Okay I have been an avide palm user for a long time but considering the switch to BB. I am considering either the storm or the tour, since i am a verizon customer. Ive read revies and blah blah blah but I want some real opinions. What would be my best bet and what are some pros and cons of each phone. My biggest concern is the ease in wich I can text and have fully threaded messages. Is there anyway to fix or find an app that does this on a bb?
    09-29-09 11:07 PM
    There are more cons than pros I can tell you that much.

Storm II is about to be released, and the Tour has trackball problems where users are on their 5th replacement.

Wait for the Storm II.

Or, get the 9700 Onyx on a gsm network.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    09-29-09 11:39 PM
    I've used both, while I enjoyed the storm I just couldn't get used to the touch screen, if you like touch screen phones I would say wait for the storm 2 and get it. With the tour I have not had any problems with the trackball and I would think at this point you shouldn't have to worry about getting a faulty trackball. When it comes to ease of typing I love the keyboard on the tour, it's a breeze to type messages and I feel it's the nicest keyboard out of all tours. A problem I have had with the tour would be a loose creaky battery door so you would want to check that out, I had mine replaced and the door isn't as bad now it still has a little wiggle.
    09-29-09 11:52 PM
    I am considering either the storm or the tour, since i am a verizon customer. What would be my best bet and what are some pros and cons of each phone.
    the Tour has trackball problems where users are on their 5th replacement.
    Yeah, they've got the trackball problem fixed. It most affected early adopters, so you shouldn't have a problem

If you really want a touchscreen, wait for the Tour 2 (odin) to drop. Then you can get it, or a Tour 1 for cheap.

My biggest concern is the ease in wich I can text and have fully threaded messages. Is there anyway to fix or find an app that does this on a bb?
    Texting is REAL easy. We don't have threaded SMS yet, but the fix is simple. It's called OS5, and it'll be available REALLY soon (it's already started to leak).
    09-30-09 12:52 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD