If some don't get what they need from a Z10 and a Q10 it's hardly sensible to spend even more in a Z30.

As much as some support BlackBerry, and would love BB10 to return BlackBerry to its heights, if one or two needed functions are letting the user down then they will have a different opinion to most other users.

The sad part about it is that not many can see this, instead thinking in a blinkered way that there is only Bb10, can only be BB10, and forget whether it's use suits everyone.

Posted via CB10
    Yeah, it's funny how the Z30 is offered as the ultimate solution to every blackberry user.

Reminds me of a twitter conversation I had:

Me / my Q10 deleted all my SMS and 3 months of sent and received emails

Answer- have you considered a Z30?

What the helll?

Sent from my iPhone using CB Forums
    02-12-14 09:21 AM
    Yeah, it's funny how the Z30 is offered as the ultimate solution to every blackberry user.

What the helll?

Funny. Never happened to me.....I think you can recover. BlackBerry is not the only tech platform where someone has lost information. Ummm.....its called backups which the foolish never do.......and I never use cloud services.......uh where is the cloud anyhow? Who guarantees it will even be there tomorrow? And above all, who did you willingly give your info to......BBOS will be dead as BES10 replaces BES over time.....our company switched out our legacy devices for BB10 units. Also all BYOD devices are now BB10 devices except 1 Samsung. I give it less than a month. PS.....no one is going back to OS......this thread is simply to see how many postings you can get so you have someone to talk to......half the threads are yours......meaningless post.

Posted via CB10
    02-12-14 09:30 AM

What the helll?
    Yes I saw that. I also remember the trouble you have had with emails...which are a big part of your business, and those email issues causing big problems. But then, I have a good memory and remember things I have read.

I remember not long after getting the Z10 last Jan you were having email issues and this was affecting your work, as this was on the BlackBerry FB page. But still, months later, unwilling to give in, you got a Q10...and still errors persisted with a detrimental effect.

So some see you posting with an iPhone and make snap judgements, preferring to ridicule your posts on BBOS, not even knowing how much effort you put into BB10 before you had to call it a day and go back to the devices you could rely on.

Posted via CB10
    02-12-14 09:32 AM
    Features and enhancements to BB10 (QNX), are bound to happen. They will be consistent with user needs, including legacy hold outs. Legacy itself is not coming back.

Posted via CB10
    02-12-14 09:37 AM
    Why shouldn't u use the iphone to post? Why do I have to keep explaining myself?

Actually you DON'T need to explain yourself. It's irrelevant what phone you use to post.

Posted from my awesome Q10 via CB10.
    kbz1960 likes this.
    02-12-14 09:37 AM
    I think that Foxconn can build a better $100 phone that is BIS - BlackBerry Internet Service capable than BlackBerry can. The only reason that it might have a physical keyboard is that apparently the BB7 virtual keyboard was not very good. In an ideal world BlackBerry - Foxconn would offer a cheap all touch device that could use BIS. In certain countries they need BIS - they do not need a physical keyboard phone and they certainly do not need BBOS -7.

Here is an example why certain markets need BIS.

BlackBerry still needed in SA: Mindset Network

I can see FoxConn making a version of the 9720 or 9320 ( both with better build quality) and selling it for what Nokia sells the Asha.
    02-12-14 09:39 AM
    Actually you DON'T need to explain yourself. It's irrelevant what phone you use to post.

Posted from my awesome Q10 via CB10.
    Shouldn't. You know full well it does with some on here though
    02-12-14 09:58 AM
    Don't be harsh he's a CrackBerry user stating his opinion you'd like it if 50+ people were dismissing your opinion a legacy device suits him end of

Posted via BlackBerry Z10, Q10 or Z30
    02-12-14 10:05 AM
    BBOS is not the future but that doesn't mean it shouldn't have a future.

Everybody knows dumb phones are not the future yet there's still a big chunk of the population that uses them now and for the foreseeable future.

Dumb phones have more of a market right now than Legacy blackberry devices.. in the UK alone 39% of pop using Dumb phones, just 7% using legacy

TechCraze C0008DDD1
    02-12-14 10:07 AM
    Dumb phones have more of a market right now than Legacy blackberry devices.. in the UK alone 39% of pop using Dumb phones, just 7% using legacy

TechCraze C0008DDD1
    Exactly my point, dumb phones are not the future but they do have a future, so does BBOS, even if it becomes the "dumb phone" of the future.

02-12-14 10:18 AM
    So the point is Volvo should quit direct injection engines and get back to carburetors?
    02-12-14 10:21 AM
    Funny. Never happened to me.....I think you can recover. BlackBerry is not the only tech platform where someone has lost information. Ummm.....its called backups which the foolish never do.......and I never use cloud services.......uh where is the cloud anyhow? Who guarantees it will even be there tomorrow? And above all, who did you willingly give your info to......BBOS will be dead as BES10 replaces BES over time.....our company switched out our legacy devices for BB10 units. Also all BYOD devices are now BB10 devices except 1 Samsung. I give it less than a month. PS.....no one is going back to OS......this thread is simply to see how many postings you can get so you have someone to talk to......half the threads are yours......meaningless post.

Posted via CB10
    What's with all the ..... very hard to read.

02-12-14 10:22 AM
    So the point is Volvo should quit direct injection engines and get back to carburetors?
    No, they should build cheaper cars with older Ford Focus engines. Oh wait!

02-12-14 10:25 AM
    Exactly my point, dumb phones are not the future but they do have a future, so does BBOS, even if it becomes the "dumb phone" of the future.

Lol you misinterpreted, Smartphones didn't 'solve' a problem that Dumb phones where having that's why they still sell well, they work for people who just want to make calls text

Interestingly you can get a 'dumb phone' for a pound. Price again is a factor

, BB10 was meant to address the issues of legacy devices

TechCraze C0008DDD1
    02-12-14 10:31 AM
    Lol you misinterpreted, Smartphones didn't 'solve' a problem that Dumb phones where having that's why they still sell well, they work for people who just want to make calls text

Interestingly you can get a 'dumb phone' for a pound. Price again is a factor

, BB10 was meant to address the issues of legacy devices

TechCraze C0008DDD1
    Funny that, my "dumb phone" before I bought my first 2g only Blackberry, had 3G, ff camera with video calling, wifi, 5mp rear camera, opera browser and some apps/games.

I don't think you know what dumb phones are.

02-12-14 10:34 AM
    Funny that, my "dumb phone" before I bought my first 2g only Blackberry, had 3G, ff camera with video calling, wifi, 5mp rear camera, opera browser and some apps/games.

I don't think you know what dumb phones are.

Maybe we had different understanding, this is what I understand ;
    Legacy Comeback: My 2014 Prediction-img_20140212_163859.png

But since you're against facts it's understandable also I actually meant to put *etc
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_20140212_163859.png 
Views:	807 
Size:	145.2 KB 
ID:	247171

TechCraze C0008DDD1
    02-12-14 10:40 AM
    I hope they release a new BBOS 9900 style phone, with features from BB10 like the search which goes through your entire phone, maybe the hub.
    02-12-14 10:47 AM
    I hope they release a new BBOS 9900 style phone, with features from BB10 like the search which goes through your entire phone, maybe the hub.
    The 9900 already has Universal Search, some say it's even better and faster then BB10 search.

02-12-14 10:51 AM
    Maybe we had different understanding, this is what I understand ;

But since you're against facts it's understandable also I actually meant to put *etc

TechCraze C0008DDD1
    Go to a shop and pick up a "dumb phone" you'll be surprised.

02-12-14 10:56 AM
    It depends on what you mean by "comeback". Legacy is outselling BB10 by a 4:1 margin. No comeback is necessary.

And also, to whom? Remember, BlackBerry has two user groups...enterprise and consumer.

Could I see BlackBerry releasing a high end OS 7 device for enterprise? Perhaps. For consumer? No.

I could see them having some success with an extremely low end Curve for prepaid, like $50 outright. It would go up against the Lumia 520 and cheap Android. But now carriers don't want to pay BlackBerry to sell BIS, so the chances of that happening are next to nothing.

It would be difficult for them to carve out a space with OS 7 right now.
    02-12-14 10:58 AM
    The 9900 already has Universal Search, some say it's even better and faster then BB10 search.

I wouldn't get 9900 because it's so outdated. This is 2014 and that phone is from 2011, no more updates, no new features.
    02-12-14 11:05 AM
    OMG can we give it a rest! I agree that BBOS 7 is a good platform but BB10 is the future! I don't see why this debate is continuing, both platforms can still run, I don't see OS7 going away it's too big in the developing world, however BB10 is amazing and with Foxconn producing a cheaper device I see BlackBerry 10 doing very well! There is no doubt some have had issues with the unfinished 10 OS however within the last year it has matured beautifully!

Posted via CB10
    02-12-14 11:14 AM
    OMG can we give it a rest! I agree that BBOS 7 is a good platform but BB10 is the future! I don't see why this debate is continuing, both platforms can still run, I don't see OS7 going away it's too big in the developing world, however BB10 is amazing and with Foxconn producing a cheaper device I see BlackBerry 10 doing very well! There is no doubt some have had issues with the unfinished 10 OS however within the last year it has matured beautifully!

Posted via CB10
    I would hazard a guess that the vast majority of posters here reside in Canada, USA and the UK. The question for BlackBerry is whether the foxconn partnership would make a new BBOS phone for Indonesia and other BIS happy zones.

What BD wants is a 9900 upgrade. He is not alone but are there enough to support the development and production costs ? I would guess that Chen is hoping that the Q30 will satisfy the need for a premium QWERTY device.
    Legal Eagle likes this.
    02-12-14 12:05 PM
    What BD wants is a 9900 upgrade. He is not alone but are there enough to support the development and production costs ?
    Yes, I would think so.
    My guess is that there still are millions of legacy holdouts, particularly in the enterprise market, although many of them are on the fence, or already exiting the BB altogether now Chen knows it, and I am sure he is planning something. Whether its a 9900 upgrade or not, I do not know. But I would suppose Chen now knows fully well where and why the uproar of losing the legacy functionality was coming from, and Q30 may not be the one in his head. I also suppose this is why he is talking about the enterprise market, where the legacy type device with BES has the most (and almost exclusive) advantage to BBRY..
    Ordinary consumers can buy such enterprise device, and use it with or without the BIS.
    02-12-14 12:20 PM
    I dont see this legacy comeback happening either.

I think the focus now is on enterprise - get BES10 and BB10 into the hands of business people, force them to use it and they will learn to love it (since BB10 is the best platform IMO). This will translate into more users of the platform worldwide giving blackberry tie diehards (us) and the prosumers which should eventually lead to the popularity rising with regular consumers.

So they are taking 2 steps back, but just in that they are trying to build blackbery up the same way they did it the first time.
    02-12-14 12:28 PM
326 ... 56789 ...