attempting to find time pick up 4 different devices a day
    Wow, you must have an incredibly horrible life if you don't physically have enough spare time to use more than one mobile device. I feel for you. Life is short and everyone should make time for hobbies. I hope your situation improves to where you aren't so busy soon.
    08-17-14 05:42 PM
    Lmao Witmen that's way too much for me. I only want to use one phone, and not have to have both devices and switch back and forth between the two whenever I crave the features of the other. I just need one perfect device for me. How is Android's security? Is Blackberry really that much better in that sector? I don't really notice it, except for my picture-password feature...

Posted via CB10
    99% of mobile malware ("viruses") is written for Android, according to Kaspersky (Antivirus software maker) .

Go figure.

Ever heard of Zeus?

? BlackBerry? I premdict the future's gonna be chenomenal! ?
    08-17-14 06:14 PM
    99% of mobile malware ("viruses") is written for Android, according to Kaspersky (Antivirus software maker) .

Go figure.

Ever heard of Zeus?

? BlackBerry? I premdict the future's gonna be chenomenal! ?
    No who or what is Zeus
    08-17-14 09:25 PM
    Wow, you must have an incredibly horrible life if you don't physically have enough spare time to use more than one mobile device. I feel for you. Life is short and everyone should make time for hobbies. I hope your situation improves to where you aren't so busy soon.
    Posts like this make me wish CB had a genuine facepalm emoticon.

No who or what is Zeus
    Good question. AFAIK, there was a ZeuS that was Windows desktop OS malware. It got pretty big for a while, but I don't think it ever infected mobile OSes...?
    clickitykeys likes this.
    08-17-14 11:46 PM
    Um, hobbies are like to go outdoors and mountain bike, or kayak, or snorkeling. Not carry around two devices to feel complete... So hopefully his situation improves so he'll have more time to do the things I listed. Whether he gets a second device or not will really have no bearing on how enjoyable or complete his life is...

?Posted without the aid of AutoCorrect with my physical keyboard via CB10
    clickitykeys and zocster like this.
    08-18-14 12:12 AM
    Wow, you must have an incredibly horrible life if you don't physically have enough spare time to use more than one mobile device. I feel for you. Life is short and everyone should make time for hobbies. ..
    He might be out riding a bike, or hiking, or collecting stamps, or watching interesting films, or reading wonderful books, or whatever. Coz, you know, these things also count as hobbies.
    08-18-14 12:22 AM
    Well it's pretty hard to talk on more than one at a time.

Sent from 2AD743B7 via Tapatalk Pro
    08-18-14 12:26 AM
    LOL... I suspect Wit's reply was more tongue-in-cheek than anything else.

But (completely OT) I completely understand technology being a hobby. I love tinkering with different OSes when I have time.
    08-18-14 12:34 AM
    Still the same Android software on a different branded phone. Same lipstick different pig.

BB10_Is_So_Supercalifragilisticexpialidocious
    08-18-14 12:58 AM
    Frankly android devices are beautiful, the large selection of brands, models, shapes, colors, accessories, the large selection of apps, the customisation, the services available, when I think about android phones, I think perfect...

But the truth is (and I've always had a couple lying around) and even with BBOS, I was never able to digest android, I just can't use it and can't really put a finger on why?!

I find BlackBerry devices simply easier to use. Perfectly productive, and simple UI.

No matter how much I stray am back to my BlackBerry!! Actually blackberries loool!

Send from my Q10 in Duracell Mode
    08-18-14 12:59 AM
    He might be out riding a bike, or hiking, or collecting stamps, or watching interesting films, or reading wonderful books, or whatever. Coz, you know, these things also count as hobbies.
    Ooooooooooooolloooooooolll

08-18-14 01:00 AM
    If apps important then don't even think about BlackBerry 10. I don't miss apps at all after coming from Android, my Z10 is probably the best phone I have ever used. The phone is so reliable and never gets slow even after one and half years. It just gets better with each update.

Posted via CB10
    cman5 likes this.
    08-18-14 02:55 AM
    Frankly android devices are beautiful, the large selection of brands, models, shapes, colors, accessories, the large selection of apps, the customisation, the services available, when I think about android phones, I think perfect...

But the truth is (and I've always had a couple lying around) and even with BBOS, I was never able to digest android, I just can't use it and can't really put a finger on why?!

I find BlackBerry devices simply easier to use. Perfectly productive, and simple UI.

No matter how much I stray am back to my BlackBerry!! Actually blackberries loool!

Yes, so many different shapes, sizes, and formats. There are the rectangular glass slabs. Then there are the smaller rectangular glass slabs. And for more variety, there are the larger rectangular glass slabs. And for the individual in all of us, there are the gray rectangular glass slabs. And because being unique is important, there are also the black rectangular glass slabs. Let's not ignore the rounded corner rectangular glass slabs that set itself apart from the sharper corner rectangular glass slabs. There's one for every one! Stand out in the crowd today! ;-)

Banco, skstrials and clickitykeys like this.
    08-18-14 06:10 AM
    Yes, so many different shapes, sizes, and formats. There are the rectangular glass slabs. Then there are the smaller rectangular glass slabs. And for more variety, there are the larger rectangular glass slabs. And for the individual in all of us, there are the gray rectangular glass slabs. And because being unique is important, there are also the black rectangular glass slabs. Let's not ignore the rounded corner rectangular glass slabs that set itself apart from the sharper corner rectangular glass slabs. There's one for every one! Stand out in the crowd today! ;-)

Lmao!

Posted via CB10 Z30STA100-3/10.2.1.2180
    08-18-14 06:46 AM
    The G3 looks like an awesome device indeed. I am going to wait what the Note 4 and iPhone 6 are going to be like - and of course the Passport.
    So at the end of September you are going to have a good choice of devices.
    08-18-14 07:28 AM
    Carry both devices. I have a Q10 and an iPhone. I live in South Korea and of course everybody here is using either LG or Samsung. I'm really tempted on replacing the iPhone with G3 but I'm still waiting a little longer for the Note 4 and iPhone 6. I really need a secondary device for some apps and camera.
    08-18-14 07:39 AM
    I'm currently using an LG G3.The battery life on the G3 is the best I've ever got on any phone and I've pretty much owned every high end phone released in the last six years. The screen size and quality are great. Android is an entirely different beast. Offers total customization and complete control. Also, everyone knows that Android has way more apps. But, I would rather use a Z30 with the Android apps I need than I would use an Android phone just for the apps. I just enjoy the user experience of BB10 way more than I do Android because of how fluid and smooth BB10 is (I'm not saying Android isn't). I just ordered a Z10 because of the current sale and will be getting rid of my G3.
    08-18-14 07:40 AM
    I just want BlackBerry to come out with a replacement to the Z30 already!

Posted via CB10
    Same here. My Q10 is enough for my keypad cravings. Not really excited with the passport because of the hdmi out that I'm always using on my Q. Looking forward to Z30 successor. Hopefully they will still include hdmi. For now, will carry both iphone and q10.
    08-18-14 07:46 AM
    One device to rule them all....for many I think one device is all they expect to own. Maybe a Tablet and a phone, but in most cases the phone needs to do it all, as carrying a tablet is not a full time option. While I know many here love technology and own multiple BlackBerry or a combination of devices... that really isn't the norm.

I think most of us will agree that we love BB10 and the way the OS flows. The short comings in Apps can be overlooked in some cases, but I realize that maybe for some it's too big of an issue. The shortcomings in hardware can be overlooked right now, but I think all of use would jump up an down for a BlackBerry Note 4 type device.... or if the Classic had the same type of specs.
    cman5 likes this.
    08-18-14 07:48 AM
    Are any of you guys also considering moving to a really great Android device? My Q10 is lacking in many areas that would easily be solved by me switching to an android device. However, I really like BB10 and it's security. Help!

Posted via CB10
    Hi,

I've been using BlackBerry continuously since 2006. In April of last year I got the Z10, which had just arrived to my country carrier (Movistar / Peru). My experience with the Z10 and BB 10 OS has been a great one, although through time it has brought to me many a dissapointment.

I'll list a few isues I can recall now:

• Change in data plan. Before BB 10 mails (data) and web browsing were free of charge. One had only to pay for the monthly contract charge to the carrier, no matter how much data one consumed. After BB 10, data plans were limited to different options, all of which demanded attention not to override them. A very stressful situation for BlackBerry users who were accostumed to no limits in data connection.

• Since the start BB 10 OS, has not been perfectly working. It has gone through multiple updates (many if them still "leaked"), which I cannot account for at this time. I must have done almost all official updates (almost entirely through Sachesi) since I got my Z10. Some of them weee good, others messed up the phone with all sorts of glitches (contacts were amongst the most affected) and severed the battery life.

• Battery life of the Z10 has been bad since inception of the Z10 phone. It simply is not good, and it gets worse over time. I had to buy a new battery by October of last year (I bought the phone in April), because the one that came with the device had its health almost depleted in a short time (6 months). The new battery life and health followed suit almost exactly at the rate of the first one. By April of this year, it lasted less than 5 hours of normal use (almost no web, wifi off where it wasn't available, almost all non-vital apps closed and not running headless). I had to have the device charging constantly so it won't shut off.

• Apps, while they are not for me a deal breaker, they add (or subtract) to the whole experience. I'm not much of a gamer, and more of a "prosumer", whatever that may mean, but the few apps I want are not on BB World. For example, I use a Pebble watch, and though I can muddle through patches like TalkToWatch Pro (a truly excellent app for BB 10), the experience with a Pebble is far from optimal. Many developers are not interested in producing apps for BlackBerry, and though it's sad, it is what it is, and it is not good.

• Carrier support. Movistar has abandoned BlackBerry. As I said, most of the BB 10 updates I've done (save from the first one, I think) were using Sachesi. This is a shame because users of BlackBerry are on their own as far as updating and getting technical assistance goes.

These are a few of the issues I've had. So I went shopping a few weeks ago and found a Blu Life Pure XL phone that runs Android. I'm using it right now. It's not perfect (nothing really is), and I still miss some of the Z10's features, but overall the experience is a lot better than what I had from the beginning with the Z10.

What have I done with the Z10? Well, I have passed it to my elder son, who lost his iphone not long ago. He's still on the learning curve, but overall his experience with it seems to be going well. I will need to buy a new battery, though.

I know this is not going to sound good here, but now that I'm not on BlackBerry anymore, I don't feel bad at all.

Best wishes to all!

Posted via the CrackBerry App for Android
    08-18-14 08:37 AM
    I have both an LG G3 and a Q10 - and I find that I can do most of what I want with either. Both have high build quality although since I have small hands I prefer the Q10. I don't believe the crap about security since if you're not on BIS or BES, and if android apps are sideloaded there's always a chance to introduce malware onto BB10. I actually got the LG G3 on a whim but I'm actually going to sell it and stick with BB, largely because I believe that OS10 is the most advanced OS available and because it allows me the flexibility I need (the HUB alone is worth it) and there is no better system of notifications than OS10. But I also think the LG G3 is hands down the best android out there particularly for media consumption.
    08-18-14 09:32 AM
    I had to decide between the LG G3 and the BlackBerry Z30 three weeks ago. I went with the BlackBerry Z30 and for me it has been pure bliss. The battery life alone (using LTE no less) is reason enough to switch. I leave home at 9 am and I get back around 10 pm. After a full day of heavy use my battery is between 45% to 50% (sometimes higher). I use my Z30 for my work outs (running) for an hour and the app is set to ping the GPS satellites every second. Always checking/replying to e-mails and on the Internet using the BlackBerry browser which in my opinion is the best mobile browser out there.

As for the LG G3 the 2.5K display is amazing and the GPU is very powerful. Battery life, however, is an issue in comparison.

In the end for me it came down to a simple question. Do I need a toy (LG G3) or do I need this to be productive and get work done (BlackBerry Z30)? I went with the Z30 and I have no regrets.

P.S.
    For media consumption I use my PS3 (Blu-ray and Netflix) with my home theatre setup. Last year I did use Netflix on my smartphone quite a bit, but lately when I want to unwind the home theatre is my first choice. That being said the OLED display and speakers on the Z30 are first rate. When I was at the cottage I watched some movies on the Z30 and it was a great experience (the LTE wireless at the cottage was also neat).
    As an unrelated aside I was so impressed with the OLED display on the Z30 that I tracked down a new PS Vita (first gen OLED display). In my opinion OLED is the way to go.

Posted via CB10
    Last edited by LordPiggyOfHam; 08-18-14 at 10:09 AM.
    08-18-14 09:58 AM
67 123