The biggest thing holding back BlackBerry 10 devices is the BlackBerry 10 part. Why don't people realize that by now?

You could take the iPhone 6 or the latest Samsung Galaxy whatever device and put BB10 on them and you would have yet another flop on your hands like all BB10 devices have been.

BlackBerry 10 doesn't offer a compelling enough reason for the masses to choose it over iOS or Android. After all, having the best smartphone hardware available still won't fix the huge app gap problem BlackBerry 10 has.
    BB707 likes this.
    07-10-15 09:00 PM
    when I had the Z30 it was very nice device. I would put it up against any Iphone or Samsung. It was a beast in my hands, who cares how many it sold. As long as the device works for you and last all day, what is the issue?
    This is the issue though, everyone that's happy with their berrys say "I love my device! It's so perfect for me! As long as blackberry makes these phones I will buy, I don't care what my iPhone and Android buddies say!"

Well you should care what the market majority has to say because that is directly related to blackberry selling smartphones. Today and for the near future, if you like OS10 your only hope is that blackberry continues to believe that a market exists for these phones. Unfortunately, each quarterly result is saying what nobody wants to hear, they're selling less and less.

And the other matter is that blackberry fans will be disappointed only because of their expectations. You see the new Android Secure stuff? That has nothing to do with Android coming to blackberry, that website and hoopla was about android and bes12... further proof that BB is becoming software oriented. Watch out people, BB will still be alive don't worry, but hardware won't.

Posted via CB10
    jas1978 likes this.
    07-10-15 10:29 PM
    The biggest thing holding back BlackBerry 10 devices is the BlackBerry 10 part. Why don't people realize that by now?

You could take the iPhone 6 or the latest Samsung Galaxy whatever device and put BB10 on them and you would have yet another flop on your hands like all BB10 devices have been.

BlackBerry 10 doesn't offer a compelling enough reason for the masses to choose it over iOS or Android. After all, having the best smartphone hardware available still won't fix the huge app gap problem BlackBerry 10 has.
    This is true, it's the blackberry part and the masses know that BB10 doesn't offer the ecosystem that IOS and android or even windows have. Any adverts showing apps and downloads only never show blackberry there fore it no longer exists in people's mind.
    Although we all know it's easy to use (I found IOS not as intuitive) that counts for very little with most users.
    As for the amazon appstore I don't think that attracts many.
    Marketing and ecosystem is needed!
    It could be too little to late now!

Swiped on my beautiful Passport!
    07-12-15 12:39 PM
    This is the issue though, everyone that's happy with their berrys say "I love my device! It's so perfect for me! As long as blackberry makes these phones I will buy, I don't care what my iPhone and Android buddies say!"

Well you should care what the market majority has to say because that is directly related to blackberry selling smartphones. Today and for the near future, if you like OS10 your only hope is that blackberry continues to believe that a market exists for these phones. Unfortunately, each quarterly result is saying what nobody wants to hear, they're selling less and less.

And the other matter is that blackberry fans will be disappointed only because of their expectations. You see the new Android Secure stuff? That has nothing to do with Android coming to blackberry, that website and hoopla was about android and bes12... further proof that BB is becoming software oriented. Watch out people, BB will still be alive don't worry, but hardware won't.

Posted via CB10
    If they had made a great all touch , they might have had sales of 1.6 mill per Q vs 800,000 per Q. Still not great but much better.

Posted via CB10
    07-12-15 03:27 PM
    If they had made a great all touch , they might have had sales of 1.6 mill per Q vs 800,000 per Q. Still not great but much better.

Just like the one here pictured in the middle but with all the latest specs.

That is what they should come out with next.

Posted via CB10[/QUOTE]

At least give us the high end all touch blackberry then move to android-crackberry-image-passport.jpg

Posted via CB.10 on my  Z10
    07-12-15 03:36 PM
    Well, no. A wide device is a tablet. Most customers want a 5 inch 16:9 phone. BB10 already creates a niche. If you are going to have one high end BB10 device do not create any more reasons for rejection.

Posted via CB10
    07-12-15 04:14 PM
    Like Elsa said OP..... Let it go.

Posted via CB10
    07-12-15 04:27 PM
    I love the Z10. Just needs a better battery and speaker. But everyone needs the latest and greatest.
    My Z30 in a smaller size would be awesome.

9000 > Q10 > Z10 >Z30>
    Yes!

Posted via CB10
    OTCHRussell likes this.
    07-12-15 06:26 PM
    They made it. It was the Z30 and it didn't sell. We've heard all the excuses (oh the timing, oh but they didn't advertise it, blah blah blah) and they've been true of every single BB10 device except maybe the Z10, which was advertised and didn't sell.

I love BB10, but sadly the consumer market doesn't seem to agree. So maybe BlackBerry quality running Android is the answer. We will see.

Posted via CB10
    07-12-15 06:37 PM
    Let's say a truly high end phone costs $300 to make. In fact, it may be more for BB since they don't have the buying power or leverage that others have.

And let's say you need to commit to making 2 million phones for the project to make any sense for BB or for their suppliers.

Even just 2 million phones at $300 would tie up $600 million. And if isn't doesn't sell, that's another half a billion written off next year.

And of course to sell a high end phone against Samsung or Apple, you'd also have to spend $$ on advertising. That's not happening either with Chen counting every last million and every tax refund just so he can get close to break even each quarter.

So instead they are counting on their Chinese and Taiwanese partners to bear those inventory risks on *all* new phones going forward. Those companies are not likely to want to take that risk with a BB10 phone. Android, on the other hand, they may be willing to do. We'll see if that is true in the next few months.

But it's important to remember that BB can't make any new phone without the support of their partners now, because Foxconn and others are the ones taking the inventory risk now that BB is too small to do that themselves.

Sent from my iPhone 6 using Tapatalk
    nolimits7 likes this.
    07-12-15 06:49 PM
    I don't care if they don't make another beast of a passport in full screen factor, I just want a Z30 with Z10 form factor and call it a day. Z10 is the best smartphone I have ever had the pleasure to hold. Just perfect size, perfect weight

Galaxy S, Galaxy Note, iPhone 3, iPhone 5, iPhone 6, iPhone 6S, Lumia, none of them matched Z10

Z10 STL100-1/10.3.1.2576
    07-12-15 10:18 PM
    I don't care if they don't make another beast of a passport in full screen factor, I just want a Z30 with Z10 form factor and call it a day. Z10 is the best smartphone I have ever had the pleasure to hold. Just perfect size, perfect weight

Galaxy S, Galaxy Note, iPhone 3, iPhone 5, iPhone 6, iPhone 6S, Lumia, none of them matched Z10

Z10 STL100-1/10.3.1.2576
    I second that!!!!!

9000 > Q10 > Z10 >Z30>Z30>
    07-12-15 11:30 PM
37 12