So far I am not a fan of the microUSB charging socket. Even on Samsung Galaxy you have problems. The best cable I've used is HTC but even so, compared to Apple's 30 Pin and 10 Pin cables they are dreadful.

In the UK it was legislated a few years ago all phones were to come with the same charging kit (albeit iPhone which is weird) but I've had so many problems with the USB connector cutting out, giving different voltages it's really pissing me off.

Posted via CB10
    01-30-14 05:49 AM
    No UK law states that all phone except for Iphones need to have the same charging cable and why not? That's a great thing and environmentally friendly

Posted via CB10
    01-30-14 05:54 AM
    Apple 30 pin is ****. Micro USB far better.

Notice how apple got rid of the locking tabs?

Posted via CB10
    01-30-14 05:56 AM
    So Nook doesn't sell in the UK?

Posted via CB10
    01-30-14 05:57 AM
    Oh I thought it was legislated. Would make sense then, all companies supporting the one component with Apple refusing, probably because it came Samsung.

Posted via CB10
    01-30-14 05:58 AM
    But why is it blackberry 10 has a problem with the USB. I'd it because it's more energy hungry than BBOS?

I've seen people with Galaxy s3's having charging problems that charge only up to 80% or so, or cuts out at 50%. Is the USB to blame?

Posted via CB10
    01-30-14 06:01 AM
    The EU regulation is fairly vague and apple basically gets around it by providing (or selling) an adapter.

http://ec.europa.eu/enterprise/secto...ers_mou_en.pdf

I agree. Micro USB is crap and is a very common failure point for the phone, considering the connector is used several hundreds of times and has basically proven it is not made for that kind of use. The charging contacts on all of the old devices were the elegant solution and i hope they return. Apples connector is more durable than microusb by a mile, but the best solution is still what BB was doing before. Allowing the USB to charge the phone and connect to computers is perfect for traveling and having that common capability. The charging pod at home reduces wear on the ports and turns it into a great clock. At work having that pod on your desk helped ensure your phone was always topped off and visible. It took zero effort or time to set the phone into the pod. It was dumb to remove the contact points on bb10 phones.
    01-30-14 06:01 AM
    And I do wonder if 10.2.1 will make the charging problem worse

Posted via CB10
    01-30-14 06:02 AM
    Yeah, I hope that the contact points come back for the QWERTY-revamp.

Qi Wireless PLEASE. Contact points PLEASE.

Put many options.

What would even be saaaawwwwweeeeeeeeeettt would be if BlackBerry still kept the microUSB and HDMI but also made a propriety cord that held a really nice fit, rapid charging and upgraded file transfers!

Quality Poultry - Channel PIN: C004B64D1
    01-30-14 06:58 AM
    I didn't realize there was an issue with MicroUSB Charging on BB? I've had zero issues; currently running 9360, Z10, Battery Charger Bundle and a PB, I have multiple chargers all around my house and office, and they all get charged on each type on a regular basis without a problem (ok so the PB is the only one that can use the Rapid Charger, but it still uses the stock PB charger and the stock Z10 charger too on occasion).

I agree; I would LOVE to see charging contacts back on the new QWERTY - makes the cradle so much better, and wear and tear on the USB port is nil. I was half-expecting (if you can half-expect something) for the Z10 to come with a rapid charging connection so you could use the PB chargers. . .
    01-30-14 09:59 AM
    Why would it be illegal? They can do whatever they want as far as this issue is concerned.

Photo a Day: C002B5A07, my amateur photography Channel
    01-30-14 10:15 AM
    ...many problems with the USB connector cutting out, giving different voltages it's really pissing me off.
    different voltage?
    USB IS 5 volt +/- 0.25-0.55%

MicroUSB is a standard, which allows for small differences - but are all compatible electrically and physically.
    You will find 2 verisons, 1 with Only wires for charging, and 1 with all wires needed for Data+Charge

Some of the better plugs, have small "hooks" on them to prevent (too)easy removal, and some older cheap versions can be too loose

but the Volt is the same - as is all the BlackBerry USB charger - they all provide the same Volt

The Amp is different though- depending on what they are supposed to charge - to low Amp and the battery won't charge - and to high might damage some batteries. BlackBerry has said that All their USB chargers can safely be used on any BlackBerry device without causing any damage. Just make sure to always use a charger powerful enough to charge the batteries. More Amp - less charge time
    01-30-14 11:20 AM