EXCLUSIVE: Lenovo Could Make an Offer for BlackBerry as Early as This Week - BlackBerry (NASDAQ:BBRY), LENOVO GROUP LTD ADR (LNVGY) | Benzinga

"The source said Lenovo's first offer would be $15.00 per share, with a deal ultimately getting done around $18.00 per share."

What would make the Canadian govt not block it this time?

Posted via CB10
    mfreedmn97 likes this.
    10-18-14 09:09 PM
    Not sure what stopped the current government from selling BlackBerry to Lenovo, since they're pretty keen on selling the rest of the country to China...

Posted via CB10
    10-18-14 09:11 PM
    Interesting indeed, hope not though

Sent from my Passport using Tapatalk
    10-18-14 09:13 PM
    Maybe they just like keeping around tech companies in Canada while they struggle. Like a halfway house for tech companies... lol

Posted via CB10
    10-18-14 09:14 PM
    Go away, Lenovo.

You'll pick BBRY apart throw away the good bits.
    spike12 and danielrivers like this.
    10-18-14 09:18 PM
  6. world traveler and former ceo's Avatar
    Laughable offer even if it's true...

Under BlackBerry CEO Chen the upside for Blackberry is way higher...

From my Sold Out Awesome Passport
    Tokyo

Posted via CB10
    10-18-14 09:19 PM
    If the price is right, JC would probably go for it.

Posted from an ME173X
    10-18-14 09:31 PM
    What's Prem's breakeven? There's your answer.
    greenberry666 likes this.
    10-18-14 09:36 PM
    It would make sense for Lenovo to acquire BlackBerry. Lenovo is making a serious push into the business to enterprise space, Lenovo already supplies laptops to many major businesses and schools, they will soon be supplying servers as well. Supplying phones and enterprise software is one of the many next moves for the company.

If Chen can get $15-$18 a share he should definitely go for it. But I don't see how the Canadian government would change its position on the sale of BlackBerry to Lenovo.
    10-18-14 09:39 PM
    So 524 million outstanding shares (source: http://ca.blackberry.com/company/investors/faqs.html#11) @ $18 ea. That makes an approx $9.4 billion purchase.

Posted via CB10
    10-18-14 09:41 PM
    It would make sense for Lenovo to acquire BlackBerry. Lenovo is making a serious push into the business to enterprise space, Lenovo already supplies laptops to many major businesses and schools, they will soon be supplying servers as well. Supplying phones and enterprise software is one of the many next moves for the company.

If Chen can get $15-$18 a share he should definitely go for it. But I don't see how the Canadian government would change its position on the sale of BlackBerry to Lenovo.
    But didn't they just announce a partnership with Apple? Is this a way for Apple to get BlackBerry's enterprise attributes without publicly admitting they want them? Probably not, but since this is all just a rumor, why not?.. lol

Posted via CB10
    10-18-14 09:41 PM
    But didn't they just announce a partnership with Apple? Is this a way for Apple to get BlackBerry's enterprise attributes without publicly admitting they want them? Probably not, but since this is all just a rumor, why not?.. lol

Posted via CB10
    IBM and Apple announced a deal.

https://www.apple.com/newsroom/2014/...Mobility/#mn_p
    SirSti23 and AnimalPak200 like this.
    10-18-14 09:43 PM
    Ah you're right,.. sometimes I still dream about IBM making thinkpads.

Posted via CB10
    SirSti23 likes this.
    10-18-14 09:49 PM
    EXCLUSIVE: Lenovo Could Make an Offer for BlackBerry as Early as This Week - BlackBerry (NASDAQ:BBRY), LENOVO GROUP LTD ADR (LNVGY) | Benzinga

"The source said Lenovo's first offer would be $15.00 per share, with a deal ultimately getting done around $18.00 per share."

What would make the Canadian govt not block it this time?

Posted via CB10
    Won't happen. It would be blocked again. Nothing has changed so this is just a rumor and someone playing the market.
    AnimalPak200 likes this.
    10-18-14 09:52 PM
    They bought Motorola. I am not sure they would buy Blackberry. I think Canadian government will reject the bid.
    10-18-14 10:30 PM
    This is a joke rumor. Probably someone trying to play the market. BlackBerry would have no intrinsic value if it were bought by a Chinese company. This is laughably stupid.

Posted via CB10
    10-18-14 10:49 PM
    I just have to comment again as this rumor is so mind numbingly stupid. We are to believe that a lowly tech reporter making below minimum wage has a high up source at a Chinese hardware company. Not only that, but this source is willing to share Lenovo's entire hostile take over strategy with some dude off the street. Oh yeah, this makes sense.

If you want a more credible rumor, how about Lenovo dumping Android for BB10. That would at least make some business sense.

Posted via CB10
    10-18-14 11:19 PM
    Canada has already said no once last year when BB was for sale... now that they are not for sale unsure what would have changed to have the Canadian Government say yes this time... Election coming next year.... so government does not want to have any controversies... which a sale would be......also do not forget the DOD in the US and many other foreign government being heavily invested in BB for secure devices... cannot see them too happy with BB being bought buy a Chinese company.....
    10-18-14 11:26 PM
    Sounds silly. US would do everything it can to urge the deal to be blocked.

BB's are still the official phones of the DoD and high up Government Officials...the LAST country they want in control of that is China. They already have hardware backdoors in pretty much every internet connected electronic device we get from them, including most generic prepaid phones like the Huweui(sp) and Kyocera garbage.
    10-18-14 11:45 PM

BB's are still the official phones of the DoD and high up Government Officials...the LAST country they want in control of that is China. They already have hardware backdoors in pretty much every internet connected electronic device we get from them, including most generic prepaid phones like the Huweui(sp) and Kyocera garbage.
    But doesn't the U.S. Government do tons of business with IBM?
    10-18-14 11:52 PM
    It's absurd rumor. If Lenovo wants, it would give an offer when BlackBerry on sale last year. Under John Chen CEO, he will not sale for 15 - 18 dollars. He's been saying BlackBerry will be in the black some time next year.
    10-18-14 11:57 PM
    Agreed, no way JC will sell Blackberry for that little. Especially if we are speaking of Blackberry as a whole. Remember his reaction to the Whatsapp deal. I think he said he would sell BBM for $19B, so selling the entire company for $10B won't happen.
    10-19-14 12:22 AM
    Agreed, no way JC will sell Blackberry for that little. Especially if we are speaking of Blackberry as a whole. Remember his reaction to the Whatsapp deal. I think he said he would sell BBM for $19B, so selling the entire company for $10B won't happen.
    Come again? $19 Billion?
    10-19-14 12:29 AM

I agree. Remember that the US is heavily involved with BlackBerry and qnx for things like health services and even nasa. It would be in the best interest for a china brand to buy blackberry. The US has already accused china servers for hacking and even snooping into American companies

All I want for Christmas is a Passport
    10-19-14 12:54 AM
    It'd make more sense for Lenovo to just license the OS.
    10-19-14 01:19 AM
101 123 ...