para antenna! camera not stick out, no glass back, BB logo in the front - laser marking back lid with low light, and better design on hardware - make it stand out from the slap, add metallic color if necessary, or tone on tone (polish and matt finishing or interwoven carbon fiber backing?). and yes, good audio - cover near full spectrum, low and high end - use minimum 2 or 3 speakers if in need, and multi color LED (or better, edge lid using light pipe... what ever, make it stand out from the sheep--- make it FLAGship... wave the flag to tell everyone - LOOK AT ME, I GOT A BB- don't you dare to steal it... it will brick, it will broadcase your location, it will call up AR mob...?). that is what I want ;-) Not much.
    12-22-16 01:19 PM
    Passport form-factor is not permitted on Android due to 1:1 screen ratio.
    Can you explain this a bit more? Thanks
    12-22-16 02:06 PM
    Can you explain this a bit more? Thanks
    Play Services guideline defines minimum ratio of the screen must be at least 4:3. So no square screens 1:1 allowed.
    conite, KemKev and stlabrat like this.
    12-22-16 02:09 PM
    Big square screen like the Passports is great for email, web browsing and office documents. Not so great for video, and video is what is driving these "allowed" requirements.
    KemKev likes this.
    12-22-16 02:14 PM
    I demand they tell BlackBerry they need more software akin to what made BlackBerry 10 great lol. Start with a customer facing file manager, so people stop asking about it and a revamped Blend.
    12-22-16 05:10 PM
    I demand they tell BlackBerry they need more software akin to what made BlackBerry 10 great lol. Start with a customer facing file manager, so people stop asking about it and a revamped Blend.
    Black Hub! Black Hub! Black Hub!
    stlabrat, JG_Agustin and jorgkbzas like this.
    12-22-16 05:24 PM
    Wonder how much it would cost to slap the name "BlackBerry Productivity Security Snappy Hypervisor Tools Not Toys File Manager" onto Solid Explorer.
    12-22-16 05:50 PM
    Wonder how much it would cost to slap the name "BlackBerry Productivity Security Snappy Hypervisor Tools Not Toys File Manager" onto Solid Explorer.
    Solid Explorer - BPSSHTNTFM ed.
    12-22-16 05:57 PM
    TCL, I demand you make a phone I actually want.

Go!
    jorgkbzas likes this.
    12-22-16 07:23 PM
    Wow, it takes an event like this to get the screwballs from the inner circle to come out???
    12-23-16 02:17 AM
    Lol demands. I'm sure TCL is interested in the demands from a tiny group of people whose platform of choice is dying. They could care less what your demands are. They'd like to reach a large audience, not cater to a small group who thinks they know what is best because they liked BB10.
    So they could care less? That means they care quite a lot right?

Posted via CB10
    12-23-16 06:23 AM
    So they could care less? That means they care quite a lot right?

Posted via CB10
    Well done. Couldn't care less.
    12-23-16 06:50 AM
    Well done. Couldn't care less.
    but you can dream more! life is full of regret look back, agonizing what BB possibly could be if Canadian Gov not block the purchasing of Nortel asset, what if z10 just beef up a bit more RAM at 1st... "The un-doing project" of its own... Still wondering why with all the talent on this board, no body actually made "Angry bird", "pokemon go"... it is in grained in BB app develop group for business only.. even BB10 was intend for "everybody"? Or is it the BB so famous for business, the user can not associated it as entertaining phone for the kids? (I can see that, you can't really hand over your business phone to your baby, just in case he but dail to CEO...). endless what ifs. Near death experience of apple and BB are so strikingly similar... scary.
    12-23-16 08:04 AM
    Dual boot Os choice BB10 or droid.

Posted via CB10
    jorgkbzas likes this.
    12-23-16 08:07 AM
    I don't expect anything really from TCL to make me want to spend my money, just a bunch of typical Chinese android devices. Only way Blackberry will get my money is if they offer a non android auto-loader for current/future devices. I would gladly pay for a non android OS on top of paying for a device. Its pretty much the premium you pay when purchasing an iOS device.
    12-23-16 08:13 AM
    I don't expect anything really from TCL to make me want to spend my money
    Good. If that crowd that keeps grinding over BB10 doesn't want it, they're doing something right.

No use appealing to the same 0.1% market share.
    12-23-16 08:29 AM
    Dual boot Os choice BB10 or droid.

Posted via CB10
    make back droid door for BB10? no! Integrated OS of BB7 and BB10 ;-) - overlay on screen only... two data path.
    12-23-16 08:37 AM
    Good. If that crowd that keeps grinding over BB10 doesn't want it, they're doing something right.

No use appealing to the same 0.1% market share.
    Funny because with Android on their new devices they continue to lose marketshare. That .1% represents the BB brand in whole. Who cares if the Android community enjoys 80% marketshare when you cant even sell a device with the most popular OS in the world.
    The potential sales of a non Android device are without a doubt much greater than what they have achieved so far. Blackberry just did it soo wrong that they almost failed on purpose.
    jorgkbzas likes this.
    12-23-16 08:59 AM
    Funny because with Android on their new devices they continue to lose marketshare. That .1% represents the BB brand in whole. Who cares if the Android community enjoys 80% marketshare when you cant even sell a device with the most popular OS in the world.
    The potential sales of a non Android device are without a doubt much greater than what they have achieved so far. Blackberry just did it soo wrong that they almost failed on purpose.
    I don't ever recall any market share data posted specifically just for the BlackBerry Android, but the fact is the 0.1% figure only represents BlackBerry's own OS.

So this is just like all that baseless bullcrap fantasy you always post.
    12-23-16 09:22 AM
    I don't ever recall any market share data posted specifically just for the BlackBerry Android, but the fact is the 0.1% figure only represents BlackBerry's own OS.

So this is just like all that baseless bullcrap fantasy you always post.
    Really now? You resort to belligerence because you don't agree with me?

So what makes you think they have improved their market share in any way shape or form? The sales figures..... If the latest statistics reported Q1 or so 2016 show that Blackberry OS including BB10 and BBOS were at .1% marketshare and sales have DECLINED.... what does that mean in the end?
    12-23-16 09:37 AM
    Really now? You resort to belligerence because you don't agree with me?
    You made a statement, but have nothing to back it up. Simple as that.

Not even relevant that if I agree or not.
    12-23-16 09:39 AM
    You made a statement, but have nothing to back it up. Simple as that.

Not even relevant that if I agree or not.
    What do i need to provide backup for? You have a source to disprove my statement? You can easily look at the available sales figures and come to the same conclusion yourself that they have been unable to improve their market share. The fact that you are even arguing this is ridiculous.
    12-23-16 09:48 AM
    Well if you're thinking there is a market for a non Android powered device..... But BlackBerry isn't alone in failing to capture that unicorn of a market, Windows, MeeGo, WebOS, Bada, Tizen, Gecko, Firefox, Ubuntu, Sailfish, Tizen, Amazon, BlackPhone...

Simple truth is it's hard to compete against an OS that is FREE, and one that has had a head start of YEARS to cultivate a following of developers and other 3rd parties along with a massive user base. The battle for the smartphone OS was really fought back in 2007 - 2010. Everyone that has tried to jump in after that point was just too late. Many of these OS are actually very good, it just that without easy access to the apps that are common today... they really aren't viable. And you don't get those apps at this point without a large user base.

BlackBerry's mistake was waiting too long....
    TgeekB and StephanieMaks like this.
    12-23-16 09:51 AM
    Well if you're thinking there is a market for a non Android powered device..... But BlackBerry isn't alone in failing to capture that unicorn of a market, Windows, MeeGo, WebOS, Bada, Tizen, Gecko, Firefox, Ubuntu, Sailfish, Tizen, Amazon, BlackPhone...

Simple truth is it's hard to compete against an OS that is FREE, and one that has had a head start of YEARS to cultivate a following of developers and other 3rd parties along with a massive user base. The battle for the smartphone OS was really fought back in 2007 - 2010. Everyone that has tried to jump in after that point was just too late. Many of these OS are actually very good, it just that without easy access to the apps that are common today... they really aren't viable. And you don't get those apps at this point without a large user base.

BlackBerry's mistake was waiting too long....
    I agree with the fact that there isn't anywhere near a significant market for it. But 2-3% market share is a pretty significant figure in a 2.1 billion device forecast for a properly sized company. As the pie gets bigger, even the smallest slice can feed you.
    12-23-16 09:59 AM
    Removeable battery, size like the Q10 or Z30, 4row qwerty keyboard-touch like on the priv, toolbelt like on the classic. Implement the 3 android function keys into the existing BB Toolbelt. That would be great!!!

#soon, later, later this year, fiscal year, commitment,...blablabla ~J.BlaBla Chen
    jorgkbzas likes this.
    12-23-16 10:03 AM
79 1234