The issue is that you are purely looking at the benefits to the end user with BBOS, while ignoring the disadvantages to BlackBerry itself. BBOS may use less data at the phone, but because the NOC has to handle all of the email processing, Web proxying, etc, that BB10 doesn't need, BlackBerry has to have much more computing power and bandwidth at the NOC to support the BBOS devices. This in turn means more real estate, more HVAC, more costs etc. to BlackBerry. Data Centers are extremely expensive to operate and/or lease space at. Plus because of the way BBOS interacted with the NOC, many countries want a NOCs setup in their own countries for surveillance purposes which also increases costs. Since BB10 does more on the handset, it means that they can start scaling back on NOC resources over time as the transition to BB10 continues and the BBID base declines.
    Aren't we talking more about the core functionality and the UI etc that BBOS used to have?
    Personally, BIS is a mixed blessing to me. When BB10 dropped BIS, I did not quite miss it, except the loss of a level of security and data compression etc, which was not a big deal to me. I do not want truncated emails, difficulties to pen large docs and perhaps general throttling of speed at NOCs etc., although I am sure some people may question what's the value of BBOS without BIS.
    If BIS becomes such a problem to BBRY, there are other ways to get the same effect if really wanted (3rd parties), but if I have to choose between core functionalities of BBOS vs. BIS, I would take the former,
    And I thought BBRY is trying to load up as many lost BBOS functionalities on the BB10 platform, and if it reached a good enough level, I am personally fine with it :-).
    02-13-14 05:48 PM
    You can already do this with Dropbox for BB7, this was one of my annoyances with BB10 Dropbox app, it shares the actual files instead of the link to the file.

Been there from the beginning.

Sent from my iPhone using CB Forums
    From within a BBM chat?

Posted from CB10 running on my awesome Z30 2B6927F7
    02-13-14 06:38 PM
    Okay, you all have convinced me. Where can I trade my Z30 for a curve?

Posted via CB10
    sleepngbear likes this.
    02-13-14 07:14 PM
    you may want to inform yourself about tmo's anti- blackberry advertising campaign

It has nothing to do with T-Mobile's take on BlackBerry and everything to do with taking business away from Sprint; if Sprint screws me over by failing to continue to offer me BIS, I will take my business away from Sprint.
    02-13-14 07:18 PM
    Somehow I missed this quote from Mr. Chen:

Chen is sticking with BB10. “The future phone is going to be cool and is going to be high-end. For the low-end phones, I'm going to work with my partners to build and maybe, in some cases, design. But they are all going to be BB10. They are all going to be our brand.”
    02-13-14 11:17 PM

Chen is sticking with BB10. �The future phone is going to be cool and is going to be high-end. For the low-end phones, I'm going to work with my partners to build and maybe, in some cases, design. But they are all going to be BB10. They are all going to be our brand.�
    this will likely be ignored by the op

02-13-14 11:44 PM
    It has nothing to do with T-Mobile's take on BlackBerry and everything to do with taking business away from Sprint; if Sprint screws me over by failing to continue to offer me BIS, I will take my business away from Sprint.
    t-mo is specifically emailing BlackBerry customers with iBomb offers

02-13-14 11:46 PM
    t-mo is specifically emailing BlackBerry customers with iBomb offers

Lol i swear I saw a business whose primary function was transition companies away from BES to BYOD etc (Even though BB10 can support BYOD and other mixes)

TechCraze C0008DDD1
    02-13-14 11:58 PM

Chen is sticking with BB10. �The future phone is going to be cool and is going to be high-end. For the low-end phones, I'm going to work with my partners to build and maybe, in some cases, design. But they are all going to be BB10. They are all going to be our brand.�
    Everything said in the past doesn't count, after all, BB have a long history of saying one thing and doing another

Just wait for summer.

02-14-14 12:06 AM
    Until you provide some evidence ... something tangible, I think I will stick with Chen's statement. Certainly if the Jakarta is a big success I think that a new BBOS phone is only a remote possibility. A more likely scenario is selling remaining inventories at low prices. Notwithstanding your love for the BIS phone, the popularity of the 9900 ( if there is a popularity) is mainly due to the trackpad and buttons . Epic fail on the Q10 when the screen is so tiny.

BB is working on a cool high end Q according to Chen. I am hoping for a bigger screen and a trackpad. My wishing does not make it real.
    02-14-14 12:29 AM
    Until you provide some evidence ... something tangible, I think I will stick with Chen's statement. Certainly if the Jakarta is a big success I think that a new BBOS phone is only a remote possibility. A more likely scenario is selling remaining inventories at low prices. Notwithstanding your love for the BIS phone, the popularity of the 9900 ( if there is a popularity) is mainly due to the trackpad and buttons . Epic fail on the Q10 when the screen is so tiny.

BB is working on a cool high end Q according to Chen. I am hoping for a bigger screen and a trackpad. My wishing does not make it real.
    I'm afraid you'll have to wait for the summer to see my evidence

02-14-14 01:10 AM
    I'm afraid you'll have to wait for the summer to see my evidence

I can only assume you're claiming some inside info. The only scenario I see this working is some magical resurgence in BBOS demand over current levels, and such a complete collapse in sales levels for BB10 that they need the legacy sales to stay in business.

Call me skeptical of this scenario.

02-14-14 01:19 AM
    I can only assume you're claiming some inside info. The only scenario I see this working is some magical resurgence in BBOS demand over current levels, and such a complete collapse in sales levels for BB10 that they need the legacy sales to stay in business.

Call me skeptical of this scenario.

Considering last quarter they only sold (or was that shipped) 1.6 million and that number was down from the previous quarter, is it so hard to believe?

02-14-14 01:22 AM
    Considering last quarter they only sold (or was that shipped) 1.6 million and that number was down from the previous quarter, is it so hard to believe?

Considering the marketing fail of 2013 and the increased marketing budget for 2014 as well as new people, Yes

TechCraze C0008DDD1
    02-14-14 01:36 AM
    My disclaimer is just because it will happen it doesn't necessarily mean it will be a good device, the super bold legacy fans want. We've learned that the hard way with the 9720.

02-14-14 03:46 AM
    Maybe you don't know but a few months ago I was called crazy when I said BB will make a new legacy device and it will be called the 9720. Was I crazy?

We all knew the 9720 was in the pipeline.
    But you're the only one that seems to put things out, to get one over on everyone else. In today's world Gino, your lucky they only call you crazy. Sometimes you bring it on and invite them in.

Q.

So I take it you won't be putting your order in today for an upgrade and will wait for this legacy device? To surface....

Posted via CB10
    02-14-14 04:05 AM
    We all knew the 9720 was in the pipeline.
    But you're the only one that seems to put things out, to get one over on everyone else. In today's world Gino, your lucky they only call you crazy. Sometimes you bring it on and invite them in.

Q.

So I take it you won't be putting your order in today for an upgrade and will wait for this legacy device? To surface....

Posted via CB10
    I already wasted my upgrade on a Q10 in case you missed it.

Also, I don't want to have an argument with you on this thread and get it closed.

It's a free world, live and let live.

02-14-14 04:07 AM
    I already wasted my upgrade on a Q10 in case you missed it.

Also, I don't want to have an argument with you on this thread and get it closed.

It's a free world, live and let live.

When did you get your Q10?

Posted via CB10
    02-14-14 04:14 AM
    Will this be like the BBM summer that ends in autumn?
    02-14-14 04:15 AM
    When did you get your Q10?

Posted via CB10
    Last year, I can't remember exactly what month but stopped using it at Christmas when out of the blue it deleted all my SMS and 3 months worth of sent and received work emails, deleted from the Q10 as well as from the server.

02-14-14 04:16 AM
    Last year, I can't remember exactly what month but stopped using it at Christmas when out of the blue it deleted all my SMS and 3 months worth of sent and received work emails, deleted from the Q10 as well as from the server.

Check FB Inbox

Posted via CB10
    02-14-14 04:25 AM
    Ladies and gents, I believe there's an obious need to chill out and step back a few minutes. Would you mind using these next few minutes to spread some extra love to whom deserve it on this Valentines' day ?

I'm sure you can and the few minutes spent outta here may prevent further problems quite easilly.
    Dial you mum/dad, wife/husband, boy/girlfriend or whomever and just say "I love you".

You'll feel much better after that. Add a soft drink or a sweetie and then, welcome back, hopefully with a smile.

Thank you very much for the beloved you're about to call.

Legacy Comeback: My 2014 Prediction-viral-love-bear-.jpg
    Cheers
    SF
    Last edited by Superfly_FR; 02-14-14 at 07:01 AM. Reason: I was a bit sexist !!! :D
    kbz1960 and web99 like this.
    02-14-14 06:54 AM
    Aaaaahhhhh.......the French.......*le sigh....*

Sent from my AWESOME gold 64G iPhone 5s via Tapatalk
    kbz1960 likes this.
    02-14-14 07:07 AM
    Aaaaahhhhh.......the French.......*le sigh....*

Sent from my AWESOME gold 64G iPhone 5s via Tapatalk
    Aaaahhhh, women, they fall for it every time

Superfly_FR, kbz1960 and afl777 like this.
    02-14-14 07:12 AM
    Can we stand back on topic please ?
    Latest posts can be debated in another forum section : Forum Rules & Policies - BlackBerry Forums at CrackBerry.com
    Thanks !
    02-14-14 08:58 AM
326 ... 11121314