Well as Marketing has become a BIG topic now a days when it come to RIM.
    I wanted to try this and see what ideas do you guys have in mind with the little we've seen from BB10.

mine idea i think would be as bad as RIM marketing team efforts but at least I would show off the device (thing that they are not doing a lot)

Try to picture this:
    3 friends, family, 2 couple or whatever small group of people you can imagine are on a vacation trip, in front of a monument and they want to take a picture, but oh! train is coming (they decided to use the train just to live the excitement of the city) they rush it take the pic and while on the train they see some of them were not on the best position, they use the back and forward feature (sorry don't know the name) and make it a perfect pic, GET THINGS DONE WITH BLACKBERRY.

come on jump in and throw some ideas.
    05-11-12 05:12 PM
    On the apps made available on the other platforms, the feature is called, "Rewind".

I'm in favor of almost any idea that shows some unique capability that the BB enables the consumer to do. Anything that answers the question, why choose a BB, is on the mark. Stay far away from insulting the people who don't yet use your product. Those are the people you want to like you.
    05-11-12 05:23 PM
    I'm with you, RIM shouldn't tell the users of other platform that they are wrong minded just cuz they use this or that device, show them another option, a competitive one.
    05-12-12 08:58 AM
    I'm sure RIM isn't disrespecting anyone by telling the world that BlackBerry is for people in business.

Business: BlackBerry People do; others, well they just don't.

Getting back to the OP, your idea is cool. Apple markets the iPhone camera by demonstrating how you can fix the red-eyes effect on a photo... and we all know there are apps for all these things on all platforms.
    kbz1960 likes this.
    05-12-12 09:12 AM
    I'm sure RIM isn't disrespecting anyone by telling the world that BlackBerry is for people in business.

BlackBerry People do; others, well they just don't.
    Can't imagine how that could be seen as disrespectful.
    pantlesspenguin likes this.
    05-12-12 09:21 AM
    Can't imagine how that could be seen as disrespectful.
    That's called "manipulation", not disrespect. Perhaps, you got offended though.
    05-12-12 09:29 AM
    I am a fan of how RIM in the UK is doing their adverts, they are comical and get the message of Doers vs viewers.

If I was going to do an advert,

I'd show 4 friends, 3 BB users 1 generic slab, they'd be hanging out and all go their separate ways, the 3 BB users would be BBMing eachother and meet back up later that night, the other guy they'd show sitting on his couch watching TV, the group of 3 one would say "where's Tim?" and one of the other would say! " oh ya he isn't on BBM I'll text him next time"
    Then they go about their fun.

Another ad would be a sales team, working with an Engineering team within BBM groups, sending a picture everyone commenting on it within the group, and the sales guy closing the sale on the spot because he could get the answers faster
    Last edited by deRusett; 05-12-12 at 09:55 AM.
    kemj likes this.
    05-12-12 09:40 AM
    That's called "manipulation", not disrespect. Perhaps, you got offended though.
    You didn't bash RIM in your post, of course he was offended
    kemj likes this.
    05-12-12 09:42 AM
    You didn't bash RIM in your post, of course he was offended
    More like it kinda copies Apple's tag "If you don't have an iPhone, you don't have an iPhone." Knowing Apple they'd prolly try to sue RIM for an add like that . I keed, I keed.

I've posted a couple ideas for BB ads. I'm to lazy to type them out again though lol. I'll see if I can dig them up.
    05-12-12 09:54 AM
    More like it kinda copies Apple's tag "If you don't have an iPhone, you don't have an iPhone."
    If only it were, no one would be complaining. The iPhone line is all about the product and unique features. I'm still waiting on RIM to produce an ad like that. I'm left rather cold by the current campaign of insulting the buyer rather than talking about how great your product is. It is a little like the trend around here to insult the person rather than address the content of the post.
    05-12-12 10:05 AM
    For adults:

A guy is walking along the street getting increasingly frustrated at his old blackberry. He's cursing at the spinning clock, truncated emails, tiny screen, etc (this would show RIM is aware of their past shortcomings). After he's had enough he passes by a phone retailer. He walks in and the sales associate sees the blackberry in his hand. He smiles and says "I have the perfect phone for you." He leads the guy to the counter and pulls out a BB10 device. He quickly runs through all the new features and functions of the phone, showing off its raw power and multitasking ability. With his eyes glossed over, obviously impressed, the guy says he's sold and asks what kind of machine this is. The sales associate smirks, turns the phone over, and shows him the blackberry logo. It could end with a tagline EVERYONE can relate to, like "The BOLD just got DARING."

For teens:

It's a large concert venue, and a girl with a blackberry is walking in with some friends. They all have their mobile devices out, texting and what not. As they walk in, they come to a kiosk. An event worker motions to the girl with a blackberry and tells her they're giving away a big prize for one lucky blackberry owner, and asks her to write down her PIN for the raffle. She's eager to get inside and rolls her eyes, but writes down her PIN anyway. The group goes in and finds their seats, and suddenly the girl gets a BBM message saying "Hey, crazy concert, huh? Stick around after the show. You'llknow who I am, I'm wearing a black shirt and red cap. Gotta go now." Right then the lights go down, and Justin Bieber comes on stage...wearing a black shirt and red cap. He singles the girl out of the crowd and gives her a knowing wink as he starts singing. The girl,mouth agape, motions to her friends to look at her phone. They see the message from Justin and get all excited, and then look down to their non-bb devices with dismay.
    05-12-12 10:16 AM
    For adults:

A guy is walking along the street getting increasingly frustrated at his old blackberry. He's cursing at the spinning clock, truncated emails, tiny screen, etc (this would show RIM is aware of their past shortcomings). After he's had enough he passes by a phone retailer. He walks in and the sales associate sees the blackberry in his hand. He smiles and says "I have the perfect phone for you." He leads the guy to the counter and pulls out a BB10 device. He quickly runs through all the new features and functions of the phone, showing off its raw power and multitasking ability. With his eyes glossed over, obviously impressed, the guy says he's sold and asks what kind of machine this is. The sales associate smirks, turns the phone over, and shows him the blackberry logo. It could end with a tagline EVERYONE can relate to, like "The BOLD just got DARING."

For teens:

It's a large concert venue, and a girl with a blackberry is walking in with some friends. They all have their mobile devices out, texting and what not. As they walk in, they come to a kiosk. An event worker motions to the girl with a blackberry and tells her they're giving away a big prize for one lucky blackberry owner, and asks her to write down her PIN for the raffle. She's eager to get inside and rolls her eyes, but writes down her PIN anyway. The group goes in and finds their seats, and suddenly the girl gets a BBM message saying "Hey, crazy concert, huh? Stick around after the show. You'llknow who I am, I'm wearing a black shirt and red cap. Gotta go now." Right then the lights go down, and Justin Bieber comes on stage...wearing a black shirt and red cap. He singles the girl out of the crowd and gives her a knowing wink as he starts singing. The girl,mouth agape, motions to her friends to look at her phone. They see the message from Justin and get all excited, and then look down to their non-bb devices with dismay.

I like them

But the bottom one should have been Add to BBM with NFC, to promote the other features of RIM, so she gets a BBM contact that says "Contest"
    05-12-12 10:26 AM
    What is amazing about marketing at some companies is they can sell some abstract thing such as car or homeowners insurance and have commercials that stick with you. Just look at Geico, Allstate, State Farm, Progressive, etc. They are all selling something boring and abstract- INSURANCE!!!

RIM is selling mobile devices and cannot seem to get their message across or market their devices to the extent that makes them at all fun or interesting. The solution? Maybe RIM should hire some of these people making great ads that sell the boring item that is insurance...
    05-12-12 10:28 AM
    For adults:

For teens:

Cool Liked both, specially RIM acknowledging the past.
    05-12-12 12:00 PM
    I was thinking the narrator talking and showing visuals relating to whatever he's saying, something along the lines of (this is for the NA market):

Technology as we know it eventually gets old and dies. But what happens when there's a rebirth. Like a Phoenix from its ashes, rises for a brand new beginning. The concenpt of destroy and rebuild. Destroy the old, and rebuild with something greater in place. Carrying on a legacy. Everything you love, made even better. A rebirth of a product, a rebirth of perspective, a rebirth of a brand.

Then it goes on to show a sexy looking BB10 device. And under it, Blackberry 10, "Start of Something New."

Well something along those lines.

It might not be showing BB10's features. But it'll tell people to take a look at BB again. See what's different.
    05-12-12 12:23 PM
    I especially like pantlesspenguin's top one. Very creative!
    05-12-12 12:41 PM
    I was thinking the narrator talking and showing visuals relating to whatever he's saying, something along the lines of (this is for the NA market):

Technology as we know it eventually gets old and dies. But what happens when there's a rebirth. Like a Phoenix from its ashes, rises for a brand new beginning. The concenpt of destroy and rebuild. Destroy the old, and rebuild with something greater in place. Carrying on a legacy. Everything you love, made even better. A rebirth of a product, a rebirth of perspective, a rebirth of a brand.

Then it goes on to show a sexy looking BB10 device. And under it, Blackberry 10, "Start of Something New."

It might not be showing BB10's features. But it'll tell people to take a look at BB again. See what's different.
    That's called a "teaser" ad. I'm sure they will being doing plenty of that, but it's too soon right now. They have to find a way to sell what they have, not suffer anymore BB7 hardware write-offs, and keep people interested in the brand.
    05-12-12 12:47 PM

It would also be cool if lines from media praise would show on the screen. And really, if BB10 truly delivers I bet media outlets that have bashed RIM in the past would eat their words. It would be great to get quotes like:

"Biggest game changer since the iPhone"

"This isn't your daddy's BlackBerry"

"RIM is back and better than ever"

"Unexpected technological masterpiece"

Etc
    05-12-12 07:25 PM
    Well as Marketing has become a BIG topic now a days when it come to RIM.
    I wanted to try this and see what ideas do you guys have in mind with the little we've seen from BB10.

mine idea i think would be as bad as RIM marketing team efforts but at least I would show off the device (thing that they are not doing a lot)

Try to picture this:
    3 friends, family, 2 couple or whatever small group of people you can imagine are on a vacation trip, in front of a monument and they want to take a picture, but oh! train is coming (they decided to use the train just to live the excitement of the city) they rush it take the pic and while on the train they see some of them were not on the best position, they use the back and forward feature (sorry don't know the name) and make it a perfect pic, GET THINGS DONE WITH BLACKBERRY.

come on jump in and throw some ideas.
    i like it .then maybe get the people to post it to a BBM group to show all their friends? BBM groups i think are not giv'n enough credit
    05-12-12 07:40 PM
    For adults:

For teens:

love the 1st one and agree with D.R. that an NFC tag and adding a BBM contact would be a good way to go . maybe they can show her going back stage and useing the new camera to "CAPTURE EVERY MOMENT." or something like that but more teenager-y LOL
    05-12-12 07:57 PM
    "This isn't your daddy's BlackBerry"
    LOL I like that one.
    05-12-12 08:08 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD