Wind and Mobilicity are off the table. I do travel a bit and would like the peace of mind of having no long distance charges at all and not worry about being in a Wind zone or whatever.
    01-29-13 07:54 AM
    I pay $56 for 2Gb data and unlimited canada wide calling as well as unlimited everything else. Also includes cd,vm ect
    01-29-13 07:54 AM
    I pay $56 for 2Gb data and unlimited canada wide calling as well as unlimited everything else. Also includes cd,vm ect
    ...with Koodo (which is on the Telus network)
    01-29-13 08:00 AM
    ^Yah that's an awesome deal that was going around during xmas. I'll probably go for the $45 plan that's on right now.
    01-29-13 08:09 AM
    ^Yah that's an awesome deal that was going around during xmas. I'll probably go for the $45 plan that's on right now.
    It is a great plan. If you keep an eye on their site you will see deals pop up here and there for a few weeks at a time. They had a great 4gb deal on a month or so ago.
    01-29-13 08:14 AM
    ^If I get a regular plan now and then some awesome deal pops up can I change to that plan without any penalties? Is there a wait period or something where you can change your plan or have to pay to change or anything?
    01-29-13 08:16 AM
    ^If I get a regular plan now and then some awesome deal pops up can I change to that plan without any penalties? Is there a wait period or something where you can change your plan or have to pay to change or anything?
    I don't recall about Virgin but with Koodo you are allowed one plan change per month. And when I was on the 57 dollar plan when it dropped to 56 they automatically switched me.

I have a line with Bell, Rogers, Virgin and Koodo. When I am in Milton I get the best reception with Koodo/Telus and then Bell is second. Rogers/fido sucks for service there. I travel along the 401 from Cambridge to Markham area and in my usage I have found Koodo to be the best.
    01-29-13 08:25 AM
    OK so Koodo is probably better since their off contract pricing is lower at $550 and you can use any plan unlike virgin where you can only use platinum plans.
    01-30-13 03:10 PM
    I got that too! It's bloody awesome!

I never want to leave Koodo, but I'm not ready to pay +$500 to upgrade to BB10 (I still have a tab)

That being said, I've been burned by Bell quite often and their tech support is horrible (when i was trying to figure out why when my friend on bell text me it went to my old number, bell tried to scare me saying I royally screwed up the phone number transfer and that i was going to lose my number; and Koodo reps explained that it will be sorted out in the next few hours. Guess who was right?)
    Bell bought Virgin, and it seems that they're "restructuring" Virgin. I doubt their legendary customer support exists anymore.
    01-30-13 03:53 PM
    I've always loved Virgin, great customer service, and I've never had a problem with coverage. Koodo is probably fine too tho, havn't heard much either way.
    snaqvi91 likes this.
    01-30-13 09:02 PM
    I ended up going with koodo. So far so good.

Posted via CB10
    02-20-13 06:38 AM
36 12