is there any truth about this articles headline? https://www.google.co.uk/amp/s/www.express.co.uk/life-style/science-technology/725390/blackberry-dtek60-new-android-phone-fingerprint-sensor-security/amp?client=safari
    Last edited by Lloyd Gorgeous; 10-27-16 at 09:51 PM. Reason: typo
    10-27-16 05:15 PM
    Yes, "BlackBerry reveals its LAST ever Android smartphone". As you've probably heard, BlackBerry is now out of the hardware business.

The DTEK 60 will be the last BlackBerry smartphone period. It was made by TLC for BlackBerry and BlackBerry is responsible for DTEK60 distribution, sales, and support.

If the rumored Mercury is every released, it may contain BlackBerry security features and apps, but it won't be made, distributed, sold, or supported by BlackBerry.

This URL works: https://www.express.co.uk/life-style...r-security/amp
    10-27-16 05:38 PM
    The Last BlackBerry was the Passport.......All others are Androids with BB name.
    Wasn't the last bb10 phone the Leap?

Posted via CB10
    10-27-16 07:36 PM
    BB used to design, contract out manufacture of, and distribute their own phones. This included all BBOS phones and the Z10, Q10, Z30, Classic, Passport, and Priv.

More recently, BB started to subcontract out the design and manufacturing of some phones (Z3, Leap, DTEKs) and the Playbook tablet.

The DTEK60 is the last of either of those.

Going forward, BB will license out their name and software to other companies that wish to use their name and software to make phones. So far, only one licensing partner has emerged: a joint venture of several Indonesian companies who will be making a low-end all-touch licensed BB phone for the Indonesian market only.

It remains to be seen if any other companies will take a license, or what kind of devices they may or may not make. It's likely that these companies will only be taking regional (rather than global) licenses, meaning they'll only have rights to sell those phones in a specific region of the world, because they elected to pay for a lower-priced regional license vs. a global license.
    StephanieMaks likes this.
    10-27-16 07:37 PM
    My z30 still works fine. What's your problem?

"Z30 STA100-2 UK" 10.3.2.2836
    10-27-16 07:54 PM
    Unfortunately, BlackBerry are now at the bottom of the pile of phone suppliers. There are so many others trying to compete with Samsung, Sony and Joe blogs. If they don't up the advertising to give them a lift, it ain't going to happen.

Same old story over the last few years.

I really do hope they can make it but I'm afraid it ain't going to happen.

The BlackBerry name is now too tarnished.

10-27-16 08:06 PM
    Again, my Z30 still works and I don't have a problem.

10-27-16 08:08 PM
    Wasn't the last bb10 phone the Leap?

Posted via CB10
    Things that make you go Hmmmmmm....Not sure why my post was deleted?
    Anyway....Your right the Leap was the true last BlackBerry, All others are Android OS with BlackBerry name.
    10-28-16 05:11 PM
    It's sad that Samsung and Apple is dominating the cell phone market and that other manufacturers don't get a chance. There is many manufacturers out there that makes at least phone comparable to Samsung and Apple. In some cases even better but people just wants to buy the same product like everyone else and thats is just silly.
    10-29-16 06:14 AM