Google is basically part of State Capitalism as the federal government is HIGHLY involved with this company. While RIM is struggling, iPhone is advancing at an alarming rate for corporate entities and government bodies. The POTUS is trying to get iPhone involved at the federal level as well. Corporate tax rates in the USA are the 2nd highest in the world, so do not be shocked if RIM moves their business in the near future. We do not have a business friendly POTUS and companies are moving to a safe haven of corporate tax rates. RIM, as you stated is not an American company, so they will not get the tax breaks other companies are most likely afforded. RIM needs to get on point if they want to remain a major player in the USA. Capitalism isn't greed, people are greedy....there is a major difference in greedy people and open market capitalism, but forget politics for now. Only time will tell if RIM keeps thier mfg in North America but I would bet a ton of money they leave sometime soon. Its just makes sense for their supply chain
    I am really having a difficult time understanding your post so let me break it up to see if I'm getting you.

Google is basically part of State Capitalism as the federal government is HIGHLY involved with this company.
    All corporations conducting business in the U.S. are part of/contribute to the bottom line of the State (by using State with a capital S I think you mean to say the U.S.) so what information is there that Google has become HIGHLY involved with the federal government? I'm curious as to that because Google as a platform, search engine, mail client are nowhere near as prevalent as Microsoft. Google's Android has developed some partnerships in certain areas of certain agencies where functions are sandboxed but they are by no means highly involved with any agency behind the firewalls. There is no FISMA certification for Google yet. iOS is closer. Isolated instances of usage in certain sandboxed functions that a select number of agencies are adopting outside firewalls is not exactly heavy involvement. Microsoft continues, for the time being, to own the space.

The POTUS is trying to get iPhone involved at the federal level as well. Corporate tax rates in the USA are the 2nd highest in the world, so do not be shocked if RIM moves their business in the near future.
    I'm not sure how these two sentences relate to each other. I may be needing more coffee. iOS is working towards certification to be used in the federal government. But I'm not sure how that relates to RIM's taxes. Since the U.S. has high tax rates, how would that affect RIM since they are based in Canada? I'm obviously missing the connection so I'm looking forward to the explanation. I mean, how do U.S. taxes impact a Canadian company to the point that they need to move their business? And where would a Canadian based and owned company go in its attempt to escape U.S. taxes when it is not based here?

Only time will tell if RIM keeps thier mfg in North America but I would bet a ton of money they leave sometime soon. Its just makes sense for their supply chain
    I believe that you are using the American business model, which does not appear to be Canada's model. I haven't studied Canada's business practices so I can't really have an opinion as to whether they would leave Canada. I imagine that you have conducted extensive study in Canadian business models. However, my gut feeling is that Canada highly values RIM as a corporation.

I also do not believe that RIM is in as difficult a financial situation as the blogosphere would have us believe. I could, of course, be completely wrong. I am not prepared to make the prognostications that so many seem to be ready to make.
    06-25-11 07:56 AM
51 123
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD