As many come in a lot wont make it in the store thats for certain.RIM will save quite alot of cash.Read how RIM was denying what they deemed as average cascades B4BB apps in the store. Average ported apps stand no chance getting in quality control is pretty high imo.
    Last edited by RECOOL; 01-19-13 at 09:13 AM.
    01-19-13 07:25 AM
    Still fighting with mine, decided yesterday the layout was ugly, ran to find new illustrations and icons, set them and ... *ahhhhhhrrrrrrggggllll* broke the app logic.
    Back in debug mode ... #lessonNeverLearnedFull.
    anon(3896606) likes this.
    01-19-13 07:43 AM
    As many come in a lot wont make it in the store thats for certain.RIM will save quite alot of cash.Read how RIM was denying what they assume as average cascades B4BB apps. Average ported apps stand no chance getting in quality control is pretty high imo.
    Er no...

Firstly, that would create some terrible press for RIM. Rejecting what they consider "average" apps to save cash would put off a lot of developers, and RIM would not do that. They're also never going to get near their 70-100k number for launch by rejecting average apps.

Secondly, just take a look in BB10 app world right now and you'll see that you're wrong.
    01-19-13 08:37 AM
    Still fighting with mine, decided yesterday the layout was ugly, ran to find new illustrations and icons, set them and ... *ahhhhhhrrrrrrggggllll* broke the app logic.
    Back in debug mode ... #lessonNeverLearnedFull.
    That's why I'm using webworks. Isn't possible to break your logic when you're just editing a css file
    01-19-13 08:38 AM
    Er no...

Firstly, that would create some terrible press for RIM. Rejecting what they consider "average" apps to save cash would put off a lot of developers, and RIM would not do that. They're also never going to get near their 70-100k number for launch by rejecting average apps.

Secondly, just take a look in BB10 app world right now and you'll see that you're wrong.
    Who told you everything in appworld will be there at launch?? You work for RIM?? Are you doing the quality checks??1000 flash lights and fart apps wont be in appworld after launch they will be filtering apps be sure of that.RIM have talked about quality pretty sure they will stick to what they said.If you think 15,000 or whatever this port amount ends are all getting clearance to be an offical store app than you aint very smart.The acceptance process takes a few days before being confirmed just cause you port an app dont mean you will get cash or be in official store.
    01-19-13 09:23 AM
    As many come in a lot wont make it in the store thats for certain.RIM will save quite alot of cash.Read how RIM was denying what they deemed as average cascades B4BB apps in the store. Average ported apps stand no chance getting in quality control is pretty high imo.
    The Built for BlackBerry program and the $100 reward for porting program are two very different things with VERY different criteria.
    01-19-13 09:31 AM
    Who told you everything in appworld will be there at launch?? You work for RIM?? Are you doing the quality checks??1000 flash lights and fart apps wont be in appworld after launch they will be filtering apps be sure of that.RIM have talked about quality pretty sure they will stick to what they said.If you think 15,000 or whatever this port amount ends are all getting clearance to be an offical store app than you aint very smart.The acceptance process takes a few days before being confirmed just cause you port an app dont mean you will get cash or be in official store.
    Ugh, what a joke, it's like talking with a wall.
    Read the criteria for the port a thon. Anything that isn't a static screen or web launcher is eligible.
    Also, getting in app world != $100, there are additional criteria that could disqualify the app but still allow it into app world.

You literally have no clue what you're talking about.
    Back on ignore.
    01-19-13 09:46 AM
    That's why I'm using webworks. Isn't possible to break your logic when you're just editing a css file
    lol, that's what I thought ... until I started over and messed up the IDs and class names without noticing it at first .
    I'm baaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaacccccckkkk !

Now, let's see why this level handling is mad ... shouldn't be that tricky ... but so much left to do ... this will be a very short night (finish @ 6AM here )
    mikeo007 likes this.
    01-19-13 11:12 AM
    The fact they are including app generator is pretty sad and clearly just aiming for a headline grabber number on Monday.
    01-19-13 11:12 AM
    Deadline for being in appWorld at launch is Jan. 21st.
    01-19-13 11:13 AM
    Ugh, what a joke, it's like talking with a wall.
    Read the criteria for the port a thon. Anything that isn't a static screen or web launcher is eligible.
    Also, getting in app world != $100, there are additional criteria that could disqualify the app but still allow it into app world.

You literally have no clue what you're talking about.
    Back on ignore.
    That's right.
    P.S: and you ... back on my white list
    mikeo007 likes this.
    01-19-13 11:14 AM
    The fact they are including app generator is pretty sad and clearly just aiming for a headline grabber number on Monday.
    Like I wrote before, we also need content. If these generated blog apps are classified in appropriate sections, I can't see the bummer here.
    01-19-13 11:18 AM
    Like I wrote before, we also need content. If these generated blog apps are classified in appropriate sections, I can't see the bummer here.
    i agree, why not get them outta the way now, so they dont clog up the `new` section on launch. naturally though you cant please everyone all the time lol
    dietertong and bbquincar like this.
    01-19-13 11:20 AM
    Content is easy, throw up a webpage with words on. It doesn't have to be good content, it just needs words.
    We will probably see 20k+ which is what they want for a headline, will any of us use them? Maybe one or two, I doubt many. Is that worth $2 million? God no.
    01-19-13 11:23 AM
    i agree, why not get them outta the way now, so they dont clog up the `new` section on launch. naturally though you cant please everyone all the time lol
    Not sure how they will handle to avoid the "e-books syndrome" we had with Playbook launch ... yet I believe they're aware of the problem.
    My take : most will be free apps so that it should temper the flood.
    01-19-13 11:23 AM
    Content is easy, throw up a webpage with words on. It doesn't have to be good content, it just needs words.
    We will probably see 20k+ which is what they want for a headline, will any of us use them? Maybe one or two, I doubt many. Is that worth $2 million? God no.
    While I follow the event on the live channel, it's clear that there is a (human) quality control. The kind of apps you describe won't be eligible to port-a-thon reward, for sure (and probably, not eligible at all).
    FTR :
    Apps must not: (a) have already been submitted to BBAW as a BlackBerry 10 app or otherwise approved by BBAW prior to start of the Program Period; (b) contain a web launcher or shortcut; (c) contain a web browser; or (d) be an app that provides a simple single function such as playing a noise or displaying a graphic. ("Excluded App"). To be eligible, the App must (a) comply with these Official Terms and Conditions; (b) comply with the BlackBerry App World Vendor Guidelines ("Guidelines"); (c) be newly created on BBAW during the Program Period or submitted as a new release during the Program Period; (d) have been submitted to BBAW during the Program Period and subsequently approved by BBAW; and, (e) be approved by Sponsor as outlined in Section 4 below. You may submit as many unique Apps as you wish but duplicates are not permitted. A free and paid version of the same App count as one (1) App and multiple languages of the same App also count as one (1) App. Sponsor reserves the right to refuse to accept Apps that are substantially similar by any Vendor.
    https://developer.blackberry.com/off...ortathonterms/
    01-19-13 11:28 AM
    What number are we at folks?
    Last edited by neteng1000; 01-19-13 at 12:07 PM.
    01-19-13 11:30 AM
    alec tweeted 9000 last night and has updated since
    01-19-13 11:40 AM
    No updates yet in the channel, or any tweets since over 10,000 but that was 11 hours ago

https://twitter.com/4ShelbysDevs/sta...11478983041024

I think it is because they are currently busy in the channel - there is 287 or so participants in the room right now - that is double what was present last weekend!
    01-19-13 11:43 AM
    Over 13,000 applications submitted with just under 12 hours to go!

(Update from Kari Zehr in the room - I'll post a tweet when possible)

There has been at least 200 people in the room since the Port-a-Thon started

Tweet from Lou - https://twitter.com/LouGazzola/statu...90214818820096
    Last edited by dietertong; 01-19-13 at 11:51 AM. Reason: Added tweet
    01-19-13 11:50 AM
    Quantity is all good and necessary for brag value during launch but hope it won't turn off developers who were hoping for better visibility of their apps in a new platform. Will there be a dedicated app world team that will test, promote and push up the better apps?

Sent from my LT26i using Tapatalk 2
    01-19-13 12:15 PM
    Wow. No one is forcigg you to download bad apps. I assure you these portathons will also bring good apps that we would not have. seen if rim did not hold these events.

Sent from my BlackBerry Laguna using Tapatalk 2
    01-19-13 12:24 PM
    Quantity is all good and necessary for brag value during launch but hope it won't turn off developers who were hoping for better visibility of their apps in a new platform. Will there be a dedicated app world team that will test, promote and push up the better apps?

Sent from my LT26i using Tapatalk 2
    There's the Built for Bb10 program that you can apply for if your app meets the requirements.
    01-19-13 12:24 PM
    Over 13,000 applications submitted with just under 12 hours to go!

(Update from Kari Zehr in the room - I'll post a tweet when possible)

There has been at least 200 people in the room since the Port-a-Thon started

Tweet from Lou - https://twitter.com/LouGazzola/statu...90214818820096
    Looks like app submission volume died down during the night. At the current rate, we're on target for 20,000 apps by midnight
    01-19-13 12:32 PM
    01-19-13 12:34 PM
111 1234 ...