Legacy BBOS is not coming back, I recommend moving over to the Z30 ASAP and forget about BBOS, it may be the best decision you have ever made (for purchasing a device) .

Z30 on 10.2.1.537 in Canada
    jupiter8 likes this.
    02-12-14 05:21 AM
    Legacy BBOS is not coming back, I recommend moving over to the Z30 ASAP and forget about BBOS, it may be the best decision you have ever made (for purchasing a device) .

I had a free Z10 and I purchased a Q10, it was not the best decision I've ever made.

Sent from my iPhone using CB Forums
    02-12-14 05:26 AM
    I had a free Z10 and I purchased a Q10, it was not the best decision I've ever made.

I had a Z10, a good phone, but the Z30 is a great device.

jupiter8 and Thunderbuck like this.
    02-12-14 06:02 AM
    If BlackBerry does not get it right this summer sad to say I am out. Years of dedication but need to knock it out the park this summer. Samsung or iPhone looks tempting right now. No joke! After new 10.2.1 update was great but having issues with Google n stuff working properly. I mean come on man!

Posted via CB10
    Let's talk about how your using a blackberry...seems you forgot

CLICK HERE To Join My Music & Poetry Channel. Please&Thanks.
    02-12-14 06:02 AM
    I had a Z10, a good phone, but the Z30 is a great device.

I think it's safe to say that if I had a Z10 and a Q10 and didn't like them, I wouldn't like the Z30 either. Phablets never appealed to me and even the Z10 felt too big.

02-12-14 06:08 AM
    I thought this was a stupid idea when I read the title, but I'm typing this on a moto g which has replaced an s3, it's a cheaper more basic device with a smaller screen. The s3 is sat on my desk.

I use a nexus 7 all time so a smaller mobile makes sense for me, my fone now makes calls and is used for messages, most other stuff is on the tablet, so maybe more basic pocketable phones is the future?

Not sure about bbos though, I think that has been end of life for 3 years.

The moto is �130 sim free (I have the dual sim version which I imported) bb needs to match these prices without the carrier but also needs a companion device or an Android Bridge. The interaction with Google across devices is excellent and not something I'd give up.

Sent from my XT1033 using Tapatalk
    02-12-14 06:13 AM
    It's no secret that I'm a big fan of the Legacy platform, I see more and more talk of it lately on CB.

My prediction is this summer a new BBOS device will be launched, how good will it is debatable, I was very disappointed the last time with the 9720.

It will more likely be positioned as a classic blackberry, Chen is not stupid, he knows there's a market for it, albeit a limited market but why let somebody else cash in on that?

I've started this thread so I can come back this summer and say "I told you so"

Mark my worlds.

No.
    Why? BlackBerry state that they will remove support for the bbos. Coming back on their word will hurt them more then it should. Beside you said it john Chen is not stupid.

Better android than android. The future is black....
    02-12-14 06:16 AM
    No.
    Why? BlackBerry state that they will remove support for the bbos. Coming back on their word will hurt them more then it should. Beside you said it john Chen is not stupid.

Better android than android. The future is black....
    Actually they said the opposite, that they'll support it indefinitely. Check your information before you mislead people.

02-12-14 06:19 AM
    Let's talk about how your using a blackberry...seems you forgot

I have requests daily for email passwords and now, after months of this, I haven't got an email account on my phone....for the first time in years. They are on my Playbook.

And hoping to keep power when out, if I can get out more this year, I was planning on using my battery bundle to swap batteries...the ideal solution for me. But after a few 'test swaps' I found after a swap last night that I had two messages on my Z10..." sim not allowed" and in the mobile settings "sim locked". Now this is with no passwords set anywhere on the phone.

Imagine. Forget the constant irritation of the emails. I can hardly walk and was overjoyed to think I could have a 'safely net ' with the battery bundle, only to find some glitch locks my sim. Someone disabled out with a phone who's sim locks?

I have loved my Z10...loved it for how it works, for its speed and power and because it was a gift. A gift I will never part with.

Now, as the opinions seem to be that BIS won't last much longer, I am reluctant to spend precious money on another legacy which has longer battery life. What I am looking at now is a 70quid simple phone with days of battery life, for emails and communication, possibly a Nokia 1-9 keypad phone, which in my situation is vital. The Z10 will be sim free and run on either my wifi or the wifi of whoever I'm visiting.

It's such a shame. It's such a great phone, but the sim issue is one important thing too many for me.

Posted via CB10
    02-12-14 06:21 AM
    Mark your [real life] position (legacy V.S BB10) as of date : http://forums.crackberry.com/general...n-poll-904057/

P.S: Please read OP, this is just a poll, not another yada-yada fighting club Thx !
    bungaboy likes this.
    02-12-14 06:25 AM
    Mark your [real life] position (legacy V.S BB10) as of date : http://forums.crackberry.com/general...n-poll-904057/

P.S: Please read OP, this is just a poll, not another yada-yada fighting club Thx !
    Stop spamming my thread

02-12-14 06:26 AM
    I am still on the Legacy devices (which, by the way I absolutely love)

BUT

I don't think it would be good for BlackBerry to release a new Legacy devices. BelfastDispactcher, think about it. Why would you want a company that is trying their hardest to sell a new (and brilliant) OS to the masses that have shunned them due to the inconsistencies of legacy devices and hardware issues some of which still exist in this very day, so much so, that those around me on legacy still complain, then go and release another Legacy device?

That is basically creating competition with BlackBerry's own line of products. Why would someone get a BB10 device for premium price (which needs to be sorted btw... It is high) when they can get a cheap legacy device for cheap.

BB10 will eventually die out.
    NOT because it is not an excellent phone but it is the curse of the whole profit and loss system. I don't know about you but I see BlackBerry making a big loss if they decide to even attempt to release a Legacy device.
    02-12-14 06:47 AM
    Boom, from Chen interview with Forbes:

"In the short term there are enough users of serious computing�meaning this is what they do for their living, this is how they operate�that want a keyboard. You have CEOs of major companies who whip out their BlackBerrys because of the keyboard. They don�t care about apps. And, by the way, from a security point of view I�m starting to worry about where these apps are actually coming from."

I take this as the first hint!

02-12-14 06:52 AM
    BlackBerry has said that by next year BBOS devices will cease to sell. They will support the BBOS devices but will offer an exchange program for people to switch over by 2015. I believe when they said they'll support the devices "indefinitely" they meant for those who still carry the devices.

http://n4bb.com/blackberry-plans-foc...ging-director/

Posted via CB10
    web99 and Shadowyugi like this.
    02-12-14 06:58 AM

"In the short term there are enough users of serious computing�meaning this is what they do for their living, this is how they operate�that want a keyboard. You have CEOs of major companies who whip out their BlackBerrys because of the keyboard. They don�t care about apps. And, by the way, from a security point of view I�m starting to worry about where these apps are actually coming from."

And this statement could just as easily apply to the Q10 and Q5 as well. It doesn't in any way hint toward legacy over new.

Posted via CB10
    kbz1960 likes this.
    02-12-14 07:01 AM
    Give it up man, legacy is done, period.
    Bb10 is the future, get used to it.

Posted on CB10 with the Q10
    jupiter8 likes this.
    02-12-14 07:06 AM

Hint to what? Lol he spoke about mobile computing and keyboards, what does that mean? Legacy can do mobile computing?

cjcampbell likes this.
    02-12-14 07:07 AM
    Hint to what? Lol he spoke about mobile computing and keyboards, what does that mean? Legacy can do mobile computing?

Hint one: BlackBerry customers that don't care about apps

Hint two: worried about android apps wen it comes to security.

Helll yea legacy can do mobile computing.

How's this: 9900 on the dashboard running satnav app, bridged to a PlayBook used for browsing and BBM, wifi hotspot on to give an iphone internet connection, all at the same time.

Isn't that mobile computing?

Edit what do you think mobile computing is and what do you think legacy can't do?

02-12-14 07:14 AM

How's this: 9900 on the dashboard running satnav app, bridged to a PlayBook used for browsing and BBM, wifi hotspot on to give an iphone internet connection, all at the same time.

I think that might surprise a few that keep harping on about your iphone
    02-12-14 07:17 AM
    Legacy in its current form (OS7 and all) such as the 9720, or a new and improved legacy style offerings with better software and hardware (a super Bold), which one are we talking about?
    There seems to be no point to simply reproduce the clone of current legacies. We need distinctions between the two when discussing about the resurrection of "legacies".
    02-12-14 07:19 AM

You do realize bb10 has keyboard devices. And he has already mentioned their next high end BB10 device would be a keyboard device so I think you are just interpreting that how you want and not what it actually means.

Posted via CB10
    kbz1960 and web99 like this.
    02-12-14 07:22 AM
    Legacy in its current form (OS7 and all) such as the 9720, or a new and improved legacy style offerings with better software and hardware (a super Bold), which one are we talking about?
    There seems to be no point to simply reproduce the clone of current legacies. We need distinctions between the two when discussing about the resurrection of "legacies".
    I'd like to see a super Bold and would buy one like a shot.
    02-12-14 07:22 AM
    That's my biggest fear, that they'll make the same mistake they made with the 9720. I hope they make a super Bold, surely Foxconn can whip up a decent specced one in no time.

02-12-14 07:24 AM
    You do realize bb10 has keyboard devices. And he has already mentioned their next high end BB10 device would be a keyboard device so I think you are just interpreting that how you want and not what it actually means.

Posted via CB10
    He mentioned the segment of their user base that "don't care about apps" and he's worried about android apps (without actually saying it). Taking into consideration BB10 has android built in...... It adds up.

02-12-14 07:26 AM

Edit what do you think mobile computing is and what do you think legacy can't do?

And you can do the same with BB10 only you don't need to worry about having your hotspot on to connect to an iPhone so that you can use a more modern platform. You are hinting at using 2, over 2 year old devices, plus a third new in order to fulfill your needs? Have a Q10 bridged with a PB or use hotspot to power your new iPad while background processes are running satnav and others, all the while not worrying if the spinning clock is going to pop up and have to do a battery pull in order to continue with your day.
    kbz1960 likes this.
    02-12-14 07:27 AM
326 ... 34567 ...