Are any of you guys also considering moving to a really great Android device? My Q10 is lacking in many areas that would easily be solved by me switching to an android device. However, I really like BB10 and it's security. Help!

Posted via CB10
    08-16-14 06:45 PM
    What are you missing, cause i think your gonna be missing more by going android,
    Q10Bold, pttptppt and lift like this.
    08-16-14 06:57 PM
    Just got a G3 for my wife. It's not a bad Android device, but after trying it out for a while, I can tell you that I sure wouldn't trade my Z30 for one. To each his own...
    southlander, Riaan Smit and lift like this.
    08-16-14 06:59 PM
    I think that I like the larger screen better. I had an S3 before I went to my Q10. I love the keyboard but after 6 months of having this phone, I'm kind of missing what I sacrificed to have this keyboard. And not to mention the capabilities Android has with their app selection, particularly in the photo editing department. G3 also has a better camera, for sure.

Posted via CB10
    wesker likes this.
    08-16-14 07:01 PM
    I just want BlackBerry to come out with a replacement to the Z30 already!

Posted via CB10
    08-16-14 07:01 PM
    Why switch? Use both!

The only reason I can think of to use only one platform is if you simply can't afford to use more than one. I personally use four different mobile operating systems at the moment (BB10, Android, Jolla Sailfish and Windows Phone 8) and I'd have it no other way. My OnePlus One and LG G3 are the only two phones I have with actual service on them while the others are used on WiFi only.

If you can afford to buy a G3 without selling your Q10, why not use both?
    08-16-14 07:06 PM
    My wife has different priorities than I when it comes to smart phones. For me, work productivity is first, and my Z30 is fantastic for that. I hear you though. I'm always up for a bigger, better, badder BlackBerry.
    Honestly, the Passport would be a beast for my type of work - I'm just not sure it will make the transition AFTER work to a handy leisure device. I only carry one phone. Still thinking about this - will wait and try one when they are around.
    08-16-14 07:06 PM
    Lmao Witmen that's way too much for me. I only want to use one phone, and not have to have both devices and switch back and forth between the two whenever I crave the features of the other. I just need one perfect device for me. How is Android's security? Is Blackberry really that much better in that sector? I don't really notice it, except for my picture-password feature...

Posted via CB10
    08-16-14 07:10 PM
    The only real security I've been hearing about BlackBerry are only if you're on BES...

Posted via CB10
    gatorboi352 likes this.
    08-16-14 07:12 PM
    I just got the G3 on my personal line. It's a nice Android phone but the problem for me is its an Android phone.

There are some things I like and I'm still exploring features on the device. The default keyboard is useless so I'm using Swiftkey, but it still isn't nearly as good as my Z30. I found out you can specify the LED color for contact notifications, which I think is awesome. The double tap to get into the phone or to lock the screen is much better than on the G2. The volume buttons can be used as shortcuts for the camera or memo pad when the screen is locked.

The camera is fast but it is very simple and doesn't have many modes included. I could download editing software but it's still a disappointment. I wasn't blown away by the pictures, but I also haven't really used the camera much yet.

Overall I enjoy my Z30 much more than the G3 and if I didn't have a work and personal line the G3 would be left at home or would have never been purchased. Heck the only reason I got it in the first place was because my carrier was going to change my plan if I didn't renew again and since the G3 is a nice phone I should be able to sell it for a decent price if I ever cross that bridge.

For now I'll keep using my Z30 as my everyday phone until the Passport comes out and then if they update the Z30 I'll get that when it's released.

Posted via CB10
    Jack Donovan1 and lift like this.
    08-16-14 07:15 PM
    I just got the G3 on my personal line. It's a nice Android phone but the problem for me is its an Android phone.

There are some things I like and I'm still exploring features on the device. The default keyboard is useless so I'm using Swiftkey, but it still isn't nearly as good as my Z30. I found out you can specify the LED color for contact notifications, which I think is awesome. The double tap to get into the phone or to lock the screen is much better than on the G2. The volume buttons can be used as shortcuts for the camera or memo pad when the screen is locked.

The camera is fast but it is very simple and doesn't have many modes included. I could download editing software but it's still a disappointment. I wasn't blown away by the pictures, but I also haven't really used the camera much yet.

Overall I enjoy my Z30 much more than the G3 and if I didn't have a work and personal line the G3 would be left at home or would have never been purchased. Heck the only reason I got it in the first place was because my carrier was going to change my plan if I didn't renew again and since the G3 is a nice phone I should be able to sell it for a decent price if I ever cross that bridge.

For now I'll keep using my Z30 as my everyday phone until the Passport comes out and then if they update the Z30 I'll get that when it's released.

Posted via CB10
    Google camera
    It's available to most android phones and brings kit Kat features

Posted via CrackBerry App
    08-16-14 07:17 PM
    I was reluctant to say this, but it was exactly my thought. I didn't want to insult fans of Android based handsets or start an argument, but TO ME, the Android experience feels disjointed compared to the smooth flow on my Z30. I don't expect others to agree, and some might argue that I am just more used to my BB - and that's certainly true - but I've played around somewhat significantly with a number of Android devices and just do not feel the same smooth flow. I can't seem to warm up to Android. That being said, if BlackBerry disappeared, the G3 is probably what I would settle for. Can't stand iPhones.
    Riaan Smit and lift like this.
    08-16-14 07:37 PM
    I think that I like the larger screen better. I had an S3 before I went to my Q10. I love the keyboard but after 6 months of having this phone, I'm kind of missing what I sacrificed to have this keyboard. And not to mention the capabilities Android has with their app selection, particularly in the photo editing department. G3 also has a better camera, for sure.

