If BlackBerry does not get it right this summer sad to say I am out. Years of dedication but need to knock it out the park this summer. Samsung or iPhone looks tempting right now. No joke! After new 10.2.1 update was great but having issues with Google n stuff working properly. I mean come on man!

Posted via CB10
    I mean come on man! Are you going to at least explain what issues you have?

C001B7B16 The Gif Exchange
    Mecca EL likes this.
    02-11-14 02:14 PM
    If BlackBerry does not get it right this summer sad to say I am out. Years of dedication but need to knock it out the park this summer. Samsung or iPhone looks tempting right now. No joke! After new 10.2.1 update was great but having issues with Google n stuff working properly. I mean come on man!

Posted via CB10
    May we suggest an iPhone to solve all your problems like BD did.
    bungaboy, Cesare21 and Mecca EL like this.
    02-11-14 02:21 PM
    What kind of glue are you sniffing

Posted via CB10 on my ?Zed10
    02-11-14 02:25 PM
    May we suggest an iPhone to solve all your problems like BD did.
    I think you will find that BD uses a Pearl at the moment

Posted via CB10
    02-11-14 02:26 PM
    So.. you admit that legacy is dead and gone, a thing of the past? ; otherwise it would be legacy maintenance rather than a comeback ?

TechCraze C0008DDD1
    02-11-14 02:31 PM
    It's no secret that I'm a big fan of the Legacy platform, I see more and more talk of it lately on CB.

My prediction is this summer a new BBOS device will be launched, how good will it is debatable, I was very disappointed the last time with the 9720.

It will more likely be positioned as a classic blackberry, Chen is not stupid, he knows there's a market for it, albeit a limited market but why let somebody else cash in on that?

I've started this thread so I can come back this summer and say "I told you so"

Mark my worlds.

Sent from my iPhone using CB Forums
    Then answer this why did Chen say that there will be no more BBOS devices only BB10 then
    02-11-14 02:36 PM
    It's no secret that I'm a big fan of the Legacy platform, I see more and more talk of it lately on CB.

My prediction is this summer a new BBOS device will be launched, how good will it is debatable, I was very disappointed the last time with the 9720.

It will more likely be positioned as a classic blackberry, Chen is not stupid, he knows there's a market for it, albeit a limited market but why let somebody else cash in on that?

Mark my worlds.

Not going to happen. Mark my words.
    jupiter8 likes this.
    02-11-14 02:38 PM

Mark my worlds.

1. Nobody's cashing in on it.
    2. It's not going to happen.
    3. Carriers... Enough said

Posted via CB10
    02-11-14 02:49 PM
    Then answer this why did Chen say that there will be no more BBOS devices only BB10 then
    Where? I must've missed it.

02-11-14 02:49 PM
    BIS is not being removed from carriers, BB said they'll support it indefinitely.

Has any carrier removed or announced to remove BIS yet? As far as I know they all still sell BIS accounts.

I won't name them, but a carrier present in 14 countries will completely stop selling and supporting BlackBerry subscriptions (BIS and BES). This also includes existing subscriptions which are to stop working at end of June 2014.

According to my sources they have canceled their agreement with BlackBerry and customers have already received letters telling them "why BlackBerry is not a viable solution for the future" (even BB10) and "what alternative MDM solutions they will offer" (=come and give us your MDM money instead).

I am not surprised. The carriers have a huge impact on mobility and lots of enterprise customers just want "single point of contact". Add all the negativiry about BlackBerry and the carriers are looking at "easy money".

As far as I know Telia Sweden will offer (if not already) Citrix XenMobile in some form.

I still wonder what BlackBerry is doing meanwhile - "looking into every possibility" cannot be allowed to go for too long. Things are still going downhill and BlackBerry needs to privide value for carriers, partners and customers (that's *all* of them at the same time) to stay in the game.
    02-11-14 03:18 PM
    I won't name them, but a carrier present in 14 countries will completely stop selling and supporting BlackBerry subscriptions (BIS and BES). This also includes existing subscriptions which are to stop working at end of June 2014.
    See.. i'm not the only one.
    02-11-14 03:21 PM

Mark my worlds.

I take your point but unfortunately blackberry went all-in on bb10. They no longer have the engineering resources to develop BBOS devices.
    Chen is wedded to a profitable niche strategy based on BB10 enterprise.
    BBOS is destined for the path of the PlayBook.

Posted via the Android CrackBerry App!
    02-11-14 03:33 PM
    Ahhhh, I remember the days when CB threads started, randomly wandered off-course (often to the annoyance of OP), and quietly slipped down to a gentle retirement in page 2 obscurity.
    Wait a minute - that was back when you could have 300 posts per page - LOL
    02-11-14 03:39 PM
    I don't care if they don't release any more BBOS models so long as the classics like 9900 and 9790 continue to be available ... and they keep BIS switched on so that the tens of millions of BBOS device out there don't ever become paperweights.
    Legal Eagle and tomcat23 like this.
    02-11-14 03:47 PM

According to my sources they have canceled their agreement with BlackBerry and customers have already received letters telling them "why BlackBerry is not a viable solution for the future" (even BB10) and "what alternative MDM solutions they will offer" (=come and give us your MDM money instead).

I am not surprised. The carriers have a huge impact on mobility and lots of enterprise customers just want "single point of contact". Add all the negativiry about BlackBerry and the carriers are looking at "easy money".

As far as I know Telia Sweden will offer (if not already) Citrix XenMobile in some form.

I still wonder what BlackBerry is doing meanwhile - "looking into every possibility" cannot be allowed to go for too long. Things are still going downhill and BlackBerry needs to privide value for carriers, partners and customers (that's *all* of them at the same time) to stay in the game.
    I saw someone from a large network post that on a help page.
    02-11-14 04:06 PM
    BB10 all the way..... goes to show you that bbos good as it maybe... needed an upgrade and its time to retire it...im betting this time next year...no more bbos support
    02-11-14 04:12 PM
    I do not expect another BBOS device...
    02-11-14 04:19 PM
    Can't wait to see the legacy devices get discontinued!

Posted via CB10
    jupiter8 likes this.
    02-11-14 04:19 PM
    Looking forward to BB11... Legacy is just so .. well.. yesterday
    jupiter8 likes this.
    02-11-14 04:29 PM

Mark my worlds.

Seriously you are delusional. Legacy BBOS is dead. BlackBerry is finished as a company if they brought back legacy BBOS devices. It would send the wrong message to the general public and people who are hoping for a BBRY comeback in the marketplace.

Posted via CB10 from my spectacular Z10
    spacemanspork and Shadowyugi like this.
    02-11-14 04:35 PM
    "Before your president decides, please ask him this, what if we leave and you're wrong."
    -- Optimus Prime

Posted via CB10 with Z30 on 10.2.1.1925+1926 radio
    02-11-14 04:38 PM
    Comedy thread of the week, iPhone guy.
    Shadowyugi likes this.
    02-11-14 04:50 PM
    I don't think it will (I'll take the I told you so like a man if you are right OP), I think they don't have the resources (human and financial) for both OS, design a new phone even if it is legacy will consume resources on which BB is short right now. On the other hand carriers will no longer support them, both devices and BIS services, because the volumes won't justify the structure (software, hardware and technicians), in my country the legacy devices on my carrier brochure went down to one today with this month's list, my guess they are getting rid of the remaining devices and then they will only stick with some BB10.

My guess is they will slowly pour into the BB10 devices the functions missed from the legacy days (they already have some in the last update) until the market has the balance between having some of the missing features and getting used to the new ways.

I remember when we updated the ERP of my company, there was a lot of great new stuff in the new version but it also lost some features, with a few updates we build or emulated some of the lost features until one day came and nobody said anything more about the old version and from then it has been only getting the new version better and better everyday, and one day will come that this version will require a big update again and so on. So in the end there will be a transition and I guess Chen has drawn the line between the old and the new.
    02-11-14 05:04 PM
    Legacy OS has memory leaks, THAT is why it was scraped for BB10. If only.. (insert intelligent and relative comment)
    02-11-14 05:12 PM
    Definitely won't happen. But after hearing about the Android phone by Nokia, I won't mock your prediction. Bizarre things happen all the time.
    Mecca EL likes this.
    02-11-14 05:19 PM
326 1234 ...