Its a blackberry of course it looks better
    11-24-12 02:23 AM
    London that we always see within the internet is evaluation handset a.k.a Engineering Unit. I also has Onyx 1 (9700) EU which still uses trackball instead of trackpad as we see at the market. There will be some changes to London for the commercial unit. But I don't have any information how and what are differences between EU and CU. Still trying to sniff and peek from one of friend for this info, heee
    Thanks for this info. I hope they gonna sex up the hardware. Those gaps at the top and bottom of the device are weird looking, as is that bezel around the screen...that needs to be hidden.
    11-24-12 05:21 AM
    Well I think it looks far better then anything out there, I think the Iphone looks dated with its hardware button and I dont like any of the android phone designs because I find them all to be too big well for the most part. I think it is probably a safe bet to say that this is what the retail version is going to look like.
    11-24-12 11:09 AM
    After some investigation, I can confirm that this specific "Al-Watan" newspaper is from Oman.

My apologies, you are correct
    11-24-12 12:37 PM
    The L series looks much more professional. I wouldn't dare put this Lumia next to me on the table in a business meeting, looks kinda childish with the huge font for the date. The L series looks sober and much classier.
    I agree completely. I am glad that BlackBerry, at least as far as I know, is staying away from bright, attention-grabbing colours.
    11-24-12 03:08 PM
    Does anyone knows the screen size (display) of the L-series???
    I think the Lumia 820 is 4.3" ...
    The 9860 is 3.7" and I am really looking for a bigger display
    The spec on the Lumia 820 is said to be 4.3". The L series 4.2". But doesn't the L series look noticeably bigger? Looks more like 4.5"
    11-24-12 05:12 PM
    The spec on the Lumia 820 is said to be 4.3". The L series 4.2". But doesn't the L series look noticeably bigger? Looks more like 4.5"
    Well objects do look bigger in the mirror but in this case,a camera.
    sf49ers likes this.
    11-24-12 05:27 PM
    L series looks too aesthetically unappealing... why are there gaps between the screen and top and bottom bezels.

Nokia looks much better and it comes in black.
    11-24-12 08:18 PM
    I agree completely. I am glad that BlackBerry, at least as far as I know, is staying away from bright, attention-grabbing colours.
    The Lumia comes in different colors...including Black so you can satisfy that part of you that cares deeply if others will judge you based on your phone.

You should be rooting for RIM to provide more CHOICE to grab more consumers who need variety.
    11-25-12 09:18 AM
    I love how everyone assumes that what we are seeing in these pics is how the device you buy will look. RIM knew that once these went to carrier testing and business customer testing that pics and leaks would run rampant. Let's compare GA hardware to GA hardware at the end of January.
    11-25-12 03:21 PM
    I love how everyone assumes that what we are seeing in these pics is how the device you buy will look. RIM knew that once these went to carrier testing and business customer testing that pics and leaks would run rampant. Let's compare GA hardware to GA hardware at the end of January.
    Gonna be the same
    11-25-12 04:55 PM
    so appearantly inthemix9 works for RIM
    go ahead, ask him anything

no, really... im glad someone so knowledgable like yourself is sharing all his wisdom with the rest of us
    so was wondering: will there be skype for BB 10? im sure you know the answer, inthemix9
    11-25-12 05:01 PM
    so appearantly inthemix9 works for RIM
    go ahead, ask him anything

no, really... im glad someone so knowledgable like yourself is sharing all his wisdom with the rest of us
    so was wondering: will there be skype for BB 10? im sure you know the answer, inthemix9
    No there will not, next?
    11-25-12 05:06 PM
    when you see him reply, don't expect he'll say anything good about rim although i agree with him sometimes.
    let's assume the dab spec and the final spec are the same, what smart consumers care is the user experience. hardware spec is mostly a marketing scheme.

Sent from my BlackBerry 9790 using Tapatalk
    calicocat2010 likes this.
    11-25-12 05:08 PM
    The Lumia comes in different colors...including Black so you can satisfy that part of you that cares deeply if others will judge you based on your phone.

You should be rooting for RIM to provide more CHOICE to grab more consumers who need variety.
    Very true
    11-25-12 05:12 PM
    I always thought BB should have a "Berry Series" Black of course, Blue Berry, Raspberry, Strawberry, with coordinating colors of course. This way they will appeal to guys and girls
    11-25-12 05:20 PM
    I always thought BB should have a "Berry Series" Black of course, Blue Berry, Raspberry, Strawberry, with coordinating colors of course. This way they will appeal to guys and girls
    Don't forget cranberry and boisonberry
    11-25-12 05:24 PM
    Don't forget cranberry and boisonberry
    I forgot about cranberry, but not sure what color boisonberry is
    11-25-12 05:51 PM
    Lumia 820 is available in more colors
    If I remember correctly Thorsten said a while ago that the devices would feature colors never before seen on a BlackBerry, I'm guessing they will still stay on the more 'staid/professional' side of the palette but still makes one wonder . . .
    11-25-12 06:00 PM
    I spelled it wrong

It boysenberry; mix between raspberry and blackberry

Can be light to dark red purple black
    11-25-12 06:07 PM
    DingleBerry
    11-25-12 06:50 PM
    I would love to get that L series phone in white. I've always gotten a black berry but with BB10 I would make an exception.
    11-25-12 07:46 PM
    I spelled it wrong

It boysenberry; mix between raspberry and blackberry

Can be light to dark red purple black
    And I spelled it incorrectly too, following suit. Now that makes me look bad! LOL
    11-25-12 08:00 PM
    And I spelled it incorrectly too, following suit. Now that makes me look bad! LOL
    Haha not at all its a mysterious.. fruit?
    11-25-12 08:02 PM

Good point and well-said. I think the point that I am trying to express is that I like the idea of a well-made, sturdy, professional and somewhat "classy" phone versus something that tries to get your attention by simply being loud and in-your-face, so to speak.
    11-25-12 08:59 PM
85 1234