Newman Ferrara LLP Announces Securities Class Action Against BlackBerry Limited And Advises Investors Of December 3, 2013 Lead Plaintiff Deadline.
    News Sources - The Globe and Mail

Glancy Binkow & Goldberg LLP Announces Class Action Lawsuit Against BlackBerry Limited

SHAREHOLDER ALERT: Brower Piven Encourages Investors With More Than $250,000 In Losses From Investment In BlackBerry Limited To Contact Brower Piven Before The December 3, 2013 Lead Plaintiff Deadline

SHAREHOLDER ALERT: Levi & Korsinsky, LLP Announces Class Action Against Blackberry Limited And Its Board Of Directors And A Deadline Of December 3, 2013 To Seek A Lead Plaintiff Position-- BBRY

10-09-13 01:11 PM
    Are any of them actually filed in court? Apart from the possible exposure of insider information about what actually happened over the past couple of years it's hard to imagine any of these cases gaining traction. BlackBerry execs won't be the first to be overly optimistic about sales. And all guidance was preceded by the usual warnings.

Can't blame people for being upset, but I doubt any class action is going to help.
    10-09-13 01:15 PM
    No surprise really. Heins was never the man.for the job

Posted via CB10
    10-09-13 01:40 PM
    Very disturbing.
    10-09-13 01:47 PM
    Very disturbing.
    How is it "disturbing"?

Posted from my Z10
    10-09-13 02:04 PM
    Blood in the water...

Doesn't matter if BlackBerry did anything legally wrong, they definitely did a few questionable things. And that along with some Lead Plaintiffs that will foot the bill, is all it takes. I bet not of these firms are doing it solely for the expected settlement.
    10-09-13 02:58 PM
    Are any of them actually filed in court?
    All four above the above have been filed in the United States District Court for the Southern District of New York.

I too have a difficult time seeing these getting much traction but stranger things have happened.
    10-09-13 05:16 PM
    For those that understand these things better a couple of questions:

How does these suits affect the pending sale / takeover?
    Would the Court be compelled to roll all these up into one suit (They are all filed in one District)?
    Should one of these win, what happens exactly vis a vis shareholders and the offer amount?

OK that was three (3)... sue me
    pantlesspenguin likes this.
    10-09-13 05:20 PM
    By the time these cases are in front of a judge blackberry maybe owned and run by someone else. Especially filing in new York it could be years if anything does transpire.

Posted from the most powerful smartphone,z10
    10-09-13 05:23 PM
    By the time these cases are in front of a judge blackberry maybe owned and run by someone else. Especially filing in new York it could be years if anything does transpire.
    I get that but change of ownership does not necessarily absolve a company of liability. My question, framed a little differently, if the sale / takeover occurs before these matters are adjudicated and the decision goes against BlackBerry (BIG IF, I know) would the new ownership be on the hook for it.
    10-09-13 05:39 PM
    They deserve it so they can freaking wake up! Jeez, i swear the management team destroyed BlackBerry on purpose.

BBM channels: c00121c99 for some knowledge and c00123fca for some real hip hop
    qwerty4ever likes this.
    10-09-13 05:48 PM
    whats hilarious is that BB will get sued for all this... but when 'journalists' were throwing slander around like it was fact nothing was done. If share holders want some of their money back they should sue the media for all 'coverage' they gave BB

obviously BB messed up, and all of this is their fault.... but the amount of utterly false information the media spread was amazing.
    nathan3d likes this.
    10-09-13 07:01 PM
    whats hilarious is that BB will get sued for all this... but when 'journalists' were throwing slander around like it was fact nothing was done. If share holders want some of their money back they should sue the media for all 'coverage' they gave BB

obviously BB messed up, and all of this is their fault.... but the amount of utterly false information the media spread was amazing.
    Please post examples of "false information" because it looks to me that the media was right all along and it was blackberry trying to fool us all along with false proclamations of release dates, great sales numbers and great developer adoption rates.
    10-09-13 07:13 PM

It it was slander, BlackBerry would have done something about it.
    10-09-13 07:16 PM
    Slander or libel?
    And both have a VERY high standard of proof.

Given statements made by Fearless Leader Heins, one could have believed that prosperity was just around the corner and that the stock would do well. Just a little bit off.

These lawsuits will cost BlackBerry (and their stockholders) time and money and the company will gain nothing. Kind of like the PlayBook. The only ones who will come out ahead are the lawyers. Plaintiffs will be awarded a gift certificate towards their purchase of a Zed10.
    10-09-13 07:47 PM
    Zzzzzz.

These lawsuits are the least of BlackBerry's issues. They never go anywhere. Good for lawyers I guess.

Posted via CB10
    10-09-13 07:50 PM
    Sorry, investors in BBRY have only themselves to blame if they lost money. In the stock game there are winners and losers all the time every day . BBRY was and is a highly speculative stock.
    Last edited by Bbnivende; 10-09-13 at 10:43 PM.
    10-09-13 07:58 PM
    Where are the lawsuits from all the investors that bought in at $7.50 and rode all the way to $18 over a part of the last 52 weeks? So many other blips caused by pumps and dumps in the last year it was a sight to behold. Don't invest money in Stock if you can not afford to lose it!
    kbz1960 likes this.
    10-09-13 08:03 PM
    Please post examples of "false information" because it looks to me that the media was right all along and it was blackberry trying to fool us all along with false proclamations of release dates, great sales numbers and great developer adoption rates.
    ive posted many in the past years. not only false information, but just blatant lies/bias. like... "Z10 is a failure because it has no home button" the day of launch. things like that.

obviously the media has no base for claims IF bb did a good job, so im not saying it is the medias fault alone. I actually believe the opposite, and that BB is at the very least 75% to blame... but the media plays a huge part. So when threads are posted here about 300 families having a thanksgiving with one less thing to be thankful about... well, some of that is because some 'journalists' have zero integrity, and talent.

EDIT: The media was 'right' if you consider that they called the failure of the Z10... but they 'called' that failure BEFORE the phone even launched, and then had a great part to play in the failure itself.
    tmanthib likes this.
    10-09-13 09:12 PM
    ive posted many in the past years. not only false information, but just blatant lies/bias. like... "Z10 is a failure because it has no home button" the day of launch. things like that.

obviously the media has no base for claims IF bb did a good job, so im not saying it is the medias fault alone. I actually believe the opposite, and that BB is at the very least 75% to blame... but the media plays a huge part. So when threads are posted here about 300 families having a thanksgiving with one less thing to be thankful about... well, some of that is because some 'journalists' have zero integrity, and talent.

EDIT: The media was 'right' if you consider that they called the failure of the Z10... but they 'called' that failure BEFORE the phone even launched, and then had a great part to play in the failure itself.
    Media didn't cause the Z10 to fail

For the most part the Z10 got some pretty good reviews, both hardware and software. Yes there were a couple of haters, but overall the lauch reviews were positive.
    pantlesspenguin and kbz1960 like this.
    10-10-13 07:10 AM
    For those that understand these things better a couple of questions:

How does these suits affect the pending sale / takeover?
    Would the Court be compelled to roll all these up into one suit (They are all filed in one District)?
    Should one of these win, what happens exactly vis a vis shareholders and the offer amount?

OK that was three (3)... sue me
    The lawyer I emailed with one of these suits said that the stockholders had to hold BBRY stock on a certin date. When the suit is accepted people would THEN sign up to be represented in one large suit instead of multiple. Of course the lawyers would make some money but if I got a dime back on each dollar lost, it is still a lot of dimes.
    amazinglygraceless likes this.
    10-10-13 07:26 AM
    Sorry, investors in BBRY have only themselves to blame if they lost money. In the stock game there are winners and losers all the time every day . BBRY was and is a highly speculative stock.
    Agreed, but TH directly lied and misled the stock holder just before the ER. Saying we were going to be #3 when all was really going into the toilet is a direct lie.

The lawsuit may not go anywhere but if it does I will be in line!
    anon(4086547) likes this.
    10-10-13 07:30 AM
    Agreed, but TH directly lied and misled the stock holder just before the ER. Saying we were going to be #3 when all was really going into the toilet is a direct lie.

I believe he said they have a shot at third place.
    amazinglygraceless and Barljo like this.
    10-10-13 10:00 AM

You need to go back and compile a list of what Thor actually said. He has always been very careful to only provide information that might be seen as misleading... depending upon YOUR interpretation. I bet very few of his "announcements" were not carefully examined and approved by the legal team. I don't think you will find one statement that could legally be viewed as an outright lie.... but who knows.

Thor was in a difficult position and shareholders were the last ones on his mind. He was trying to launch a new platform, and keep things positive. I bet you (or the shareholders at the time) would have been just as disappointed if he had come out with the hard truth in the beginning. The stock would have still fallen, and sales would have been worse than they were.
    10-10-13 10:53 AM
    The lawyer I emailed with one of these suits said that the stockholders had to hold BBRY stock on a certin date. When the suit is accepted people would THEN sign up to be represented in one large suit instead of multiple. Of course the lawyers would make some money but if I got a dime back on each dollar lost, it is still a lot of dimes.
    So basically all of the suits would go forward but only one of them would get certified and take all of the other 'classes' on to their suit? That would seem to make the most sense to me in terms of procedural fairness and expediency. Still not sure how much traction there is there but certainly, if there was any stock manipulation or even the appearance of insider trading I suspect that there will be a lot of money moving from the company that will have been known as BlackBerry to the members of the class action suit.
    10-10-13 12:51 PM
43 12