I just got off the elevator at work, where I was talking to a guy who dropped his BB as he was getting off earlier this morning. He missed his holster and his 8310 dropped between the elevator doors (that little gap) and it fell 5 stories to its doom...in the building basement.

He went down to get it, figuring it would be in pieces and to his surprise; nothing had happed to it, other than some scrapes and scratches. Evidence of a well-built BlackBerry!

Man, I'd look at my old HTC phones cross-eyed and they would split in two!
    11-06-08 10:36 AM
    5 stories?!? Holy crap. I thought it was bad when I drop mine like 4 feet.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    11-06-08 10:44 AM
    dang, id almost cry if i did that..
    11-06-08 10:44 AM
    I've got an old 8100 at the house and the thought occured... nah, I'd cry too even if I "accidently" did the same thing. And my office is on the 14th floor!
    11-06-08 11:13 AM
    Wow what a drop. Just like a timex.
    11-06-08 11:23 AM
    FIVE stories?! WOW that IS impressive!!
    11-06-08 11:27 AM
    if it was me, i would cry...5 stories??? INSANE!
    11-06-08 12:52 PM
    It probably landed on a rat in the basement. Suffering from a broken spine and internal injuries the rat limped away to a dark corner to die. Way to go!
    11-06-08 12:56 PM
    I know they tough the Sales Rep who sold my Uncle his Curve said watch this took his personal Blackberry and threw it across the store my uncle said it hit on the corner and did 3 flips before face planting on the floor. Now it's carpeted I know but I get mad if my wife accidently knocks my berry off the bed. I have bad luck with phones and falls.
    11-06-08 01:28 PM
    Perfect ending to the story johnson.

11-06-08 01:29 PM
    It probably landed on a rat in the basement. Suffering from a broken spine and internal injuries the rat limped away to a dark corner to die. Way to go!
    Too funny!
    11-06-08 01:38 PM
    Wow I didn't think the crack in the elevator was that wide. I guess all elevators are different.

11-06-08 01:49 PM
    I just got off the elevator at work, where I was talking to a guy who dropped his BB as he was getting off earlier this morning. He missed his holster and his 8310 dropped between the elevator doors (that little gap) and it fell 5 stories to its doom...in the building basement.

He went down to get it, figuring it would be in pieces and to his surprise; nothing had happed to it, other than some scrapes and scratches. Evidence of a well-built BlackBerry!

Man, I'd look at my old HTC phones cross-eyed and they would split in two!
    That sounds like a story he should send to RIM, I'm sure they'd LOVE to hear something like that......
    11-06-08 01:51 PM
    Wow I didn't think the crack in the elevator was that wide. I guess all elevators are different.

This building was built in the 60's and the gap is at least 2.5 - 3" wide. You can actually look down the shaft as you're getting off...the elevator.
    11-06-08 01:51 PM
    This building was built in the 60's and the gap is at least 2.5 - 3" wide. You can actually look down the shaft as you're getting off...the elevator.
    thats creepy....
    11-06-08 02:28 PM
    That is amazing! But how is it that I drop mine 3 feet, the back door goes flying, battery goes the other direction and now my camera is broken???
    And he drops his 5 stories??
    11-06-08 03:09 PM
    Did the person he was talking to hang up?
    11-06-08 03:24 PM
    i dropped my phone outside one time out of my hand on the concrete and it survived. only had a couple very tiny scratches on it. not to mention at the time i did not have a screen protector or rubber casing on it.
    11-06-08 03:33 PM
    I tend to get drunk and throw mine across rooms. usually the case comes open. last time it scratched the screen. that's how I figured out the best skin ever is truly the best skin ever. kudos to both
    11-06-08 04:06 PM
    Wow! I just dropped mine for the first time today (like 4 feet) and freaked out, fearing I'd crack the screen or scuff up the back, and there seemed to be no effect on the Curve whatsoever. Contrast this to my old SLIVR, dropped it once and the screen shattered.
    11-06-08 09:18 PM
    Insane! I get teary when it falls from my bed to my carpet. :'(
    11-07-08 01:09 AM
    Did the person he was talking to hang up?
    If they didn't, they might have been yelling on the way down, "ahhhhhhhhh!!", LOL
    11-07-08 02:45 AM
    dang, id almost cry if i did that..

cause u have a 9000 .. try and count the pieces .. i didnt think soo ..
    11-07-08 04:21 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD