Newbie here!
    I have a new bold - at the bottom far left is a message folder where all messages come in, is that the level 1? What's the purpose? I guess it seems annoying that a notification star shows up for the level 1 plus my email folder right beside it.
    07-03-09 07:52 PM
    I don't have a Bold and I'm not sure what you are describing. Level 1 is a way of assigning an alert to a message type that predates the current system of tones and alerts that can be assigned to specific contacts. There is not a specific folder for Level 1 Messages.

In Messages / Options / General Options, enable the option to "Make PIN Messages Level 1" then send a PIN to yourself. You'll be able to see how Level 1 messages are distinguished.
    07-03-09 08:42 PM
    Can you assign level 1 to a specific contact or is it only for PIN? Because I only see 'make pin level 1'

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    07-03-09 10:49 PM
    Can you assign level 1 to a specific contact or is it only for PIN? Because I only see 'make pin level 1'

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    You can use filtering on an email address to make messages from that address level 1.
    In Messages, highlight but don't click an email from a person.
    Menu/Filter Sender
    Name the filter: Patrick, for example.
    Leave everything else unchecked.
    Action: Forward
    Then check "Forward with level 1 notification."
    Taken from this thread...

http://forums.crackberry.com/f2/leve...uestion-46223/
    07-03-09 11:11 PM
    i have tht folder too and at times it is somewht annoying bt i hv noticed tht my 'service' mails or txts will go in to tht folder if i cant find thm in the sms/txt folder
    07-04-09 06:08 AM
    My model doesn't have that filter option when hitting the menu button on a specific contact BUT...I went into my email/ menu/ options/ email filters/ To & BBC Default/ Edit/ in the From field/ Menu/ Select Name/ picked addy from contact list / under Action: selected fwd w/ level 1 notif/ and saved all my changes. Then I went to my profiles and set the Level 1 messages to vibrate and it's not working. What step am I missing?
    09-28-09 11:26 AM
    Newbie here!
    I have a new bold - at the bottom far left is a message folder where all messages come in, is that the level 1? What's the purpose? I guess it seems annoying that a notification star shows up for the level 1 plus my email folder right beside it.
    I think that's just the messages folder, which is redundant if you receive all your emails and sms/mms in separate folders. All messages from all sources are dumped into this folder. Mine is hidden because I don't use it.
    09-28-09 12:11 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD