Legacy OS has memory leaks, THAT is why it was scraped for BB10. If only.. (insert intelligent and relative comment)
    BB10 has mysteriously disappearing internal memory.

Sent from my iPhone using CB Forums
    02-11-14 05:32 PM
    BB10 has mysteriously disappearing internal memory.

Has happened to a very small minority. Memory leak was a standard across the BBOS

Posted via CB10
    02-11-14 05:40 PM
    I could see his happening.
    02-11-14 05:49 PM
    It's no secret that I'm a big fan of the Legacy platform, I see more and more talk of it lately on CB.

My prediction is this summer a new BBOS device will be launched, how good will it is debatable, I was very disappointed the last time with the 9720.

It will more likely be positioned as a classic blackberry, Chen is not stupid, he knows there's a market for it, albeit a limited market but why let somebody else cash in on that?

I've started this thread so I can come back this summer and say "I told you so"

Mark my worlds.

For the first time BD, I agree with something you said. Yes there has been a lot of talk about the Legacy platform.....all started and carried on by YOU.
    I will be front and Centre when you say "I told you so" but I don't think I'll be holding my breath for that one. Time to get over it man, it's not making a come back.

Posted via CB10
    Shadowyugi likes this.
    02-11-14 05:50 PM
    I could see his happening.
    For real?
    ray689 likes this.
    02-11-14 05:56 PM
    For real?
    No.

02-11-14 05:59 PM
    No.

02-11-14 06:08 PM
    I am still on legacy but I do not see it happening. But then again I am just pulling your battery.
    Shadowyugi, andyJH and ppeters914 like this.
    02-11-14 06:17 PM
    Because you had one.. And you are using an iphone as an ipod. Whats the difference?
    Main reasons:

lightmeter app (bb10 only have a few that use only use the ff camera, not the back camera)

Massive dev chart app, not on bb10

Reciprocity failure app, not on bb10

Shutter speed testing app, not on bb10

StephanieMaks likes this.
    02-11-14 06:17 PM
    I don't know if BBOS willcome back or not, most likely not, but who really knows?

Just wanted to share this story with you: I happened to walk into a (European) TMO store today and got totally stunned on how many legacy devices they still had on display: from older Curves up to the 9900 and the 9790 and of course the 9720. Must have been 6 or 7 different models in total. BB10 was rep'd by only the Q10 and the Z10, but no 5 or 30.
    Why is this they still offer so many different legacy devices? I assume that if they are on display they still sell a sufficient number to justify keeping them in stock. So my surprise conclusion was that there still is some meaningful legacy business going on.

Before leaving te store, I couldn't resist playing with the tiny Bold 9790 - and was delighted about the email formatting (which still beats BB10 imho), and (dare to say it) the ease of text editing by means of a trackpad. And I loved the tiny little icons displaying number of messages, and being able to lock or mute the phone by pressing and holding a key, having a return and a menu button etc., all floating very smoothly and still automated as if it was burned into my brains over many years of heavy usage. And, for a very short period of time, I enjoyed thinking back of good old BBOS times...

Would I be able to resist an enhanced BBOS device? No guarantees.
    02-11-14 06:24 PM
    Let it go man...

02-11-14 06:32 PM
    Main reasons:

lightmeter app (bb10 only have a few that use only use the ff camera, not the back camera)

Massive dev chart app, not on bb10

Reciprocity failure app, not on bb10

Shutter speed testing app, not on bb10

Does Legacy have any of these? And are those apps available on android because with 10.2.1 you have access to them?

Posted via CB10
    02-11-14 06:33 PM
    Does Legacy have any of these? And are those apps available on android because with 10.2.1 you have access to them?

Posted via CB10
    I don't need them on legacy. And don't know, don't care about android, wouldn't touch them with a barge pole. I

If I wasn't given this iphone I would've bought an iPod touch anyway, to separate work and play, and to save battery on my communication device.

BitPusher2600 likes this.
    02-11-14 06:48 PM
    I don't need them on legacy. And don't know, don't care about android, wouldn't touch them with a barge pole. I

If I wasn't given this iphone I would've bought an iPod touch anyway, to separate work and play, and to save battery on my communication device.

You sure make life difficult for yourself
    02-11-14 06:49 PM
    You sure make life difficult for yourself
    I can't afford my battery to die at work, I run my business from it. I also like to listed to audiobooks.

02-11-14 06:53 PM
    If BlackBerry is not broke and BlackBerry management is not stupid, they will continue to bring missing BBOS features to BB10 and work hard on "figuring out" what could be done to entice BBOS users to upgrade (if the reasons for a majority of BBOS users is other than "BBOS has sufficient functionality and I can't even afford a Lumia 520 so even if a $150 BB10 device was available i'd have to stick with the BBOS device") but while I don't think BlackBerry is broke, the jury is still out on the other factors.

I thought BIS wasn't ALL "burden" for carriers: are there no benefits to carriers to offering BIS-based plans? are there no capabilities or services that BIS facilitates that carriers can benefit from? If so, and BlackBerry intellectual property or their 4 year old (obsolete) business model is what stands in the way of carriers leveraging BIS to the carrier's benefit, then that's a problem easily solved.

BIS can be the backbone of "the Internet of secure things" over and above the regular "thingsnet"... couldn't it?
    Q10Bold likes this.
    02-11-14 06:54 PM
    Oh man...this again

Photo a Day: C002B5A07, my amateur photography Channel
    BlackBerry Guy likes this.
    02-11-14 06:57 PM
    I wouldn't be surprised if Blackberry released another BBOS7 device. I'm not saying they will but I definitely wouldn't insist they won't either.

The reason is that many corporate and government clients still want BB OS7 devices. They are not interested in upgrading their server software or replacing BB OS7 devices with BB10 devices. It's a few easy bucks Blackberry could make on the side and a good grace gesture that Blackberry remains committed to supporting its customers. Pressuring its userbase to upgrade by obsoleting devices will not garner positive feelings toward BBRY.
    02-11-14 06:58 PM
    Before this thread gets hot..... I kindly remind people to keep things civil.
    Don't have to worry about me....lol

Posted via CB10
    02-11-14 07:05 PM
    I don't think BlackBerry 0S7 is going anywhere soon, perhaps BlackBerry will issue a more updated high end device,(and no I don't mean the 9720,that was a cheap device ) but BlackBerry 10 will be here to stay. Its by far a great platform. Why can't they offer the best of both worlds!

Posted via CB10
    02-11-14 07:06 PM
    I would be shocked if BlackBerry did that. After all the efforts of BB10, this would be the silliest thing to do.

Posted via Q10
    02-11-14 08:00 PM
    1 more legacy device for old time sake, make sure it is metal ....
    02-11-14 08:01 PM
    My prediction is this summer a new BBOS device will be launched, how good will it is debatable
    I never dismiss this prediction by anybody, particularly after Heins has gone and John Chen, with all his capable entourage came in.
    If Belfast is predicting the BBOS as it is, then it's a ?, but if he is talking about some kind of improved BBOS legacy type, like super Bold, be it on the old platform or the BB10, then it could happen (with a bit of wishful thinking, of course).
    The reason why I say it is because Chen must be looking at things from a real pro, including a detail analysis of the market, what really BBRY represents and what went wrong with the BB10, and how easy or difficult to produce competitively priced Super Bold etc etc, like a "real" CEO. He has internal data how much legacy style device might be desired by what type of market and its potential volume etc. Then he will probably see a vacuum created by BRYs move to the BB10 and know how to fill it.
    BBRY's failure is well analyzed by everybody, and there might even be competitors that could produce what BBRY left out. Even Typo people are making success!
    True that BB10 is gradually filling the feature gap left by legacy, but talking about this "gap" in itself is the crux of the matter.

But if Chen ever came up with anything resembling to legacies, I would predict it to be more like a Super Bold rather than improved BB10, maybe even complete with trackpad and other buttons resurrected. If the majority of the market wanted it, and missing those hampered it, why not providing it? BTW, I am talking strictly about Q10 format. BBRY can continue to develop the Z10 format to offer in the so called consumer market. Nothing wrong with that.

So, I would not completely dismiss the prediction by Belfast. And he may have some info that we do not know yet.
    Finally, if this should ever happen, it's going to happen much earlier than we think. It has to. Era of delay after delay is over. Chen's team will not allow that, and they cannot afford to do things in an old style any more.
    Legal Eagle and Q10Bold like this.
    02-11-14 08:03 PM
    But if Chen ever came up with anything resembling to legacies, I would predict it to be more like a Super Bold rather than improved BB10, maybe even complete with trackpad and other buttons resurrected.
    BTW, there is a reason to believe hat BBRY (Heins) realized that the market was still calling for a legacy type device, and not offering it was contributing the downfall of BBRY, they hastily (and desperately) produced 9720. So very wrong! Where has it gone?
    These people did not understand what was desired by the market (I suspect).

Just a 9990 with an improved browser and hardware alone should buy BBRY some time :-).
    They are running out of the model numbering, LOL.
    Legal Eagle likes this.
    02-11-14 08:11 PM
    BTW, there is a reason to believe hat BBRY (Heins) realized that the market was still calling for a legacy type device, and not offering it was contributing the downfall of BBRY, they hastily (and desperately) produced 9720. So very wrong! Where has it gone?
    These people did not understand what was desired by the market (I suspect).

Just a 9990 with an improved browser and hardware alone should buy BBRY some time :-).
    They are running out of the model numbering, LOL.
    Yup, BBRY should just produce a new improved 9900 and they will be huge lineups for these devices. People will be camping outside the stores all night and will be selling by the millions
    Legal Eagle and Q10Bold like this.
    02-11-14 08:28 PM
326 12345 ...