Correct, only the original Bold had a (fake) leather back. And the OEM leather pocket pouches and holsters turned to cheap crap with OS 6.
    What about the 97** series? They also had textured fake leather back.

Leather making a come back?-bold_9700_hands_80014.jpg
    10-14-13 02:26 PM
    Theres a few review videos where people mocked the 9000 saying the leather was uncool and out dated and even the recent videos some have said the holster and pouch is old school.
    Fair enough. I had heard the pouch / holster argument but not the leather back one.
    10-14-13 03:42 PM
    Leather making a come back?-t68.jpg Still think the rubber finish from Ericsson back in the 90's was brilliant especially after seing the *leather*

Furthermore it protects the back of the phone better than plastic, Kevlar is strong of cause but feels very strange to me
    10-14-13 05:22 PM
    I love the leather case I have for my 5S and the leather pouch I have for my Z10, but it just is not durable. Within a week cuts and signs of wear started happening to my 5S case and within 2 weeks my Z10 pouch had rips and tears all over it as well. This is just from pulling the phone in and out of my pocket which has nothing else in it (device only).

Leather is pretty, but it is also pretty weak compared to a polycarbonate (plastic) case.
    10-14-13 05:34 PM
    Gives a phone a nice feel, even if it is an artifice. And most of the people I've known wearing belt holsters weren't trying to make a fashion statement, it was a necessity to protect or carry their device.
    Exactly!

Posted via CB10
    10-14-13 06:52 PM
    Yea. And I have had leather case for my iPhone 3G. I mean really.

Posted via CB10
    10-14-13 06:58 PM
    I know that women only very rarely wear pants with pockets to put their phones in.
    The alternative is to put it into the handbag, which usually leads to missed calls due to longish phone seek times.
    So you are excused.
    I was mainly referring to guys. Them wearing phones on their hips is very tacky and very 90s. It's from these times when having a cellphone was something special, and putting it on display on a belt clip or holster usually created lots of admiration.
    It's also when running to meetings in separate buildings inside our complex. I'm already carrying my folio, it's more convenient to not have to carry my phone.

And pants are not the problem, it's the pencil skirts.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD for iPad
    10-14-13 07:56 PM
    I agree that it would have felt amazing to have the Z10 with a leather back.

I reckon it would be freaking sexy to have (in the box when you purchase the device) to have a glass weave backing AND a leather backing. That would be a neat surprise.

A leather holster would be sexy as well.

I can dream, can't I?
    10-14-13 08:18 PM
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	t68.jpg 
Views:	171 
Size:	3.1 KB 
ID:	210608 Still think the rubber finish from Ericsson back in the 90's was brilliant especially after seing the *leather*

Furthermore it protects the back of the phone better than plastic, Kevlar is strong of cause but feels very strange to me
    It's not really rubber, it's polyurethane, a type of "plastic."
    10-14-13 08:31 PM
    Leather case is nice. I think using real leather as a part of a phone housing is impractical though. Real leather has problems. First, unless you use bonded leather, which is like leather that's been made into powder and then reconstituted with glue and then shaped, you have quality problems because leather tends to have unique patterns and things. I can see people returning phones because they didn't like the pattern on the leather of their phone. Bonded leather is garbage, the stuff is half glue anyway. I'd much prefer a nice plastic finish to bonded leather crap.
    10-14-13 08:36 PM
    I love the leather case I have for my 5S and the leather pouch I have for my Z10, but it just is not durable. Within a week cuts and signs of wear started happening to my 5S case and within 2 weeks my Z10 pouch had rips and tears all over it as well. This is just from pulling the phone in and out of my pocket which has nothing else in it (device only).

Leather is pretty, but it is also pretty weak compared to a polycarbonate (plastic) case.
    I kinda dig roughed up looking leather. Reminds me of a well worn leather jacket or well used leather wallet .
    Spencerdl likes this.
    10-14-13 08:55 PM
    I kinda dig roughed up looking leather. Reminds me of a well worn leather jacket or well used leather wallet .
    Call it "distressed" and it cost 30% more
    pantlesspenguin and Spencerdl like this.
    10-14-13 08:57 PM
    Sena makes some really nice leather cases for BB devices. I have one for my 9650.
    10-14-13 09:16 PM
    They're just copying BlackBerry like the old bolds and the curves had a gold phone first before the iphone... Imitation is the sincerest form of flattery.

CB10 - Z10 -10.2.0.1725
    10-14-13 10:57 PM
    Thx, I didn't know that. Kind of wild that you know materials from the 90's
    10-14-13 11:23 PM
    I don't remember anyone saying the leather back was uncool or outdated when the 9000 had it. As to the leather cases thing I think that was more a generational thing and probably still is.

I do however agree wholeheartedly with your point about the elegance of leather, especially when it is good quality.
    I strongly concur with your statement and admire too,,
    If I talk about me then previously when I used to have a blackberry phone then I used to love to cover it with leather back and it really looks cool forget about what others say if it seems cool to you then just use it.
    11-08-13 06:40 AM
    Leather backing on the 9000 was always cool. However leather holsters may have been considered uncool and out of style.

Posted via CB10
    Agreed!

Curve 8320, Bold 9780, Bold 9900, PB 64gb, Z10
    11-08-13 06:47 AM
    Sena makes some really nice leather cases for BB devices. I have one for my 9650.
    Piel Frama make beautiful leather cases:

http://www.pielframa.com/en/category...erry-Cases.htm

My Channel: Geeks United C00122408
    11-08-13 07:00 AM
43 12