The BBOS userbase is winding down. And even the BB10 userbase is dying out already.... the majority of devices where sold during that first year, now three years ago. And most of what was sold over the last year were to organizations where the devices are lock down so far.... users don't need CrackBerry for help. But they almost sold more devices that 1st full quarter than they did all of last year. Thus the userbase in shrinking pretty quickly.

As for Firesales.... I don't see it happening, inventory on devices these days are very tight. PlayBook and Z10 "firesales" were based on huge inventory needing to be written off and sold. The phase out a few devices and cut the prices on the remaining stock.... but you aren't going to see $199 Passports.
    JeepBB likes this.
    02-22-16 07:07 AM
    The drop off in traffic is noticeable, but without any device news it is understandable.
    Yup. Upcoming and rumored devices have been the main drivers of forum postings, followed by OS leaks. At the moment, we have little to work with. The Vienna, though interesting, is a rumor without legs at this point. BB10 leaks have dried up. The occasional nuggets of news, such as layoffs or market share numbers, tend to be negative.

Ironically, this may be a good time to be a developer of native BB10 apps, because when a new one comes out we all notice it, and many of us buy it just to have something new to play with. There's little competition for the spotlight.
    FF22 likes this.
    02-22-16 08:36 AM
    The Priv is a hybrid device in that it can be used as an all touch, you don't have to slide it open that's why they gave you the VKB as well. Would I like an upgrade to the Z30 be it running Android? Sure why not. That said entering a saturated android slab market with another slab wasn't going to turn any heads for BlackBerry. At least with the Priv they have some differentiation from the pack.

Posted via CB10
    While what you say is true - it is definitely a "differentiator" and does not have to be used, it adds to the weight and bulk and obviously adds to the relatively high price of the PRIV.
    02-22-16 08:42 AM
    The drop off in traffic is noticeable, but without any device news it is understandable. I am hoping, against my better judgement, for handset news out of Barcelona this week. But realistically, I am waiting for news of the Passport & Classic fire sale in a couple months, reminiscent of the Playbook liquidation years ago.

Posted via CB10
    I'm not sure that I would have liked the bulk of the Passport as I take my phones biking, hiking and cross-country skiing but being on Verizon I can't even consider the Passport - never released for the Verizon system.
    02-22-16 08:45 AM
    While what you say is true - it is definitely a "differentiator" and does not have to be used, it adds to the weight and bulk and obviously adds to the relatively high price of the PRIV.
    I won't argue that. I just think they were trying to kill two birds with one stone.

Posted via CB10
    02-22-16 09:16 AM
    I have been checking Android Central every often, I have noticed that lots of manufacturers are running Android, ZTE Huawei Samsung LG and these guys are realising often versus BlackBerry, one company releasing once a year if at all. I am sure Windows Central also collaborate Windows 10 and PC world plus whatever gadget they roll out, I.Would assume I more is the same with IPHONE I pad etc

Posted via the CrackBerry App for Android
    02-22-16 09:37 AM
    There's no " selling " of Crackberry anymore. Without official corporate news there is nothing worth talking about or putting on the front page it seems. Feature reminders and how BlackBerry10 shines would be great but still.....nothing. Team Crackberry should start posting up more BB10 articles about anything. It would make our checks here better.

Posted from a wireless charging Passport. Get one!
    There is actually quite a bit going on with BlackBerry right now, just that none of it is relating to handsets. On Android Central, the site is not limited to just Android--it is full of pretty much anything relating to Google in general. Plus they do a lot of tech news and opinions not necessarily related to Google or Android. On Windows Central, the same but with MS--lots of stuff concerning the Xbox, laptops, etc. Same with iMore--all things Apple, including something like AppleTV. But those sites have always been like that. CrackBerry was mostly about the phones and OS as that is what RIM was pretty much only about. Even with Playbook and BB10, it was still about the hardware and OS. We also had leaks galore. Bottom line is that most around here simply do not care for AtHoc or Good. Or QNX, for the most part. They are not consumer products like VR googles, gaming consoles, or smartwatches.

CrackBerry is at an advantage here, however; they are in the best position to become the largest source of all things BlackBerry. I also think it would be nice if we see more editorials on the front page like the rest of Mobile Nations does.

Rest assured though, once Marshmallow rolls out, and definitely if we see more leaks, things will pick up. BlackBerry has changed, so must CrackBerry...

Ironically, I posted a similar thread perhaps 6 months ago...
    02-22-16 09:42 AM
    Back on topic, the OP is definitely not wrong. These are daily page views from Quantcast:

Knock knock, sure been quiet on CB lately-crackberrypageviewsquantcast1.png
    02-22-16 09:43 AM
    Too busy enjoying using our BlackBerries.
    02-22-16 09:45 AM
    it adds to the weight and bulk and obviously adds to the relatively high price of the PRIV.
    True.

I must say they did a pretty good job though. The added 50% thickness to accommodate the slider mechanism only adds just over 20% of the weight (both compared to a LG G4). And the curved edges make it seem a lot thinner than it is. I prefer holding it to almost any other Android phone.
    FF22 likes this.
    02-22-16 09:50 AM
    I'm usually a year behind when I do upgrade a BB phone. Don't rush anything (well, other than a custom bicycle!). But, definitely no rush as Verizon is still twiddling its thumbs. And the price will be too high unless I can get one from a private seller who has upgraded but does not want it. That's what I did for my Z30 and the Z10 before that. The private route means I can keep my UNlimited data plan.

Not that I'm sure I will opt for the Priv over other Android devices, if I even opt for Android.

But trying to keep current and read the comments pro/con.
    02-22-16 11:49 AM
    BlackBerry devices are on their way out. Increasing quantities of tumbleweed are expected.
    02-22-16 11:56 AM
    BlackBerry devices are on their way out. Increasing quantities of tumbleweed are expected.
    Are you calling me old?
    BergerKing, rarsen and dejanh like this.
    02-22-16 01:02 PM
    As Blackberry users leave the platform, i mean what are they at now 0.2% there's not doubt it will be reflected here. Lot's of users need to upgrade their phones like me, which i'm still on my z30 but will absolute not be moving to the Priv. Imho is ugly and I can't stand the slider idea and it's running a version of Android that I can't control and install cyanogenmod on top of to actually control what the apps can and can't access, and last by not least I don't want Google anymore in my life than it has to be.

I'm sure if Crackberry.com posted their official page views every month for the last 3 years it would probably be an overall downward trajectory.
    acovey likes this.
    02-22-16 01:37 PM
    I think that majority of folks have become fed up with 'BB10 is dead' threads and discussions about where it all went wrong for BlackBerry...

Q10 - 10.3.2.2876/SR .2836  < α∂∂ι�т > 
    That's for sure!

ClassicSQC100-3/10.3.2.858
    acovey and bh7171 like this.
    02-22-16 04:00 PM
    Chen has killed CB and many many BlackVerry 10 users. CB is becoming boring with the BB android crap talk.

  
    acovey likes this.
    02-22-16 08:46 PM
    Not sure if it has been done but why not do an editorial or show how people use their BlackBerry devices.

Posted via CB10
    02-22-16 08:53 PM
    Chen has killed CB and many many BlackVerry 10 users. CB is becoming boring with the BB android crap talk.

  
    I'm sure he's real sorry for trying to keep a sinking ship afloat.

Posted via CB10
    02-22-16 08:54 PM
    PKBs is clearly not the answer. It only appeals to a minority of users. If I had a dime for everyone who has been asking for an all touch device including myself, I would be a millionaire. All touch is where it's at, yet BlackBerry's Hail Mary has a slide out PKB. As I have said in previous posts, "The 90's called and want their phone back."

Posted via CB10
    Even the Android phones produced by Motorola that had physical keyboards were never the 'BlackBerry killer' that everyone was afraid of. BB wasn't killed as much as they committed suicide by a thousand cuts.
    1khalid likes this.
    02-22-16 09:05 PM
    And I was waiting for Blackberry to make a slider with BB10, STILL waiting.
    Knock knock, sure been quiet on CB lately-waiting-skeleton.jpg
    02-22-16 09:10 PM
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Waiting skeleton.jpg 
Views:	560 
Size:	60.4 KB 
ID:	392276
    Yes and will continue.
    BergerKing likes this.
    02-22-16 09:30 PM
    I have to say it's not just here on CrackBerry. If one reads articles on Android Central, as I do, much of the articles regarding new releases just seems to be monotonous with each different OEM fan boy bashing one another. All the all touch devices are so similar one can hardly tell them apart. Scary thing is the influx of high spec Chinese hand sets that are and will wreck havoc on all OEM's and Apple's profit parade. Let's face it many good '13-'14 hand sets will do anything that a new one can. Saturation is real and carriers and makers will feel it more and more. Go to Android Central and read the "Will you update to the S7" comments. Hilarious, childish responses that make us, for the most part, appear civil and tame. I definitely still enjoy down time reading and learning here on CrackBerry although I'll admit I am a little crispy on the "BlackBerry 10 is dead stuff." All my BlackBerry 10 devices run and operate as well as my Android tablets. They still meet my needs better than an Android or Apple device. Subtle improvements and security updates will be a-ok for me.

Z10 on 10.3.2
    02-22-16 11:03 PM
    Breaking News: BlackBerry Priv leather holsters are 60% off today only!

Posted via CB10
    02-23-16 09:08 AM
    I am relatively new around here. I started checking the site for information and news when I heard BlackBerry was working on a new slider device with a PKB. I had considered buying a BB10 device because a family member has one and really likes it. But I waited for the Priv because I needed easy access to certain apps. I love the PRIV for its large screen, great camera, hideaway PKB, and many other features. There are new people here who have bought Privs or are considering one. I will tell you how I experience it and what I think is one reason for decreased readership: I suggest that coarse talk, bashing, and negativity in hyperbole that you have to wade through from certain BB10 fanboys to find information and help contributes to decreased readership. It also sabotages the BB brand as a whole when it comes to their entire line of cell phones. It likely has undermined sales of both the BB10 devices and the Priv. People read something ugly that is posted, and it does leave an impression. That in turn contributes to further decrease in readership. I am sure relatively few people are doing this. You know who you are who use coarse language to hate on the Priv, & write nasty posts about the company. Genuine questions, concerns, and constructive criticism are awesome and have really been a help for me, but the useless bashing, trash talk, and gutter talk by certain posters is, to put it mildly, counter productive on many fronts.
    02-23-16 02:25 PM
    I agree and some people even suggested because the Priv is an Android powered phone it should not be posted here. That is childish behavior. CrackBerry is about all things Blackberry, and the Priv is a Blackberry phone. So therefore there is nothing wrong with posting Blackberry Priv posts here. If the Priv is not the phone for you that's okay, then go buy something else and move on.
    02-23-16 06:22 PM
58 123