I saw this on instagram. The guy who posted this was replying to comments regarding the L-series and how it felt using it while he was testing it. He said it was very buggy. That kinda surprised me because BB10 has been in development for a long time(2 years if i'm correct). Why is it still significantly buggy in The 3rd week of November(70 days from launch)?

note: He said both of those were given to him for work/testing.
    note2: He said L-series is dropping in January(he might have been referring to the launch).

EDIT: I hope that update proves to solve the bugs being experienced.
    recent demos of the phone on videos don't show it to be buggy (apart from the gesture fails, but maybe that's the casing around the dev alpha)... maybe its buggy because his l-series is running an older version of bb10....

RIM cannot afford to make such mistakes at launch,,,, I reckon the devices smoothness will be just fine.....
    11-23-12 05:53 AM
    recent demos of the phone on videos don't show it to be buggy (apart from the gesture fails, but maybe that's the casing around the dev alpha)... maybe its buggy because his l-series is running an older version of bb10....

RIM cannot afford to make such mistakes at launch,,,, I reckon the devices smoothness will be just fine.....
    Exactly. Who cares what some guy on Instagram said about the phone. Look at the 10 minute video posted a week or so ago. Zero bugs. And I'm sure the software is only getting better everyday.

Just like with financial analysts, who really cares what 1 guy thinks. There are few exceptions. Two of which being Thorsten Heins and CB Nation's fearless leader.
    BB12MX and peter9477 like this.
    11-23-12 10:33 AM
    Does anyone knows the screen size (display) of the L-series???
    I think the Lumia 820 is 4.3" ...
    The 9860 is 3.7" and I am really looking for a bigger display
    11-23-12 10:44 AM
    Does anyone knows the screen size of the L-series???
    I think the Lumia 820 is 4.3" ...
    It should be 4.19" but a much higher resolution at 1280 x 768.
    11-23-12 10:48 AM
    Lumia looks way better an sharper..
    11-23-12 10:48 AM
    Never mind, just found an article about the specs ... maybe is not updated but I think for me 4.2" display is ok

The spec sheet claims the BB10 London has a 4.2″ display running at 1280�768 resolution, with an 8-Megapixel camera, microSD card support, something RIM is calling “Face Detect” and your usual Wi-Fi, Bluetooth and DLNA connectivity options.
    11-23-12 10:53 AM
    That isn't a launch device... That is the Evolution device.
    EVALUATION device, not evolution.

Then again, in terms of BB10.....
    Dougielas likes this.
    11-23-12 10:57 AM
    I think the 4.2" display size is a sweet spot, although for my personal taste I'd rather have a strict 4" screen. 4.2" is not to small, nor too large. It should appeal to quite some people in terms of size. Of course there will always be people who'd like to see 4.8", or maybe even 5" screens or people who'd like sub-4" screens. You can't make everyone happy. However this is in a good position.
    BB12MX and convenor like this.
    11-23-12 11:04 AM
    I agree with you, not everybody will be happy with the display size =P

My husband has a S2 that has a 4.3" display and I am always like mmm I would like a display like that, but he is also looking for a bigger display as 5" because he is always reading news and I am only reading lots of emails ...

Not everything works for everybody =)
    11-23-12 11:16 AM
    That isn't a launch device... That is the Evaluation device.
    Not sure what that means, it is the launch device...
    11-23-12 11:28 AM
    I agree with you, not everybody will be happy with the display size =P

My husband has a S2 that has a 4.3" display and I am always like mmm I would like a display like that, but he is also looking for a bigger display as 5" because he is always reading news and I am only reading lots of emails ...

Not everything works for everybody =)
    Yup, and on the opposite end of the spectrum, it's too big for me. I'm finding the iphone5 4" screen to be a bit too big. 3.5 is my sweet spot for a full touch screen.
    11-23-12 11:42 AM
    Admittingly, Nokia Lumia always looked quite nice but comparing an evaluation unit to an official released form isn't quite a fair comparison...even so, L-series does hold its own quite well in this picture. I don't need such large time/date fonts as shown on the Lumia, and I also notice how exceptionally small the notification icon is on the Lumia compared to L-series. The extra screen space on the L-series is good for displaying my wallpapers. It's kind of funny how these side-by-side comparisons always show the L-series with a standard background. I would wonder why the owner didn't jazz it up with a nicer background; I'd thought that would often be among the first thing users would do with their new device (at least, I do).

All this makes me really look forward to seeing what the official hardware will be...and I hope RIM will blow me away with it.
    11-23-12 12:15 PM
    I believe thats an Egyptian newspaper. Interesting!!
    11-23-12 12:35 PM
    I do like the look of the Windows lock screen better because it 'feels' more modern; I can't put my finger on why, but the date/time formatting is a big factor. It's also obvious that BlackBerry is more focused on notifications: look at the prominence of the notification icons on BB10 vs. WP8.

I'm unsurprised (but pretty worried) to hear that the OS is still buggy. I've noticed a variety of bugs in the demos I've seen, from UI and browser rendering quirks to jitters in transitions to... I'm sure there are more, and I hope they get ironed out before release.
    11-23-12 12:43 PM
    We should be comparing the L series to the 920, not 820, but I guess I can't argue with the photographer
    11-23-12 01:16 PM
    That isn't a launch device... That is the Evaluation device.
    Fecking how many non launch devices are there??? Has anyone seen the launch device??? I really hope it's not the one on the picture next to that yellow phone from Finland.
    11-23-12 01:56 PM
    I believe thats an Egyptian newspaper. Interesting!!
    After some investigation, I can confirm that this specific "Al-Watan" newspaper is from Oman.
    11-23-12 02:25 PM
    I'm unsurprised (but pretty worried) to hear that the OS is still buggy. I've noticed a variety of bugs in the demos I've seen, from UI and browser rendering quirks to jitters in transitions to... I'm sure there are more, and I hope they get ironed out before release.
    Yeah, I wouldn't be too critical of the blogger who called the OS buggy. From the demos I've seen, the OS is quite smooth transitioning from the Hub to the active frames; but, that's all we really see most of the time.

There are things the demonstrators avoid like the plague like opening an app or web browsing. The very few instances I've seen of that, BB10 appears quite laggy.

Hopefully, RIM smoothes out the issues by launch. They still have a month!
    11-23-12 04:34 PM
    In a recent interview, I have the device and I cant show it.. that leaves me to believe this isn't likely to be the end product? But who knows

Read Question #6, well read the entire thing...

10 Questions with BlackBerry's new Chief Operating Officer, Kristian Tear | CrackBerry.com
    11-23-12 07:52 PM
    Fecking how many non launch devices are there??? Has anyone seen the launch device??? I really hope it's not the one on the picture next to that yellow phone from Finland.
    I am also confused as was pointed out in a previous post about why I was comparing the dev alpha to the L series. I am very interested to see the final device but being this close to launch I believe this is the final hardware. The understated look is subtle but not eye catching in my opinion so marketing the OS and its capabilities is a must to attract people who would normally bypass a Blackberry even if it is something new. I'm hoping RIM will add some brushed aluminum around the edges or some distinct high quality design feature to differentiate the phone from the sea of phones coming out after CES.
    11-23-12 09:29 PM
    There is no such thing as the "L-Series". There's BlackBerry 10 Full Touch and BlackBerry 10 Qwerty. You are all being deceived.
    11-23-12 09:39 PM
    Not sure what that means, it is the launch device...
    London that we always see within the internet is evaluation handset a.k.a Engineering Unit. I also has Onyx 1 (9700) EU which still uses trackball instead of trackpad as we see at the market. There will be some changes to London for the commercial unit. But I don't have any information how and what are differences between EU and CU. Still trying to sniff and peek from one of friend for this info, heee
    sydsam likes this.
    11-23-12 09:43 PM
    Both phone look great but Jan 30 has capture my heart
    11-23-12 10:34 PM
    The L series looks much more professional. I wouldn't dare put this Lumia next to me on the table in a business meeting, looks kinda childish with the huge font for the date. The L series looks sober and much classier.
    Bobert_123 likes this.
    11-24-12 12:36 AM
    The important part is the feel in the hand, it has the Playbook like rubber feel on the back makes it feel very solid in your hand. Yes that is the L series, yes it feels awesome, you will be impressed by the way it feels in your hand.
    11-24-12 02:05 AM
85 1234