Posted via CB10
    I think if you're talking about photo editing, photogrid is one of the most popular.
    And this android app works great on my phone.
    Though I used picsart before, I tend to use photogrid more due to options of saving the edited pics in all 2mb glory.
    Good enough for me.
    And oh yeah, I'm using Z30.
    The best when you consider running android apps on full screen.

LG G3 is awfully tempting...-img_20140817_085107.png

With due diligence from my Astro on Z30STA100-2/10.2.2.1531
    08-16-14 08:02 PM
    I was reluctant to say this, but it was exactly my thought. I didn't want to insult fans of Android based handsets or start an argument, but TO ME, the Android experience feels disjointed compared to the smooth flow on my Z30. I don't expect others to agree, and some might argue that I am just more used to my BB - and that's certainly true - but I've played around somewhat significantly with a number of Android devices and just do not feel the same smooth flow. I can't seem to warm up to Android. That being said, if BlackBerry disappeared, the G3 is probably what I would settle for. Can't stand iPhones.
    I can understand what you're saying. It took me 3 tries before I warmed up to Android. It's a different feel. Neither is better, just different.

Sent from my N5
    08-16-14 08:23 PM
    I am tempted by the G3 when my upgrade is up at the end of this year. However, if BlackBerry bring out a decent upgrade for my Z10, the rumoured Z20, then this might be put on hold if the Z20 ticks all the boxes for me. If not then it may be a G3 I might migrate to.

Z10.......er......BlackDroid in action!
    08-16-14 08:28 PM
    Only thing I can advise the OP is to actually play with your Androif of choice it you can..... amazing to me how many people buy a smartphone without doing enough research.... remember. all smartphones basically do the same thing... abeit differently... just a matter of figuring out what works for you... lots of choices out there.... as you are fairly vague about what exactly Android does over BB I cannot comment furhter...
    rcsgolf likes this.
    08-16-14 08:40 PM
    I went for a sony z2 a few months back when my contract was up... well I was back on my z10 after about 2 weeks.

The sony was a great phone but the android operating system is not for me any more, since using BB10

I have prevouisly had an iphone 4 and galaxy note.. but the functionality of BB10 is a far superior to any other OS on the market

Posted via CB10
    cman5 and lift like this.
    08-17-14 01:31 AM
    Stock roms are cr@p and full of bloat ware and poor attempts at covering all the basis...

Custom rom it and enjoy ph...

Then when you get tired, try another custom rom ^^

Z10STL100-2/10.2.2.1531
    08-17-14 01:37 AM
    Personally, I have found ways that I can streamline my app usage. I had decided to get me a classic and an iPad.

This will start me in my 2015 journey. I can use my classic for the 90% of the time I need to use a phone for and be 100% efficient at it.

Photo editing? Use a tablet. So is doing other things like invoicing, processing payments etc.

I don't need a device to rule them all. I need a device with features I can not live without, and that's hub, notifications LED.

Sent from 2AD743B7 via Tapatalk Pro
    08-17-14 03:22 AM
    Personally speaking I think it is the currently best available smartphone. That being said this bad boxy lags from the get go so some changes are needed:

- root and uninstall all the bloatware
    - under developer settings choose 2d rendering

The problem for me still is the size it's very hard to handle with one hand. Also I would wait for the version with the Snapdragon 805, QHD displays really benefit from the power (lg g3 cat, 6)

As for swiftkey I prefer swype because the predictions seem to be better and it's not so overblown.

In terms of communication nothing beats an OS 7 with the fonware apps,bebuzz crunchsms and the great notes app. So my advice would be to use both

Sent from my BlackBerry
    08-17-14 03:43 AM
    G3 has its own advantages. I have tried the phone of my friend. I am sure that I will never go for this phone . I'm am very satisfied with my BlackBerry Z30.

From my Z30 Device using 10.3.0.296.
    08-17-14 07:13 AM
    I think you should get the z30. Android get so boring for me personally. Nothing to the OS at all, just left, right, left, right. The hub is something that I would miss for sure. Being able to check the hub with just one gesture at any time is just so awesome compared to hitting a home button.

Port apps over on the z30 and wait for the amazon deal to be complete.

Posted via CB10
    08-17-14 09:59 AM
    After 3 weeks with the g3 the wife has my z10. Z30 was never an option due to amoled. If blackberry comes out with a full touch high end I'll be back but the g3 rooted works very well.

Posted via CrackBerry App
    08-17-14 11:45 AM
    just get whichever phone you feel most excited about, dont feel guilty for leaving or sticking with something out of loyalty.if you really like the G3 go try it out at a store or borrow one from a friend then buy one & trial it with a return period and see how you go with it and if you dont like it go for the BlackBerry and feel good that you gave something a fair try instead of playing it safe and always wondering.

if you do get the G3 i recommend the Android L stock keyboard or swiftkey, you can download the L keyboard from the dev forum xdadevelopers or wait for the official release if youre not comfortable with that
    anon(5597702) likes this.
    08-17-14 11:49 AM
    Personally, I have found ways that I can streamline my app usage. I had decided to get me a classic and an iPad.

This will start me in my 2015 journey. I can use my classic for the 90% of the time I need to use a phone for and be 100% efficient at it.

Photo editing? Use a tablet. So is doing other things like invoicing, processing payments etc.

I don't need a device to rule them all. I need a device with features I can not live without, and that's hub, notifications LED.

Sent from 2AD743B7 via Tapatalk Pro
    How did you live without the Hub before it existed?

We can live without just about anything. We end up using what we find works for us and is comfortable.

Q10, N5, N10.
    08-17-14 03:27 PM
67 123