He mentioned the segment of their user base that "don't care about apps" and he's worried about android apps (without actually saying it). Taking into consideration BB10 has android built in...... It adds up.

Sent from my iPhone using CB Forums
    No he said it because he realizes that the bb10 ecosystem is nowhere near where it should be. But sure they don't care about apps means "i'm reviving the platform that was on the leading edge 5 years ago".

Posted via CB10
    02-12-14 07:31 AM
    And you can do the same with BB10 only you don't need to worry about having your hotspot on to connect to an iPhone so that you can use a more modern platform. You are hinting at using 2, over 2 year old devices, plus a third new in order to fulfill your needs? Have a Q10 bridged with a PB or use hotspot to power your new iPad while background processes are running satnav and others, all the while not worrying if the spinning clock is going to pop up and have to do a battery pull in order to continue with your day.
    That was over a year ago, on a drive from Belfast to Galway and back, some 10 hours drive, it wasn't my iphone, it was somebody else's but didn't have roaming hence the wifi hotspot, never missed a beat for the whole journey. Mind you it did get a little hot.

Anyway, I never said BB10 can't do that, I was Just giving an example of legacy doing "mobile computing"

Taking into consideration BB10 has android built in...... It adds up.

As does the PlayBook, now go chuck that out the window, get an iPad and post incessantly about how there "needs" to be a BBOS tablet.

Posted via CB10
    No he said it because he realizes that the bb10 ecosystem is nowhere near where it should be. But sure they don't care about apps means "i'm reviving the platform that was on the leading edge 5 years ago".

Posted via CB10
    I guess we'll have to wait and see won't we?

02-12-14 07:32 AM
    I don't have any predictions but I know when I upgrade it will not be to legacy or any "new" legacy type device. It will be to BB10 or a different platform.

I don't think I'm alone.
    cjcampbell and Shadowyugi like this.
    02-12-14 07:32 AM
    As does the PlayBook, now go chuck that out the window, get an iPad and post incessantly about how there "needs" to be a BBOS tablet.

Posted via CB10
    No thank you, I love my PlayBook, kids love it too, it's their YouTube machine. Incidentally the YouTube app never made it yo BB10, shame as it's a beautiful app.

02-12-14 07:33 AM
    I can't afford my battery to die at work, I run my business from it. I also like to listed to audiobooks.
    Are you listening to audiobooks at work? If you run a business, you will read those after hours.
    02-12-14 07:37 AM
    Are you listening to audiobooks at work? If you run a business, you will read those after hours.
    Yes I do, but I drive for a living and audiobooks and podcasts are priceless. Thank you for your concern.

02-12-14 07:38 AM
    I guess we'll have to wait and see won't we?

Another 9720 one off device is not a comeback fyi. When you say comeback, I read....comeback in the market. So that's your prediction just so we clear up any grey area that you might use to think your prediction was correct. Good luck with your "I told you so post".

Posted via CB10
    Shadowyugi likes this.
    02-12-14 07:39 AM
    Yes I do, but I drive for a living and audiobooks and podcasts are priceless. Thank you for your concern.

Guess you should stop driving and posting then because you seem to be on here 24/7.

Posted via CB10
    02-12-14 07:40 AM
    Another 9720 one off device is not a comeback fyi. When you say comeback, I read....comeback in the market. So that's your prediction just so we clear up any grey area that you might use to think your prediction was correct. Good luck with your "I told you so post".

Posted via CB10
    As I said a few times, another 9720 is my biggest fear

02-12-14 07:42 AM
    Guess you should stop driving and posting then because you seem to be on here 24/7.

Posted via CB10
    Urgent courier work is like war, most time you do nothing with big bursts of action. I fill my dead time any way I want, thank you for your concern.

02-12-14 07:44 AM
    He mentioned the segment of their user base that "don't care about apps" and he's worried about android apps (without actually saying it). Taking into consideration BB10 has android built in...... It adds up.

I don't think so BD. His comment about worrying about where Android apps come from can simply mean exactly that - worrying about people getting apps from third party sites and grabbing APKs. BlackBerry wholly endorsed ported Android apps that are available in BBW. Different meaning from what you're ascribing.

And he has mentioned before that he doesn't intend to stop manufacturing physical keyboards.

On BlackBerry users not caring about apps, I think that statement is more nuanced than it looks at face value. I think he means business users are more interested in core business functions than popular apps.

I could be wrong.
    kbz1960 likes this.
    02-12-14 07:50 AM
    I don't think so BD. His comment about worrying about where Android apps come from can simply mean exactly that - worrying about people getting apps from third party sites and grabbing APKs. BlackBerry wholly endorsed ported Android apps that are available in BBW. Different meaning from what you're ascribing.

And he has mentioned before that he doesn't intend to stop manufacturing physical keyboards.

On BlackBerry users not caring about apps, I think that statement is more nuanced than it looks at face value. I think he means business users are more interested in core business functions than popular apps.

I could be wrong.
    I read the whole interview and he says he's gonna explore multiple options, even if some of them might be dead end. BB10 is only one option, I think he has more up his sleeve. I think he'll exhaust every possible venue in the drive to make some cash back.

Chen is not Thor with a single vision. He'll sell what sells and take every penny he can take.

Edit- I could also be wrong.

02-12-14 08:02 AM
    Guys, going personal is not necessary by any means ... watchout the police.
    Just sayin', I'm no police.
    02-12-14 08:35 AM
    Stop spamming my thread
    lol, this one included you're still ahead
    02-12-14 08:45 AM
    lol, this one included you're still ahead
    Hey, it's not a competition

Superfly_FR likes this.
    02-12-14 08:46 AM
    That's my biggest fear, that they'll make the same mistake they made with the 9720. I hope they make a super Bold, surely Foxconn can whip up a decent specced one in no time.
    I'm affraid it won't run faster than a 9900.
    Q: why do you use your ip to post V.S your 9xxx ? (just noticed your signature)
    02-12-14 08:49 AM
    I'm affraid it won't run faster than a 9900.
    Q: why do you use your ip to post V.S your 9xxx ? (just noticed your signature)
    Funny, the 9900 runs much faster now then when it was launched. Who said there's no room for improvement?

Why shouldn't u use the iphone to post? Why do I have to keep explaining myself?

I'm separating work from pleasure.

02-12-14 08:55 AM
    Funny, the 9900 runs much faster now then when it was launched. Who said there's no room for improvement?

Each and every BL Hybrid OS runs better than any "official" OS.

If the Hybridders can do it why can't BB ???
    02-12-14 09:03 AM

Why shouldn't u use the iphone to post? Why do I have to keep explaining myself?

I'm separating work from pleasure.

9900 runs smoother now bc the OS was unpolished at start. Now it is polished as chrome ...

No justification needed and using ip is perfectly legit. Just usage curiosity.
    I guess you'd be a serious client for BES in the cloud
    02-12-14 09:05 AM
    There is zero chance of BBOS coming back. None. BlackBerry's future is in QNX, and thus BB10. BB10 is already awesome and getting better with each release. Crawl out of legacy and inferior ios for a minute, grab a Z30 with latest OS and transform your opinion

Posted via CB10
    02-12-14 09:09 AM
    There is zero chance of BBOS coming back. None. BlackBerry's future is in QNX, and thus BB10. BB10 is already awesome and getting better with each release. Crawl out of legacy and inferior ios for a minute, grab a Z30 with latest OS and transform your opinion

Posted via CB10
    If some don't get what they need from a Z10 and a Q10 it's hardly sensible to spend even more in a Z30.

As much as some support BlackBerry, and would love BB10 to return BlackBerry to its heights, if one or two needed functions are letting the user down then they will have a different opinion to most other users.

The sad part about it is that not many can see this, instead thinking in a blinkered way that there is only Bb10, can only be BB10, and forget whether it's use suits everyone.

Posted via CB10
    Bishkin and bbq10l like this.
    02-12-14 09:16 AM
    Each and every BL Hybrid OS runs better than any "official" OS.

If the Hybridders can do it why can't BB ???
    And on the hardware front, keep the current form factor and size, but make at least the modest bump-up, with at least 1.2Ghz dual core, 1 to 2 Gb Ram, don't mind a bit thcker body and slap 8mp auto focus camera and possibly 1.2mp front camera, LTE radio and 2200 mAh battery, and let Foxconn put it together for competitive pricing.. Boom, a modern super Bold, what the B10 was supposed to be!
    02-12-14 09:16 AM

Posted via CB10
    BBOS is not the future but that doesn't mean it shouldn't have a future.

Everybody knows dumb phones are not the future yet there's still a big chunk of the population that uses them now and for the foreseeable future.

02-12-14 09:17 AM
326 ... 45678 ...