Am i an old fool, clinging to old solutions, or not?
    vote: like or don't like and i'll see what you think when i state the following statements:

I love my blackberry for three reasons
    Only BB has a HQ physical keyboard: i like the torch best!
    (i'd love a big screen with a tactile keyboard)

Only BB has optimal security: angela merkel is on bb now, quickly followed by her departments
    (somehow i trust a canadian company better on this than one from the us, korea or china)

I want to use my phone as an e-wallet: No fuss, no coins, get in and out trains, buy coffees, buy papers etc
    (same idea: i trust a canadian company better on my money than one from the us, korea or china)

So BB: Get on with it, rely on your old stubbornness: keep the keyboard, make security your issue and get on with e-wallet. NOW!

So the question remains: am i an old stubborn fool, or not?
    11-24-13 10:00 AM
    1. I loved my 9900's keyboard, and I'm happy with my Z10's virtual keyboard, With that said, I REALLY miss having a physical keyboard. Just the other day I was running to catch a bus while trying to send an important text. IT WAS SO HARD. I completely forgot how much I missed my kb. So I'm with you on the slider, just as long as it has a modern design with good build quality and is reasonably thin.

2. One of the main reasons I use a BB is because I know I can feel confident that all my information is safe and secure.

3. I actually enjoy using a real wallet, but I can see why one would want an e-wallet.
    11-24-13 10:38 AM
    1. I think a slider is incompatible with modern expectations for size, computing power, screen, etc. There just isn't space for it.

2. Merkel runs a very different set of software than what normal BB10 phones run. Buying an ordinary BB, even on BES, and expecting that level of security is a bit like buying a Renault from a dealership and expecting to win the F1 championship with it.

3. Absolutely can't wait to be able to use my phone as my wallet. However, I'm not judging solutions based on what country it happens to be from. Besides, the actual payments will come over Mastercard or Visa's networks anyway, and I'm sorry to tell you they aren't Canadian.

Sent from my Nexus 5 using Tapatalk
    11-24-13 11:21 AM
    2. If you're on a BES
    11-24-13 11:23 AM
    1. I think a slider is incompatible with modern expectations for size, computing power, screen, etc. There just isn't space for it.

2. Merkel runs a very different set of software than what normal BB10 phones run. Buying an ordinary BB, even on BES, and expecting that level of security is a bit like buying a Renault from a dealership and expecting to win the F1 championship with it.

3. Absolutely can't wait to be able to use my phone as my wallet. However, I'm not judging solutions based on what country it happens to be from. Besides, the actual payments will come over Mastercard or Visa's networks anyway, and I'm sorry to tell you they aren't Canadian.

Sent from my Nexus 5 using Tapatalk
    @1 I don't mind size, size is a fetish thing in all youtube comparisons, just as quantity of apps. My torch is small enough, could even big larger. My nikon DSLR is also very big and heavy. but i like it because it takes very hq pics.

@2 that is my point: i want to have that, not because i am a 'merkel' or an 'assasin', but because i am me. I am willing to pay for it.
    and i guess more people /companies are willing to.

@3 payments can/will go over other routes than solely MC or Visa...!(but for the USA?) Delivering sound e-wallet capability could be a gamechanger and the beginning of the end of 'the credit card'. The phone itself has to be secure though, to be trusted with my money, in order to achieve this new landscape.

i guess bb could deliver all three. easily.
    11-25-13 01:05 PM