Another thing that is a must is great battery life. The Passport needs to be as good as my Q10. That will be important to me.

Posted via the CrackBerry App for Android
    For those of us with Z10's, we have no worries about that lol. I'm almost blindly gonna upgrade because of the 3450 mAh battery lol

Posted via CB10
    AbAll87 likes this.
    09-23-14 02:38 PM
    To keep up with the great posts, there's a buzz in the air as we sit on the Eve of the launch party.
    The #blackberrypassport is already doing well on twitter.

Let's talk Passport-img_20140923_162512.png

I know that this isn't overly relevant in this thread, but it's some good news.

Posted via CB10
    AbAll87 likes this.
    09-23-14 03:30 PM
    But you have see where you are, location matters

Posted via CB10
    09-23-14 03:50 PM
    I'm using a Z30 currently. I had the screen cut off issue when I had my Q10 as well with a couple apps. That was in the 10.2 days. Currently running 10.3 but I don't think that has anything to with the screen getting cut off.

Z30 on AT&T
    09-23-14 03:53 PM
    Passport is using Snapdragon 800 while Note 4 is using Snapdragon 805, latest chip that start shipping this month.

Basically, in term of devices shipping timelines
    Snapdragon 800 - 2Q/3Q 2013
    Snapdragon 801 - end of 2013/beginning 2014
    Snapdragon 805 - 3Q 2014

What it does show is that BBRY is no longer a tier-1 customer and it will take them longer to ship a new SOC in their device than other tier-1 device customer, such as Samsung, LG, Sony, Motorola and HTC. But it is definitely the best one to date in BB10 device family.
    Thanks for the info, I always wonder how things work, on how to get access to processors and such!

I wasn't bashing the passport because they are behind, I was just answering his post lol...
    I really believe it would have been unnecessary to get the 805 regardless
    09-23-14 07:44 PM
    Passport is using Snapdragon 800 while Note 4 is using Snapdragon 805, latest chip that start shipping this month.

Basically, in term of devices shipping timelines
    Snapdragon 800 - 2Q/3Q 2013
    Snapdragon 801 - end of 2013/beginning 2014
    Snapdragon 805 - 3Q 2014

What it does show is that BBRY is no longer a tier-1 customer and it will take them longer to ship a new SOC in their device than other tier-1 device customer, such as Samsung, LG, Sony, Motorola and HTC. But it is definitely the best one to date in BB10 device family.
    The Passport uses a modified 801.

Posted via CB10
    09-26-14 01:50 PM
    First day w my Passport coming from a Z10 user. I love it! Awkward to use at first but it gets better. First day using It.

Camera test:

..I suppose CB not taking my attachment!
    09-26-14 01:54 PM
    Hi All, I am using the passport since yesterday. Little awkward to use initially owing to the big size after being used to Z30 and Z10 phone before. My comments about the device is as below :
    1. Typing speed as compared to Z30 is less. This is due to big size of the device and physical keyboard. But after practice it will be normal.
    2. Battery life better than Z30. It lasted full day.
    3. OS 10.3.0.1052 is OK but NOT stable. Updates by BlackBerry may be coming soon.
    4. Viewing word files, Excel files, Maps is a big BIG advantage!!!! From professional point of view this is very helpful. I don't need to open the attachments on my laptop now.
    5. BlackBerry Blend App is too good.
    6. BlackBerry must launch accessories for this device asap.

Overall, Passport has delivered what it promised. I have not used any other smartphone in the past. This device though very good but is not a replacement of all touch devices. Passport i can say is here to stay for longtime.

Posted via CB10
    zocster likes this.
    09-26-14 02:39 PM
    Thanks for your review! You will get used to it I am sure. It is how you learn to hold the device.

Sent from my Q10 using Tapatalk
    IndianTiwari likes this.
    09-26-14 02:45 PM
    @deedeebird - go into BlackBerry settings - security and privacy- application permission -CB app and allow for file sharing.

Posted via CB10
    09-26-14 03:01 PM
    I read a comment a very long time ago that I found very interesting and I think should be discussed. FB and Instagram are one of the most widely used apps. The passport has a 1:1 screen ratio. Both Facebook and Instagram display pictures/videos in a 1:1 ratio. Won't the passport be the most ideal for taking pics/video and uploading in these apps??? Won't it's users find it much more appealing when using such apps?? If so. I think this may be a boost to those who end up using the passport. Or am I wrong and having a 1:1 ratio actually make it unappealing when using these apps???

Posted via CB10
    In many ways the Passport is killer for Facebook and Instagram because of this. It's true that you can see a very large square for the images as they scroll by in very huge size. However the apps do need a little tweaking. For example, with Instagram this means you can't really see the entire image at once because the top borders and bottom camera function toolbelt obscures the image even in zoomed out mode. So just imagine not seeing about a centimeter of the image at any given moment. Ideally the apps will have the disappearing menu bars like what happens in some apps now.

Also, the experience is a bit odd when you see the image but no comments below it and have to scroll to them. With the vertical rectangular phones, you can see the image and some of the like and comment information, and depending on the situation perhaps even the next image post.

Posted via CB10
    09-26-14 03:31 PM
    Thanks for your review! You will get used to it I am sure. It is how you learn to hold the device.

Sent from my Q10 using Tapatalk
    Thanks Bro.

Posted via CB10
    09-26-14 03:32 PM
    Working on day two with mine. Love it. Takes a bit to get used to but you will pick it up very quickly. Battery life has been outstanding and this screen is amazing! Big step up from the Z30! Don't understand why they have some bad reviews.

Passport on AT&T
    09-26-14 04:05 PM
    Thanks madcat72!

Amazing camera!

Let's talk Passport-img_20140926_105623.jpg

Posted via CB10
    09-26-14 10:50 PM
    Working on day two with mine. Love it. Takes a bit to get used to but you will pick it up very quickly. Battery life has been outstanding and this screen is amazing! Big step up from the Z30! Don't understand why they have some bad reviews.

Passport on AT&T
    Mine is working extremely well. Bit awkward initially but now perfect. I have only one issue BlackBerry must introduce accessories for this beautiful device. I am not bothered what critics are saying. Let's enjoy the innovation.

Posted via CB10
    09-26-14 11:02 PM
    Also if I decide to keep the Z30 which has a micro sim card, and I purchase the passport, will I be able to go back to my Z30? .....cause the passport has a nano sim...will it be straight forward??

Posted via CB10
    09-27-14 07:29 AM
    Also if I decide to keep the Z30 which has a micro sim card, and I purchase the passport, will I be able to go back to my Z30? .....cause the passport has a nano sim...will it be straight forward??

Posted via CB10
    You can buy a cheap plastic adapter.

Posted via CB10
    09-27-14 09:38 AM
    Passport requires a nano SIM card, not the micro SIM we use in Z30 and Z10.

Poetry in Motion
    09-27-14 09:55 AM

Posted via CB10
    Frustrating. I was told no. Would have to have separate line for Z30 because two SIMS are active unless the adapter option works. And I know nothing about the adapter.

Poetry in Motion
    09-27-14 09:58 AM
    As someone involved with Safety and Health OSHA I saw some a great app on launch day which basically did a lot of the risk management work which is quite tedious and send back results to the server etc....I also teach Safety and Health at one of our local colleges also, so it will my go to analysis device, as well as my class preparation device,as well as my lecture tool for ppt and other presentations. Games can be played on an iPad mini. But I loving what I've seen so far of the Passport.

Posted via CrackBerry App
    09-27-14 10:30 AM
    I received my Passport yesterday and absolutely love the device. I had the Z10, and have had no problems adapting to the new device, awesome screen, keyboard Is great and adaptive text is amazing. 10 out of 10!

Posted via CB10
    deedeebird and Rami Bachar like this.
    09-27-14 10:32 AM
46 12