This is probably the most random post ever but iv just found it out and some of you might think its pretty cool or usefull in some way? I was playing around with a red laser pen and I pointed it at my curve 8520's trackpad and it seems you can control the trackpad up, down, left and right with the direction of the laser pen? :L

Someone else should really try this out because it works!

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    10-02-10 01:44 PM
    Could this somehow damage the trackpad? I have no clue just wondering

10-02-10 01:54 PM
    I'm not sure, I think it has something to do with the laser pen creating heat and the trackpad is heat sensitive, but I suppose its a cheap way of a wireless trackpad haha

10-02-10 02:43 PM
    To my knowledge, the trackpad senses light and dark areas on its surface and this is how it knows which direction to move. There was an article a while back that indicated that the trackpad could theorectically be used to scan a person's fingerprint since it would detect the ridges on them based on shadows or some junk like that.
    10-02-10 02:52 PM
    To my knowledge, the trackpad senses light and dark areas on its surface and this is how it knows which direction to move. There was an article a while back that indicated that the trackpad could theorectically be used to scan a person's fingerprint since it would detect the ridges on them based on shadows or some junk like that.

Inside the Trackpad: a BlackBerry Science Lesson | Inside BlackBerry
    10-02-10 02:53 PM
    I would be interested in experimenting if I knew the laser (I have red and green) would not burn out whatever sensor is located beneath the trackpad's surface.
    10-02-10 04:57 PM
    never knew it was a low resolution high-speed camera

10-02-10 05:41 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD