So that's a no

TechCraze C0008DDD1
    It's a yes:

Sent from my iPhone using CB Forums
    02-13-14 11:46 AM

02-13-14 11:50 AM
    So my assumption was correct then, you never owned a BB7 device.

doesn't mean he never owned a bbos device, it just means he couldn't be bothered to notice

02-13-14 12:08 PM
    Keep telling yourself that. Just because BlackBerry said THEY would support it indefinitely doesn't mean carriers will and just to be clear, I'm not talking about the technical aspects of it. I'm talking about carriers system wide changes which include BIS plans, pricing and services.
    I'm on BBOS and I've been with Sprint ten years. If Sprint stops servicing my BIS BlackBerry, sure I'll get a Q10. I will also, out of spite, drop Sprint like a used rubber and make sure my new Q10 will work on T-Mobile. I might even consider a smaller, compatible carrier like Simple Mobile.
    02-13-14 12:10 PM
    That's not answering my question, have you owned a BB7 device?

You still haven't answered my question about of you are a dispatcher by trade and from belfast.

Btw, you're awfully pushy for someone who frequently ignores posts and questions that don't support their argument...

If you like legacy so much, why don't you marry it??
    02-13-14 12:12 PM
    You still haven't answered my question about of you are a dispatcher by trade and from belfast.

Btw, you're awfully pushy for someone who frequently ignores posts and questions that don't support their argument...

Sorry, I missed it, I am a dispatcher in Belfast but I'm not from Belfast.

02-13-14 12:14 PM
    Wow, are you 10 years old? Besides, he doesn't have to marry it. He already has a smokin' wife .
    kbz1960 likes this.
    02-13-14 12:20 PM
    Wow, are you 10 years old? Besides, he doesn't have to marry it. He already has a smokin' wife .
    Thanks, I do indeed

02-13-14 12:20 PM
    Legacy Comeback: My 2014 Prediction-img_20140213_182028.png

TechCraze C0008DDD1
    02-13-14 12:21 PM
    "Dude, BB10 and BBOS are already price for price in UK, the Z10 is now cheaper then the 9720, still NOT selling.

Sent from my iPhone using CB Forums"

""And guess what?

Carphone Warehouse pulled an exclusive deal to clear Z10 stock at �150 SIM Free or as little as �11 per month on contract.

You can only pre order on their website for delivery on 18th February because they are selling out and the wait has been as much as 2 weeks in the past.""

You;
    ""That's because they've already been wrote down. That is not a good thing no matter how you look at it, sure the user can get a cheap device but it will not make BB any money or bring in any service revenues. ""

Make up your mind...
    i will ask if youve got figures to back up the statement youve just made, but only to be polite..

by the way here are some comments:

" Because my Z30 is a work horse and can handle anything my business or I throw at it. If you are a business owner who works 7 days a week, this phone is right there with you. "

"I got my Q10, as the battery on my 9900 was on it's last legs, and other than the keyboard (which was excellent) there were many things I really didn't like about the 9900

Wanted another keyboard phone with good security (eg BlackBerry is the only option) so decided to get the Q10"

" I really liked everything I read about the new OS and had a mini experience with it when I purchased my PlayBook when it first came out.

I had gone to my local AT&T store to try out the Z10 a number of times since I was curious how I would do without a physical keyboard. I was coming from a 9810 and I rarely, I mean rarely used the virtual keyboard. At this time the Q10 was not available.

I upgraded in June and got the Z for $100. I traded in my old 9800 for a discount.

I like how you can multi-task easily. Voice is great over phone calls. Email text calendar all work well for me. Now that 10.2.1.1925 is available as an official or leak, the added features of toast notifications, etc enable me to stay connected. The screen on the Z10 is incredibly sharp, the keyboard is amazing, and the browser is a wowser!! ""

"I had a bold 9900 and the only new compelling offer was BlackBerry 10 I am a power user our IT is now deploying iPhone and Android but I refused to let go and allowed me on Active Sync every time they ask me to switch I say: can iPhone do that ? They say no I say get back to me when it can do it...
    BlackBerry 10 is the simply the only solution that suits my need I have no time losing opening and closing apps"

"I guess you can say the fact that I love BlackBerry led me to getting my first BB10 device. It surprised my that I enjoyed what BB10 had to offer, as I had previously grown bored of BBOS7 and figured BB10 would leave me feeling the same way. It didn't. "

BB7 will and should be recongised for being the platform that Blackberry first rose to success with, the platform that people initially fell in love with, but it can no longer help Blackberry be a major player.. too much has changed, i actually wouldnt say that BB7 be ever completely left without support, but taking a back seat to BB10 is a must.

TechCraze C0008DDD1
    02-13-14 12:24 PM
    worlds marked,

and no, there won't be one released this summer. Heard aboot Jakarta?

Cheers
    02-13-14 12:28 PM
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_20140213_182028.png 
Views:	225 
Size:	151.8 KB 
ID:	247474

TechCraze C0008DDD1
    Now you're just spamming the thread.

02-13-14 12:28 PM
    If BlackBerry is not broke and BlackBerry management is not stupid, they will continue to bring missing BBOS features to BB10 and work hard on "figuring out" what could be done to entice BBOS users to upgrade (if the reasons for a majority of BBOS users is other than "BBOS has sufficient functionality and I can't even afford a Lumia 520 so even if a $150 BB10 device was available i'd have to stick with the BBOS device") but while I don't think BlackBerry is broke, the jury is still out on the other factors.

I thought BIS wasn't ALL "burden" for carriers: are there no benefits to carriers to offering BIS-based plans? are there no capabilities or services that BIS facilitates that carriers can benefit from? If so, and BlackBerry intellectual property or their 4 year old (obsolete) business model is what stands in the way of carriers leveraging BIS to the carrier's benefit, then that's a problem easily solved.

BIS can be the backbone of "the Internet of secure things" over and above the regular "thingsnet"... couldn't it?
    If Sprint stopped providing BIS for my Bold, the only way it could "entice" me to stay on board as a wireless customer would be by offering me a free Q10. I could get a Q10 right now for $150 on an upgrade, but I won't. That's how much I like my BIS BlackBerry. (Radio Shack even has the Q10 for $79 on new Sprint accounts.) If, for my years of loyalty as a wireless customer, Sprint offered me anything less than a free Q10 as a replacement for the BIS that I prefer, there would be retribution; I would take my business away from Sprint and give it to another carrier. I wouldn't punish BlackBerry -- I'd still get a Q10 -- but I would punish Sprint.
    02-13-14 12:29 PM
    I suspect that they have a lot of BBOS inventory to sell so perhaps they might want to do that first. If such a device does get made, it will be made by Foxconn and be super cheap and will support BIS.

The best that BD can hope for is more BBOS features being added to the Q. Personally, I like the idea of a Q version of BB10 better suited to the smaller screen.
    02-13-14 12:36 PM
    Now you're just spamming the thread.

Ofcourse, evidencing my point that many customers would have let BlackBerry if it wasn't for BB10 is certainly 'spam' to you..

Legacy Comeback: My 2014 Prediction-ignorant-opinions_o_1317939.jpg

TechCraze C0008DDD1
    02-13-14 12:41 PM
    BB7 will and should be recongised for being the platform that Blackberry first rose to success with, the platform that people initially fell in love with.
    No way. BlackBerry rose to success around OS4.5-5 I'd say. BB7 was delayed and even then there were problems with 99xx devices self bricking, bad battery life, etc. Then the 7.1 update came out and cleared most of that up and THAT was the OS that people really liked, but in no way did BB7 have anything to do with their rise in fame.
    JeepBB and Bbnivende like this.
    02-13-14 12:42 PM
    No way. BlackBerry rose to success around OS4.5-5 I'd ay. BB7 was delayed and even then there were problems with 99xx devices self bricking, bad battery life, etc. Then the 7.1 update came out and cleared most of that up and THAT was the OS that people really liked, but in no way did BB7 have anything to do with their rise in fame.
    Sorry, I meant legacy, we keep switching between Bb7/ BBos/Legacy

TechCraze C0008DDD1
    02-13-14 12:43 PM
    I've answered your question previously, maybe if you read more than a paragraph..
    tinochiko, I am amused by this exchange. No, this is not teasing, I do respect your opinion.
    But if you "did not" own/use a BB7 device (I do not know, but does not matter), and there is absolutely nothing wrong with it, I have some thoughts about it.

Those people who deliberately chose the legacy (I would say classic :-) device when things are moving on fast pace in the sea of the latest and the greatest gadgets, are mostly convinced hardheads (me included) with good reason to carry those legacy devices. Otherwise, they are not just hardheads but fools too :-)..
    There may be app gaps and everything associated with the fact that the legacies, by its own definition, are essentially older (not quite old). And they still choose to use it. But I would suspect that they also have another platform (s) that are modern and have everything. They are quite up to date on what's going on in the mobile scene They might even have a BB10 or 2.
    Even so, they still choose to favour the legacies/BBOS or whatever you call it. It's a long story, so I would not go further, but I know you will have a had time in challenging, let alone convincing, those "hardheads" by virtue of the fact that they are indeed "convinced" of their choice after long and hard thoughts with a great deal of experiences. It's going to be futile in any of "legacy vs. modern" arguments. Just my 2 cents.
    02-13-14 12:51 PM
    tinochiko, I am amused by this exchange. No, this is not teasing, I do respect your opinion.
    But if you "did not" own/use a BB7 device (I do not know, but does not matter), and there is absolutely nothing wrong with it, I have some thoughts about it.

Those people who deliberately chose the legacy (I would say classic :-) device when things are moving on fast pace in the sea of the latest and the greatest gadgets, are mostly convinced hardheads (me included) with good reason to carry those legacy devices. Otherwise, they are not just hardheads but fools too :-)..
    There may be app gaps and everything associated with the fact that the legacies, by its own definition, are essentially older (not quite old). And they still choose to use it. But I would suspect that they also have another platform (s) that are modern and have everything. They are quite up to date on what's going on in the mobile scene They might even have a BB10 or 2.
    Even so, they still choose to favour the legacies/BBOS or whatever you call it. It's a long story, so I would not go further, but I know you will have a had time in challenging, let alone convincing, those "hardheads" by virtue of the fact that they are indeed "convinced" of their choice after long and hard thoughts with a great deal of experiences. It's going to be futile in any of "legacy vs. modern" arguments. Just my 2 cents.
    Lol wow.

1) I don't know how it got to debating my previous device ownership, I've shown how it's neither necessary nor relevant as you've said yourself.

Also if BelfastDispatcher cared to read my posts in their entirety (both in this thread and the recently stopped (why legacy outselling BB10 thread) he would know that I have used a few legacy devices from about BB5 to BB7 but again the whole 'BIS' thing was more about not having BIS on a BB10 and this knowing the limitations than lack of XP of BB7.

But BD has in a previous thread almost bullied someone using the same method of not having had BB7 Experience and disregarded their valid points on that basis (even thought they had in fact had BB7 XP),yet he feels qualified that having used Z10 and Q10 briefly, he is well qualified to talk about BB10

2) I'm not trying to change anyone's mind, just to share my opinion. Backed up ofcourse (a concept that certain individuals seem to find difficult to grasp)

3) Futile doesn't mean we can't have a discussion about it, the popularity here has revealed a lot of things. And personally I've learnt some things, ofcourse there are heated moments etc but that's what happens when people get together and can hide behind 1s and 0s lol

TechCraze C0008DDD1
    02-13-14 01:23 PM
    FYI I'm eleven. So on your face.
    Lol jk
    Lucky him!
    02-13-14 01:25 PM
    Sorry, I missed it, I am a dispatcher in Belfast but I'm not from Belfast.

Cool. It's been driving me crazy.
    No wonder you're so feisty.
    Now I'm going to have to read your posts with the accent
    02-13-14 01:27 PM
    Cool. It's been driving me crazy.
    No wonder you're so feisty.
    Now I'm going to have to read your posts with the accent
    Aaa, but what accent as i said, I'm not a native. Saying that I do have a Belfast accent now lol.

02-13-14 01:30 PM
    Lol wow.

1) I don't know how it got to debating my previous device ownership, I've shown how it's neither necessary nor relevant as you've said yourself.

Also if BelfastDispatcher cared to read my posts in their entirety (both in this thread and the recently stopped (why legacy outselling BB10 thread) he would know that I have used a few legacy devices from about BB5 to BB7 but again the whole 'BIS' thing was more about not having BIS on a BB10 and this knowing the limitations than lack of XP of BB7.

But BD has in a previous thread almost bullied someone using the same method of not having had BB7 Experience and disregarded their valid points on that basis (even thought they had in fact had BB7 XP),yet he feels qualified that having used Z10 and Q10 briefly, he is well qualified to talk about BB10

2) I'm not trying to change anyone's mind, just to share my opinion. Backed up ofcourse (a concept that certain individuals seem to find difficult to grasp)

3) Futile doesn't mean we can't have a discussion about it, the popularity here has revealed a lot of things. And personally I've learnt some things, ofcourse there are heated moments etc but that's what happens when people get together and can hide behind 1s and 0s lol

TechCraze C0008DDD1
    I find it hard to understand how you've used BB7 and now BB10 and not know basic stuff like BB10 can't use BIS and come back with screenshots where you ask your mates about it to prove it. I mean come on, It's very basic stuff.

I've always said that many many people never bothered to learn BBOS properly but when they move to another platform they're suddenly experts.

You've made that claim in a couple of threads at least.
    02-13-14 01:48 PM
    I find it hard to understand how you've used BB7 and now BB10 and not know basic stuff like BB10 can't use BIS and come back with screenshots where you ask your mates about it to prove it. I mean come on, It's very basic stuff.

I've always said that many many people never bothered to learn BBOS properly but when they move to another platform they're suddenly experts.

You've made that claim in a couple of threads at least.
    But i wasn't wrong, I didn't specify how it used BIS.. you assumed I mean the full service..

I find it hard to understand how you've ever touched a BB10 device and went back to BB7 but there you go..

I'll always say that a few minority never bothered to learn BB10 properly but when they move back to BES7 they're suddenly experts.

My photo showed that BIS data plans work on BB10.. someone added clarity to show it wasn't the full service.. we were saying the same thing the whole time, but as usual you wanted do emphasise one thing while I was emphasising another..

TechCraze C0008DDD1
    02-13-14 01:56 PM
    But i wasn't wrong, I didn't specify how it used BIS.. you assumed I mean the full service..

I find it hard to understand how you've ever touched a BB10 device and went back to BB7 but there you go..

I'll always say that a few minority never bothered to learn BB10 properly but when they move back to BES7 they're suddenly experts.

My photo showed that BIS data plans work on BB10.. someone added clarity to show it wasn't the full service.. we were saying the same thing the whole time, but as usual you wanted do emphasise one thing while I was emphasising another..

TechCraze C0008DDD1

Where have you been, what you just "discovered" it was known since The Z10 came out at the start of 2013.

Which makes it the more ridiculous for you to come one year later to claim it on CB.

02-13-14 02:07 PM
326 ... 910111213 ...