Several months later, in the heat of the 2014 summer...

Legacy Comeback: My 2014 Prediction-2.jpg

Credits for pictures used: http://www.shutterstock.com & http://www.clipartof.com

--------------------

Screen Timeout app - keep your BB10 screen awake
    02-13-14 06:16 AM
    BB10 can use a BIS data plan, but so can every other platform, BIS will not be active until you put your sim back in a legacy device.
    It's possible, but the carriers discourage it. They will change a BB10 buyer to a regular data plan at every opportunity.
    02-13-14 08:00 AM
    It's possible, but the carriers discourage it. They will change a BB10 buyer to a regular data plan at every opportunity.
    Of course, why would the carriers want to pay the BIS fees if the BB10 devices don't use it.

Sent from my iPhone using CB Forums
    02-13-14 08:07 AM
    If they release another "high end" BBOS device, high end being high end for BBOS and not compared to BB10 devices, the press will crucify BlackBerry, crucify BB10 and say that BlackBerry is abandoning it and giving up, and BlackBerry as a brand will be dead to everyone except low end markets, and BD and the couple of vocal legacy cult members on CrackBerry. So I hope you are wrong BD because if you are right BlackBerry will be killed by all the negative press that follows.

Posted via CB10
    kbz1960, StephanieMaks and web99 like this.
    02-13-14 08:42 AM
    Come on, this is just plain bad comedy.

Chen did not take on BlackBerry to bring back a legacy OS. There is a good reason that BlackBerry moved to QNX. It is superior in every respect. Thinking that he is going to invest in cluggy old tech is borderline madness. It won't happen. You may want it. You may wish for it. You won't get it. Move on.

Posted via CB10
    02-13-14 09:50 AM
    anybody notice that the new BBM update for BlackBerry, ios,android will not have as many new features for bbos lmao..... hmm

02-13-14 10:01 AM
    anybody notice that the new BBM update for BlackBerry, ios,android will not have as many new features for bbos lmao..... hmm

What features are those features ? BBM on my iphone seems pretty basic so far.

02-13-14 10:05 AM

They added voice, glympse, Dropbox, and channels.
    All you are missing now is video.
    02-13-14 10:19 AM
    I'm strictly speaking about what's missing when you use a BIS data plan on BB10 here, anybody that used both would know straight away.

The person I responded to claims BIS works in BB10.

1) I am the individual you responded to

2) could you not stretch your mind to think(rather than try and make me a liar) that if I havent noticed differences it's not because I didn't have a Bb7 device but rather I havent had a BIS plan on a BB10 phone

3) I know someone who has: here's their take.. could you elaborate on the differences you see? (you seem to say it works.. but it doesn't work)

Legacy Comeback: My 2014 Prediction-img_20140213_142253.png

it's more likely that carriers don't want a BB10 customer on BIS because it's a cheaper plan for the customer, rather than it doesn't work.

Lol you think asking for the thread to stop will make people stop commenting?

Since you've on several occasions implied you have 'insider information'. Why not use your reach to block comments as long as you want

TechCraze C0008DDD1
    02-13-14 10:23 AM

2) could you not stretch your mind to think(rather than try and make me a liar) that if I havent noticed differences it's not because I didn't have a Bb7 device but rather I havent had a BIS plan on a BB10 phone

3) I know someone who has: here's their take.. could you elaborate on the differences you see? (you seem to say it works.. but it doesn't work)

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_20140213_142253.png 
Views:	411 
Size:	128.8 KB 
ID:	247453

it's more likely that carriers don't want a BB10 customer on BIS because it's a cheaper plan for the customer, rather than it doesn't work.

Since you've on several occasions implied you have 'insider information'. Why not use your reach to block comments as long as you want

TechCraze C0008DDD1
    Dude, BIS features do not work on BB10, no data compression, no 10 accounts with push email, no @blackberry email account. You're making yourself look silly now.

BIS does not work on BB10.

Give it up.

02-13-14 10:25 AM

There were already so many people complaining that Channels on legacy devices slowed then down, and caused other issues and alot of people wanted to downgrade..

Also if BlackBerry wants people to move from legacy to BB10 then that makes sense. Although they could move to andorid + iPhone and get those features.. but a lot of them may want to stick with BlackBerry

TechCraze C0008DDD1
    02-13-14 10:30 AM

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_20140213_142253.png 
Views:	411 
Size:	128.8 KB 
ID:	247453

TechCraze C0008DDD1
    A BB10 device is not going to use BIS Services. It may work on a Carrier BIS plan and use the data provide via that plan to connect to the internet. But it will not route traffic through BlackBerry NOC. But the data compression and email services via @blackberry.net are not working.
    02-13-14 10:33 AM
    A BB10 device is not going to use BIS Services. It may work on a Carrier BIS plan and use the data provide via that plan to connect to the internet. But it will not route traffic through BlackBerry NOC. But the data compression and email services via @blackberry.net are not working.
    Hmm.. Thanks for clarifying

TechCraze C0008DDD1
    02-13-14 10:34 AM
    Hmm.. Thanks for clarifying

TechCraze C0008DDD1
    So my assumption was correct then, you never owned a BB7 device.

02-13-14 10:40 AM
    So my assumption was correct then, you never owned a BB7 device.

No, I've never used BIS on a BB10 device as I said before..

TechCraze C0008DDD1
    02-13-14 10:48 AM
    If they release another "high end" BBOS device, high end being high end for BBOS and not compared to BB10 devices, the press will crucify BlackBerry, crucify BB10 and say that BlackBerry is abandoning it and giving up, and BlackBerry as a brand will be dead to everyone except low end markets, and BD and the couple of vocal legacy cult members on CrackBerry. So I hope you are wrong BD because if you are right BlackBerry will be killed by all the negative press that follows.

Posted via CB10
    This is what I've been thinking. If they bring out a new legacy device the tech media will have a field day. They'll say Blackberry has given up, that BB10 has failed... it would be brutal.
    02-13-14 10:51 AM

No Glympse + Dropbox for legacy devices

TechCraze C0008DDD1
    02-13-14 11:08 AM
    No, I've never used BIS on a BB10 device as I said before..

TechCraze C0008DDD1
    That's not answering my question, have you owned a BB7 device?

02-13-14 11:19 AM

TechCraze C0008DDD1
    Nothing dramatic then.

Edit. BB7 has Wikitude which does a similar job and more then Glympse.

02-13-14 11:19 AM
    That's not answering my question, have you owned a BB7 device?

I've answered your question previously, maybe if you read more than a paragraph..

TechCraze C0008DDD1
    02-13-14 11:34 AM
    Nothing dramatic then.

Edit. BB7 has Wikitude which does a similar job and more then Glympse.

Natively on BBM?

TechCraze C0008DDD1
    02-13-14 11:35 AM
    I have Dropbox installed in my 9900, and it's not a website on the home screen. I do not immediately remember how I downloaded it, but I learned how via CB thread.
    It works just fine, and fast enough.
    02-13-14 11:37 AM
    I have Dropbox installed in my 9900, and it's not a website on the home screen. I do not immediately remember how I downloaded it, but I learned how via CB thread.
    It works just fine, and fast enough.
    You got it from the Dropbox website.

xanadome likes this.
    02-13-14 11:38 AM
    Natively on BBM?

TechCraze C0008DDD1
    Legacy BBM integrates a lot deeper and with far more apps compared to BB10 BBM.

02-13-14 11:40 AM
    Legacy BBM integrates a lot deeper and with far more apps compared to BB10 BBM.

So that's a no

TechCraze C0008DDD1
    02-13-14 11:41 AM
326 ... 89101112 ...