Personally i like the qwerty blackberries over the full touch ones, this is why i currently own a bold 9900, but the new bb10 OS seem to be more "complete" experience on a full touch screen phone don't you agree? seem like a lot of qwerty users will convert to full touch when the L series phone will come out, and some will just stay loyal and buy the N series instead, but did anyone forget about the M-series? it suppose to be the "Torch" version of BB10 (including a full touch and a qwerty), yes it will come LATER after the N and the L will release but hey, wouldn't it be more "worth it"? imagine playing games on 16:9 touch screen and then pausing the game and sliding out the qwerty keyboard and answer your bbm message? that will be siickk !! no compromising at all !!

what do you guys think?
    amjass12 likes this.
    09-23-12 10:24 PM
    Remember when the Milan got scrapped? What did I say at that time? - BlackBerry 'Milan' scrapped due to hardware concerns? | CrackBerry.com

"Don't be surprised if you see a device similar in design arrive from RIM in 2012."

The year is off now due to the delay, but.. fact remains.
    09-23-12 10:32 PM
    Too bad we didn't even get to see a leaked image of it, to be honest on the day the bold 9900 was released i was sitting in the Best Buy store and thinking to myself, maybe i should get the torch 9810? the specs were almost the same (if im not wrong) and the touch screen suppose to be more responsive compared to the first torch no? A BB10 slider will be the ultimate phone for many of us crackberry users

This time i will have extremely hard time figuring out which device is right for me :/
    Last edited by Pegon_Fighter; 09-23-12 at 10:49 PM.
    09-23-12 10:41 PM
    First off I think OP meant to title thread "... coming out next year" due to infamous delay Bla1ze mentioned.

The general feeling seems to be that the so-called M series has been mothballed. I'd love to see a well-done BB10 slider with keyboard width akin to 9900 or N series, so hopefully Bla1ze's "prophecy" comes true.

And there's also R series, which would be the Curve of BB10 lineup.
    09-23-12 10:52 PM
    ... This time i will have extremely hard time figuring out which device is right for me :/
    Just mentioned in different thread this weekend how I took couple months to upgrade since I couldn't decide between 9900 or 9810 to replace my 9800.

It's too bad N series will be as high as 9900 instead of having a higher screen.
    (i.e. instead of 720x720, maybe N series standard could have been 720x1024 for example.)
    That form factor with rectangular portrait screen, plus add ability to go landscape (sideways) with virtual keyboard, and you'd have a real winner. That would be my full-qwerty dream phone, I guess!
    09-23-12 10:59 PM
    I have a Torch 9810 and I typed using the touch screen for a bit initially, and even though the predictive texting and autocorrect was really good (i didn't even have to type the exact letter as long as the letter was close to where I was typing), I eventually went back to using the keypad so I think a full touch screen might not work for me. I might consider the bold version of the BB10, but I still like the bigger screen on the Torch.

I use the touchscreen for navigation and the keypad for typing so I get the best of both worlds.
    One thing I hate about the slider phone is how it is hard to slide the phone out sometimes. There is no notch to puch on, especially with the way the front of the screen is angled. It really has a solid feel to it and requires some force to slide out the keypad. I guess this could be a pro or con since my friend who has one of those nokia horizontal keypads that slide out, complains about the opposite and how the keypad on his phone slides out too easily.

If a slider version of the BB10 is being released mid next year I might wait a bit, otherwise I'll probably sign myself onto a Tab to get the BB10. I hope all carriers will get it, especially some of the newer/smaller companies in Canada like WIND, Mobilicity, and Public Mobile.
    09-23-12 11:03 PM
    Right after BB10 is on the playbook I would buy this if it exists. Have been thinking of getting a 9810 to hold me over till BB10 as the eyes are starting to go and with 9700 screen size it is getting harder to read some of the smaller text lol. The best of both worlds is a good concept if it is done properly. idrool.
    Last edited by nnomad; 09-23-12 at 11:21 PM.
    09-23-12 11:04 PM
    Can't see smaller providers carrying top of the line phones. A bunch of them don't even carry the current crop of high end handsets; besides, some of their comprehensive plans are terrible. That said, choice is good.
    09-23-12 11:37 PM
    I do love the 98XX series and potential of the M series

It all comes down to how good the L series virtual keyboard.
    09-24-12 12:13 AM
    I have a Torch 9810...
    One thing I hate about the slider phone is how it is hard to slide the phone out sometimes. There is no notch to puch on, especially with the way the front of the screen is angled. It really has a solid feel to it and requires some force to slide out the keypad. I guess this could be a pro or con since my friend who has one of those nokia horizontal keypads that slide out, complains about the opposite and how the keypad on his phone slides out too easily.
    I also have the 9810. I respectfully disagree about the slide mechanism being too hard. I think it's just right. (just the way I like my pourage! lolol)

Pressing down and up with your thumb on the bottom metal trim, where the carrier name is placed, will easily open the device. Almost as if your snapping your fingers. And I love the "rubberbanding" feel of the mechanism. I've never had the device accidentally open or close on me.
    09-24-12 12:46 AM
    Right after BB10 is on the playbook I would buy this if it exists. Have been thinking of getting a 9810 to hold me over till BB10 as the eyes are starting to go and with 9700 screen size it is getting harder to read some of the smaller text lol. The best of both worlds is a good concept if it is done properly. idrool.
    My parents had this problem too. Certainly going to a bigger screen is one option, but you could also adjust the display settings from the option menu. You can make text bigger and even make the icons larger. If you're on Crackberry I suspect you can figure out how to do this yourself, but if you want more detailed guidance feel free to reach out.
    09-24-12 12:49 AM
    Ive had my used 9810 for a quarter, and it opens when I want, touch screens when I want, and subjectively is as fast as my Android 2.3
    09-24-12 02:01 AM
    Ftr.. L-Series, N-Series, M-Series, R-Series and A-Series.. That's all of them.
    09-24-12 05:41 AM
    Ftr.. L-Series, N-Series, M-Series, R-Series and A-Series.. That's all of them.
    Only 5 though?
    Interesting...
    09-24-12 05:55 AM
    Full touchscreen, qwerty, slider, mid range (curve)... What would the A series be? Haven't heard of the R or A series before today...
    09-24-12 06:06 AM
    Full touchscreen, qwerty, slider, mid range (curve)... What would the A series be? Haven't heard of the R or A series before today...
    Again, no one listens. lol.

Everyone likes to hop on the rumors "of the moment" and slides from MONTHS old slides of already known devices but everyone fails to look at the bigger picture.

http://forums.crackberry.com/showthread.php?t=736190
    09-24-12 06:12 AM
    There are only going to be 2 phone styles. Full screen touch and QWERTY phones with 720X720 touch screens.
    There will be 3 different price points for each style.
    Not sure what the difference will be between the price points. Maybe storage. Hopefully not CPU speed.
    09-24-12 06:50 AM
    Only 5 though?
    Interesting...
    Were you expecting 26 to cover the entire Latin alphabet? A-Series, B-Series, C-Series,...L-Series, M-Series,...,R-Series,...Z-Series. Really?
    09-24-12 08:21 AM
    Were you expecting 26 to cover the entire Latin alphabet? A-Series, B-Series, C-Series,...L-Series, M-Series,...,R-Series,...Z-Series. Really?
    Off to a positive start this week?
    09-24-12 08:40 AM
    I've posted this before, but this is what I'm hoping for.
    metz9444, bungaboy and DINGSTER1 like this.
    09-24-12 08:45 AM
    A series... the very first BB horizontal keyboard phone
    09-24-12 08:54 AM
    Off to a positive start this week?
    Sometimes you have to smack down a stupid comment. Not your comment, but the comment to which I was replying. Now go back to RIM prayer service before the Cardinal notices your absence. LOL
    09-24-12 09:00 AM
    I've posted this before, but this is what I'm hoping for.
    Yep, the design of the concept BlackBerry smartphone would definitely garner positive attention from the media and consumers. I would buy that smartphone in a heartbeat and have the best of all-touch and physical keyboard in a compact package. I am wiling to go out on a limb and say if RIM launched a smartphone with that form-factor my faith in their product development capability and in the company might be restored.
    09-24-12 09:06 AM
    God please let it be the 'Blade'. I think I am pretty set on the L-Series (coming from a 9900) because I think the new virtual keyboard will have enough awesome, but if the blade came out I think I would be a happily tortured soul.
    DINGSTER1 likes this.
    09-24-12 09:15 AM
    Sometimes you have to smack down a stupid comment. Not your comment, but the comment to which I was replying. Now go back to RIM prayer service before the Cardinal notices your absence. LOL
    Why do you think you have the right to suggest someone else's post is "stupid"?
    09-24-12 09:19 AM
33 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD