I'd like to have the flashing red LED alert ONLY if I have voice-mail messages or missed a call. Not when I have new e-mail messages or calendar alerts. Does anyone know how to do that?
    Thanks!
    09-26-11 10:03 AM
    I'd like to have the flashing red LED alert ONLY if I have voice-mail messages or missed a call. Not when I have new e-mail messages or calendar alerts. Does anyone know how to do that?
    Thanks!
    Go to your settings for voice mail messages which essentially is a text message and set it for vibrate only with how many vibes you want along with LED and take off any sound notification you have. I don't beleive and at least I have never been able to just make it flash. it is vibe only and or vibe and sound or just sound.

To do what you want you will need a 3rd party app like Bellshares BeBuzz @ Bellshare - Premium BlackBerry Apps.

Good luck.
    mgellar likes this.
    09-26-11 10:48 AM
    Thanks! My post was not clear - sorry. The only time I want the red flashing lite is then I have v-mail or a missed call. I'll also want it to make a sound. However, I don't want any lites or sounds if I have an e-mail or a calendar notification.
    09-26-11 10:56 AM
    You can't really do this by default since the voicemail notification comes through as a text, but you can try something like BerryBuzz and you should be able to tweak things more to your liking as far as the LED goes.

BeBuzz - LED Light Colors, Repeating/On-Screen Notifiers and more! - VOTED BEST APP DEVELOPER 2010 on CrackBerry App Superstore
    Alberta Blue likes this.
    09-26-11 11:01 AM
    You can't really do this by default since the voicemail notification comes through as a text, but you can try something like BerryBuzz and you should be able to tweak things more to your liking as far as the LED goes.

BeBuzz - LED Light Colors, Repeating/On-Screen Notifiers and more! - VOTED BEST APP DEVELOPER 2010 on CrackBerry App Superstore
    Adam... I love you(Well not that way) Lol but you need another cup of coffee. Reread my post and tell me whos it sounds like...
    09-26-11 11:07 AM
    Thanks! My post was not clear - sorry. The only time I want the red flashing lite is then I have v-mail or a missed call. I'll also want it to make a sound. However, I don't want any lites or sounds if I have an e-mail or a calendar notification.
    I understood your post just fine, just take what I told you to do and then add a sound notifier as well.

As far as email and calendar notifications like my friend Adam said you cannot do that and it is why we BOTH suggested you use a 3rd party app like BeBuzz that i gave you a link to or better yet buy it from the CB store at a discount and give CB the money...They need it so the guys can buy more devices than I have....

PS what kind of BB device do you have and what OS are you running?
    Last edited by Jaguarr40; 09-26-11 at 11:13 AM.
    09-26-11 11:11 AM
    trial bebuzz, and decide.

it does what you want: in fact it will create any settings you want, even contact by contact. It controls sounds and colors for all alerts.
    09-26-11 05:22 PM
    Be Buzz is great app that I have used for a long time. I set it to blink red for a work email, white for text message, and blue for personal email -which is great. I have other settings for calendar and battery level, but those first three are a big help. (BTW I have all voicemails converted to text and sent to my pers email so they blink blue and are readable - no listening required.
    Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    09-26-11 05:36 PM
    i know if you can go into the little speaker icon up top and click it, it opens a list of 'profiles' then you scroll down to where it says 'edit profiles' or something to that effect, and you get a total list of every email account associated with it, (in a drop-down list you hit the 'messages' it expands to show every account you paired with your BlackBerry) and each one gives different features to set notifications, including tone and LED. each one can have a sound and LED alert, or just a sound Alert, or an LED alert. there are two options in each account. you can just turn the LED notification off for each of your email accounts. then all you get is those for voicemails and calls.

Also the profile titled 'Calls only' disables the LED and ringtone for anything BUT missed or received calls, not sure about voice mails
    mgellar likes this.
    09-26-11 09:29 PM
    Okay, nickdalzell1 pointed me in the right direction. I kept going in there but now just realized I had to "click" on the e-mail account. At first I was selecting Level 1 thinking that was the control for the e-mail account. But after selecting the specific e-mail, I turned off the LED. Thanks all for your replies. BeBuzz sounds like a cool app, too, that I might check out.
    09-27-11 05:45 AM
    Also was going to say you could just make a custom profile too.
    09-27-11 11:16 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD