ok, but it is hiding the actual fact of the post. but thats fine

also forgot these
    NO MENTION OF NFC...WT EFF
    NO mention of sd card limit
    Or battery life. Yes we know it has a user replaceable battery but how long does it last for a typical user?
    01-30-13 01:12 PM
    Answer: more strict management of expectations.
    I generally agree with you, but I don't think you can deny that kevin et al definitely seemed to indicate that we were going to be wowed with stuff we haven't seen yet; and not only did that not happen but there seems to be an awful lot of "wow" that we *have* already seen that wasn't shown. I've heard that understatement is a canadian virtue (and we weren't looking for something 'jobsian') but it just seemed like they could have been more . . . comprehensive (?).
    mikeo007, kevinnugent and m0de25 like this.
    01-30-13 01:13 PM
    I hate to say, but have to say, this "launch" (and the U.S. March availability) was only successful in convincing me to wait to see what LG and Samsung have in store for their next flagships. ... and I'm the guy in the room everyone looks to when BlackBerry is mentioned.
    mikeo007, kevinnugent and nquyen like this.
    01-30-13 01:16 PM
    I generally agree with you, but I don't think you can deny that kevin et al definitely seemed to indicate that we were going to be wowed with stuff we haven't seen yet; and not only did that not happen but there seems to be an awful lot of "wow" that we *have* already seen that wasn't shown. I've heard that understatement is a canadian virtue (and we weren't looking for something 'jobsian') but it just seemed like they could have been more . . . comprehensive (?).
    How do you have VOICE CONTROL and NFC and Calendar in the FEATURES part of your website but NOT in your presentation??? WOW!
    01-30-13 01:17 PM
    The day isn't over.

The stock drop wasn't entirely unanticipated. Lots of investors cashing in from recent gains. Day-to-day volatility isn't an indicator of overall company health. Market cap still way closer to book value than it was 6 months ago.

There's other news coming out in dribs and drabs, so there's more to come. The keynote this morning focused on the device, and how it was designed for usability. Wasn't going after a tech audience, was going after a USER audience. I'm good with that.
    undone likes this.
    01-30-13 01:17 PM
    your right about not mentioning enough of the features, CNN is posting on there money site that the Z10 feels six months behind all the other phone os's. This is so sad, the hate that the media has for blackberry in favor of apple and android they can't even admit when a device is just as good or better than there beloved ios.
    That's because the Z10 is six months behind. And when it is finally released in the United States, it will be one full year behind the new Samsung Galaxy. I want to see BB succeed because it's good for the market to see innovation and healthy competition, but there is no doubt that the Z10 will be behind the curve by the time it's released in the largest smartphone marketplace in the world.
    kenorian likes this.
    01-30-13 01:23 PM
    This presentation wasn't for us BlackBerry fanboys.
    It seems you have gotten over excited over rumours.
    This presentation was for the regular people, that is why they only showed the main features.
    So making phone calls or using the browser isn't considered a main feature?

As for Alicia Keys. Did anyone suddenly get flashbacks to "Marcus Rivers" (Deputy of Gameland Security - Sony PSP) and "Kevin Butler" (VP of Inspiration & Perspiration, VP of Infinite Infinity, and VP of First Person Shooter Relations, Sony PS3).
    01-30-13 01:24 PM
    The day isn't over.

The stock drop wasn't entirely unanticipated. Lots of investors cashing in from recent gains. Day-to-day volatility isn't an indicator of overall company health. Market cap still way closer to book value than it was 6 months ago.

There's other news coming out in dribs and drabs, so there's more to come. The keynote this morning focused on the device, and how it was designed for usability. Wasn't going after a tech audience, was going after a USER audience. I'm good with that.
    I think that is a horrible excuse. so 'USERS' shouldnt have been shown NFC, Voice Control (siri is the reason to upgrade your iphone isnt it?), Maps, BROWSER or calendar functions?

if BB 10 is for PEOPLE WHO DO, then SHOW THEM HOW TO DO STUFF.

Im sorry, I agree that they TRIED to base this for a 'user' experience... but i dont think that they know how to do that, and because of that they missed TOO MUCH stuff. They are in a worse hole now, because if people didnt see any information in the launch they think that that was it, and i dont blame those people at all.
    mikeo007 and advcomputer like this.
    01-30-13 01:25 PM
    The presentation was just...ok. I was expecting a **** of a lot more than just a re-fresh of BlackBerry Jam, no browser & no typing demo on the new keyboard after hyping it so much. Lets just call a spade a spade...Thor is obviously a good executive but he isn't a good presenter. The presentation was sloppy, who the **** put this thing together. After all the hype, "the next stage in mobile computing" and all we got here was an average at best presentation by Thor, some smug ***** talking for 5 minutes at the begining of the program, the App presentationguy must of had a date because he rushed through his part like he couldn't wait to get it over with, and Alicia Keyes, while a nice addition, it dragggged on to long. NFC not mentioned, no maps....this was all over the place. You wait two years and this is all we got. Blackberry better re-think what they are doing. I have always been a Blackberry user and will continue but I think we all need a Blackberry that innovates better and quicker. Blackberry is become that family member that everyone acknowledges but no one cares for.
    m0de25 and advcomputer like this.
    01-30-13 01:26 PM
    from the ny times review...

Thanks to NFC (near-field communication), you can shoot a photo, map, Web page, app, file or song to another BlackBerry 10 owner, wirelessly, on the spot. Other phones do NFC sharing, but rarely as simply.
    well... how would the 'user' know that?

We need serious suggestions here as to how to fix this
    01-30-13 01:35 PM
    I feel the whole keyword was hurried. It lacked details like NFC, browse comparison, battery details. !
    FSeverino likes this.
    01-30-13 01:40 PM
    Browser should have been shown.
    It's supposed to be equal to desktop. Should have shown it.

Stock market dropped at 10:45, I think. I was at a meeting but I think that was at about the time they were talking about availability?

Sent from my SEXY HOT RED SGIII using Tapatalk 2
    Ya, it dived when they mentioned March in the US. You were looking at off contract, I am sure you could order one from Canada.
    01-30-13 01:46 PM
    I don't undestand how a brand new OS can be viewed as being 6 or 9 months behind iOS or Android. What will a new SGS4 bring? Updated HARDWARE, sure, but it will still be running JellyBean 4.2, and isn't that what this was all about - a new Blackberry OS?? Android has to compete on better and better specs; BB10 is brand new and if the Z10 browser on dualcore still smokes the Android browser on 4 cores which is the better browser?
    01-30-13 01:55 PM
    I'm new to the whole blackberry thing,having just bought a playbook.but I was quite excited for the bb10unveiling and watched with anticipation,at a boring lack lustre event that I thought would have had so much more,not only as you say longer coverage of all its capabilities.more indepth.I thought this thorsten guy would have opened up more to the crowd.as the live feed came to an end I honestly thought it was just a break in proceedings and that there would be more,but no,nothing,nada.these events are as I thought meant to create excitement and build the crowd up to wows and ahhs at what suprises there are,thorsten was almost having to tell the audience to clap.maybe some of it was because so much has been leaked,I don't know,its left me puzzled.
    AbuYazeedUK likes this.
    01-30-13 02:03 PM
    I think the launch is what they needed. Their devices are now on par if not superior then the competition, now perception is only the problem. BB10 looks far superior in many areas as well. They showed what the average user is interested in. Not the typical tech geek. I know I would have enjoyed it more if there was more of a wow factor but there are millions of people out there who still have no clue what BB10 is. Its more of educating for people new to the platform. For instance, people complaining about the browser? Ask the average person what they like about their phone, its been pounded into their head that its about apps, and RIM has been bashed for not having apps so it would be misguided to talk about the browser and we'd get the 'RIM still doesn't get it comments'.

I'd expect the average tech geek to be a little let down but I don't think thats who this launch was for. Anyone whos into phones has seen most of this stuff. Plus theres only so much time in a presentation and BB10 brings a lot of new stuff to the table. I bet there wil be a lot of new stuff to see once we get our new devices.
    ubizmo and carlyincanada like this.
    01-30-13 02:04 PM
    What I saw was mentioning of new stuff. All the other things all phones do and have.
    01-30-13 02:22 PM
    Browser should have been shown.
    It's supposed to be equal to desktop. Should have shown it.

Stock market dropped at 10:45, I think. I was at a meeting but I think that was at about the time they were talking about availability?

Sent from my SEXY HOT RED SGIII using Tapatalk 2
    I don't know, I'm now thinking that maybe the final browser doesn't have the wow we were led to believe it would. It is just another Webkit browser so it performs well but can it really be dramatically different then iOS or Android and if it is won't the next Android browser surpass it?
    mikeo007 likes this.
    01-30-13 02:27 PM
    FWIW, CNBC coverage -such as it is- has been mostly negative. Generally, the sentiment is too little too late, same buzz as WebOS and look where that is now, never be cool again, etc.

I was heartened by mention of Skype coming but no demonstration of the browser speed? Wow. Applause appeared scant though that was probably an effect of the mic set up.
    01-30-13 02:30 PM
    I keep hearing that the browser is the absolute fastest and best and Thor said the keyboard was the absolute best, but they showed neither. That is a bit suspect...
    mikeo007 likes this.
    01-30-13 02:32 PM
    I am disappointed. I was expecting a lot more. It is almost as if they accidentally skipped 30 minutes of demo (Voice controls, Maps, etc).

I just dont understand why they wouldnt show that off.

The hub, contacts and camera have been demo'd 100 times over already.
    The filters, story time and remember were excellent. Add more detailed evernote integration, voice control, Maps, skype demo, etc and this would have been excellent.

The lack of even mentioning the playbook also didn't sit right with me. Could have said dev beta registration starting next month (even if beta not ready, doesn't hurt to register for it).

Sent from my BlackBerry 9900 using Tapatalk
    01-30-13 02:39 PM
    I keep hearing that the browser is the absolute fastest and best and Thor said the keyboard was the absolute best, but they showed neither. That is a bit suspect...
    They showed the kb, just not the qwerty. What are you going to show on qwerty that is any different from the ones now?
    01-30-13 02:48 PM
    I'm new to the whole blackberry thing,having just bought a playbook.but I was quite excited for the bb10unveiling and watched with anticipation,at a boring lack lustre event that I thought would have had so much more,not only as you say longer coverage of all its capabilities.more indepth.I thought this thorsten guy would have opened up more to the crowd.as the live feed came to an end I honestly thought it was just a break in proceedings and that there would be more,but no,nothing,nada.these events are as I thought meant to create excitement and build the crowd up to wows and ahhs at what suprises there are,thorsten was almost having to tell the audience to clap.maybe some of it was because so much has been leaked,I don't know,its left me puzzled.
    I feel the same. but I just want to make sure you understand that although the launch was poor on their end we have a SUPER community here. You have a playbook, and Im sure you will see in the coming weeks that pretty much any question can be answered here... the same will be for the BB10 phones once we get them in hand. YES BlackBerry did a horrible job, but they did the same with the playbook launch./release, and I think it is one of the greatest devices out there. If you need any help just post up and we will solve your problems, or answer the questions that the big wigs didnt today.
    carlyincanada likes this.
    01-30-13 02:51 PM
    They showed the kb, just not the qwerty. What are you going to show on qwerty that is any different from the ones now?
    how does the 'slinging' text work...
    01-30-13 02:52 PM
    If you have nothing different to show, how can you say this keyboard is better than all the rest?
    01-30-13 02:56 PM
    how does the 'slinging' text work...
    On a qwerty? I don't know, my guess is maybe it doesn't.
    01-30-13 02:57 PM
128 1234 ...