This presentation was an incredible failure.

No time with the Q10
    ZERO browser time (is this not a main feature)
    Fastest demos ever for pretty much everything else
    Flat crowd
    No emphasis on sd card or hdmi (they were mentioned, just like the amazing browser)
    No demo of Docs-to-Go or Print-to-Go
    How does the file structure work?
    No Maps demo
    Werent we supposed to have a 'siri'?
    BlackBerry Link???
    Did they mention 4G/LTE?
    Why not show how the phones integrate with cars?
    They didnt show the 'wake' up feature with sliding your finger over certain parts of the screen
    WHERE WAS Alec Saunders???

EDIT:
    NO MENTION OF NFC...WT EFF
    NO mention of sd card limit
    ZERO TIME WITH CALENDAR... but BB10 is for business people
    BRAND NEW BB WORLD... but we will only show it to you for half a second...

EDIT 2:
    I really think it is important to say that I think BB10 WILL WORK. Like Thor said, this is the STARTING LINE... the point of this thread was to try and get a 'what do we have to do now' in order to reach a FINISH LINE where BB is once again competitive.

In all honesty, the CB review did a better job. This was very bad for the people coming in with no knowledge

There was A LOT of stuff that was in the earlier demos that was NOT done today. I know the phone looks good and functions very well... but BLACKBERRY botched this pretty bad

I dont want this to be a hate thread, i just want to know what everyone thinks needs to happen for the REAL BB10 story to get out. I would say spreading the CB review around, since it is more in depth... but what else?
    Last edited by FSeverino; 01-30-13 at 03:31 PM.
    01-30-13 12:35 PM
    you do realize there are still Q&A's still going on right?
    anon(3896606) and CDM76 like this.
    01-30-13 12:40 PM
    what? my stream turned off and i waited for like 10 minutes... doesnt matter, the MAIN portion should have answered all the MAIN questions.
    01-30-13 12:42 PM
    This presentation wasn't for us BlackBerry fanboys.
    It seems you have gotten over excited over rumours.
    This presentation was for the regular people, that is why they only showed the main features.
    01-30-13 12:46 PM
    This presentation was an incredible failure.

No time with the Q10
    ZERO browser time (is this not a main feature)
    Fastest demos ever for pretty much everything else
    Flat crowd
    No emphasis on sd card or hdmi (they were mentioned, just like the amazing browser)
    No demo of Docs-to-Go or Print-to-Go
    How does the file structure work?
    No Maps demo
    Werent we supposed to have a 'siri'?
    BlackBerry Link???
    Did they mention 4G/LTE?
    Why not show how the phones integrate with cars?
    They didnt show the 'wake' up feature with sliding your finger over certain parts of the screen
    WHERE WAS Alec Saunders???

In all honesty, the CB review did a better job. This was very bad for the people coming in with no knowledge

There was A LOT of stuff that was in the earlier demos that was NOT done today. I know the phone looks good and functions very well... but BLACKBERRY botched this pretty bad

I dont want this to be a hate thread, i just want to know what everyone thinks needs to happen for the REAL BB10 story to get out. I would say spreading the CB review around, since it is more in depth... but what else?
    Took the words right out of my mouth . . . I'm not saying I know better than rim, just saying . . um . . well . . ya, what you said

edit: ok, I wouldn't have used the word 'failure', but the rest of it, yes
    too much time was devoted to Alicia. She's great but but I agree with OP here, too much missing
    revtech likes this.
    Q& A is only beneficial if some one can hear the answers. The performance was being judged by the stock market as it was being presented. The longer they talked the lower the stock was dropping during the broadcast. Way too much time spent on the flow and not enough on the other features. And to close the broadcast to say that US carriers would be announcing pre order dates for delivery in March was the final insult. We all were lead to believe a lot of exciting news would be announced. Maybe CB has informed us too much before hand and we failed to see much news -worthy information being released.
    01-30-13 12:48 PM
    Answer: more strict management of expectations.
    01-30-13 12:49 PM
    This presentation was for the regular people, that is why they only showed the main features.
    I agree with that... but NO BROWSWER demo? ... no QWERTY typing Demo? No maps!!! ...

this presentation looks like it was aimed at everyday 'power' users, but designed for tech geniuses
    01-30-13 12:49 PM
    I'm hoping you're right, maybe I have just forgotten how much we know or how far we are from "normal"
    01-30-13 12:50 PM
    Q& A is only beneficial if some one can hear the answers. The performance was being judged by the stock market as it was being presented. The longer they talked the lower the stock was dropping during the broadcast. Way too much time spent on the flow and not enough on the other features. And to close the broadcast to say that US carriers would be announcing pre order dates for delivery in March was the final insult. We all were lead to believe a lot of exciting news would be announced. Maybe CB has informed us too much before hand and we failed to see much news -worthy information being released.

Not really... nothing I listed was an exclusive to CB, and everything i listed is VITAL knowledge if i am going to sign a 3 year contract with your phone
    01-30-13 12:50 PM
    I just dont understand it... he was in the crowd... he was THERE...
    he is a GREAT speaker. Did anyone watch the talk that was posted here with him at a round table with a few people? He handled it GREAT.
    01-30-13 12:51 PM
    Seriously how much work is Alicia Keys going to do with Blackberry. She is being paid well for her "fake role".

For a normal consumer and media tuning in. There was no mention of Voice control, maps etc. Like the previous poster above said. Most will just assume it's the same old RIM. They have quality features yet barely showed anything off. Most things presented today the media has already reported on weeks and months ago.

People will tune in than tune out. If they don't see actual video why would they read about it after the fact. Blackberry missed the boat with a lack luster presentation. It had a few moments but was overall pretty flat.

Judging from the presentation i feel the Superbowl commercial is going to be another accident waiting to happen if they just show the peek and flow aspect. There is no WOW to lure a user in from another platform.
    anon(4018671) and CDM76 like this.
    01-30-13 12:52 PM
    What regular folks would even be watching this presentation?
    Guess I'm considered a regular peep and nothing I saw today would make me switch platforms.
    zeteo likes this.
    Because other then how people thought Thor was a bit "awkward", that is all they said.
    They mentioned nothing of how the presentation was lackluster.
    I think, it is just us.
    Browser should have been shown.
    It's supposed to be equal to desktop. Should have shown it.

Stock market dropped at 10:45, I think. I was at a meeting but I think that was at about the time they were talking about availability?

Sent from my SEXY HOT RED SGIII using Tapatalk 2
    01-30-13 12:54 PM
    Browser should have been shown.
    It's supposed to be equal to desktop. Should have shown it.

Stock market dropped at 10:45, I think. I was at a meeting but I think that was at about the time they were talking about availability?

Sent from my SEXY HOT RED SGIII using Tapatalk 2
    This may be my opinion, but maybe they are leaving surprises for the consumers and reviewers to find?...
    Think about it: If a review finds that the browser is really good, they could think "Hey, this is really good, I wonder why they didn't show it off at the launch? Maybe there are things BETTER than this in the O.S that I haven't found yet!"
    I don't know, maybe I just think oddly.
    01-30-13 12:57 PM
    your right about not mentioning enough of the features, CNN is posting on there money site that the Z10 feels six months behind all the other phone os's. This is so sad, the hate that the media has for blackberry in favor of apple and android they can't even admit when a device is just as good or better than there beloved ios.
    carlyincanada likes this.
    01-30-13 12:58 PM
    @ FSeverino,

I noticed your post after I posted my thoughts on the Official BB 10 Mega Thread. I also noticed you linked to this discussion thread you started so if it's alright with you, I would like to do the same with regards to my post on how I feel BlackBerry could better leverage their tablets, BBOS 10 and security model and apply them properly to the real world:

http://forums.crackberry.com/blackbe.../index136.html

It's the long winded kind of rant post on that page of the thread (midway down the page - since I can't link to it directly).

Thanks!
    01-30-13 12:59 PM
    This may be my opinion, but maybe they are leaving surprises for the consumers and reviewers to find?...
    Think about it: If a review finds that the browser is really good, they could think "Hey, this is really good, I wonder why they didn't show it off at the launch? Maybe there are things BETTER than this in the O.S that I haven't found yet!"

This isnt easter egg hunting... this is a billion dollar business, and the last chance to survive. you put everything on the table, NOTHING should be left out.
    rnhld, chaosdivine, ubizmo and 4 others like this.
    01-30-13 01:00 PM
    @ FSerino,

I noticed your post after I posted my thoughts on the Official BB 10 Mega Thread. I also noticed you linked to this discussion thread you started so if it's alright with you, I would like to do the same with regards to my post on how I feel BlackBerry could leverage their tablets, security model and apply their products properly to the real world:

http://forums.crackberry.com/blackbe.../index136.html

It's the long winded kind of rant post on that page thread (since I can't link to it directly).

Thanks!
    NP! any ideas are welcome
    01-30-13 01:01 PM
    Read some of the reviews...they'll ell you why the browser wasn't discussed...it doesn't seem to live up to the hype.
    01-30-13 01:03 PM
    I changed the thread title to make it a bit more descriptive.
    01-30-13 01:05 PM
    this was only a disappointing presentation weighed down with a delay till March for US sales,
    Blackberry will rebound as long as they deliver on things that really count like a good product and good service...
    Cracklen likes this.
    01-30-13 01:05 PM
    I changed the thread title to make it a bit more descriptive.
    ok, but it is hiding the actual fact of the post. but thats fine

also forgot these
    NO MENTION OF NFC...WT EFF
    NO mention of sd card limit
    01-30-13 01:07 PM
128 123 ...