Hello. Time to replace my blackberry curve. IS the OS 7 a better browsing expierance than OS 5 ??( on my curve 83350, the Ford pinto of blackberrys!!! )

IE Flash player, or do I go to a andriod based phone.

Thanks
    09-17-11 06:18 PM
    OS7 browser does not support Flash.

Here's a good video comparison of browsers:
    http://forums.crackberry.com/blackbe...ootout-647024/
    Last edited by chrisy520; 09-17-11 at 06:23 PM.
    09-17-11 06:20 PM
    Yikes. I know the I phone 4 is a no go with flash, I want a phone that I can use to view web pages, the big ***** with my curve is I can't see flash supported web sites, if the new BB OS can't support it, then I will have to get into a Andriod based phone.

I'm not into the touch screan's, pinch and peal, ect, And I have no use for tablets, Really dumb that a black berry tablet can support flash, but thier phones can't.

All the basic of features of the black berry phones, I really like, but web pages are more importnat.
    09-17-11 07:19 PM
    I hear ya. I switch away from BlackBerry for that exact reason. I needed a good browser. I use it a lot. I visit full websites, and a lot have Flash content. The BlackBerry browser on OS5 and OS6 is crap, so I went Android.

Blackberry QNX devices are going to have Flash browser, but who knows when that will be.

I'm happy with my Android browser, it's awesome! I do miss some aspects of BlackBerry though.

I am considering a 9930 in Jan '12 but not sure I can function with its browser.

If you want to stay BlackBerry, I suggest getting a PlayBook that you can bridge. That way you'll have a good browser. Two devices, yes. But at least a great browser and a BB.
    09-17-11 07:25 PM
    BlackBerry OS7 Devices do not support flash, BUT Youtube is supported if that is your main reason for wanting flash.

as for the Browsing experience, I have found it to be beautiful on OS7 devices, it wasn't TERRIBLE on the Torch 9800, but the 9900 is actually enjoyable to surf on when I can't break out the PlayBook or Laptop.

BUT my browsing experience is very much limited to links I am sent in BBM
    Company website
    Google news
    Globe and Mail
    Crackberry

I don't go onto many image intensive sites
    09-17-11 07:29 PM
    New BB 9900 bold replaced my 8350 curve. 85% happy!!!!
    10-01-11 07:45 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD