I had the Droid for 3 months before the BB and this is the biggest thing I believe BB is missing.

I D/L'd the life in pocket app and see it as just arrows with no map, but if I'm not mistaking, I pressed something in google maps to make the blue arrow move along the map with my car. I understand what the app developers said here, but for a long trip, is the nav app dependable in using with google maps?

It's hard to believe this phone doesn't offer nav considering how long it's been around for, but what can we do? BB maps is terrible IMO and takes so long to load that I don't plan on using them at all.

I do have vzw navigator which I haven't used yet either, but I don't expect much from that app either.
    05-24-10 02:18 PM
    BE CAREFUL W/VZNAV!! As soon as you use it once, you are billed for it. Deleting the application does not stop billing. I believe it is $5 a day or $20 per month. I dl and love Garmin Mobile for $70 lifetime. I hope and pray if there ever is an S3 (yeah I hear all sorts of things - I'll believe it when I see video) that Garmin, Tether and Docs to go still work. $180 between the 3 of them. Otherwise I would need to sell the device at a premium.
    05-24-10 02:27 PM
    Thanks for the tip about vzw nav, I'm not surprised.

I know where I am driving most of the time so it's not a huge issue, but in today's smart phone world, a nav app is mainstream and most times free.

I see many pay apps in the BB marketplace whuch are free with android and being google it will lead the market with free abilities.

The pay apps for BB all seem to have gps capabilities which in nav are needed which are mostly free with other platforms, but I am bummed that I can't buy a nav app that is any good for a small fee
    05-24-10 03:15 PM
28 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD