With BB phones being only alive in Indonesia from now on. What phone can replace my Priv in 1 or 2 years time?

-Pkb is required;
    -Trackpad would be great;
    -I'm not unhappy to root and create privacy and security myself.

Any new King?

Samsung with clip-on keyboard?

Or stock a Priv or 2 and hope updates will come forever?
    09-28-16 03:04 PM
    Why worry about it... in two year you can look around as see what their is.

In a couple of years networks will be moving on to 5G... so I'm not a fan of stockpiling old hardware.

I expect that there will be ways to get whatever phones are created by those choosing to licensing the BlackBerry Brand and the keyboard....
    bakron1 and TGR1 like this.
    09-28-16 03:09 PM
    I did have a 9810 taking swimming lessons before. so maybe worrying is not eminent yet, however it could get.
    09-28-16 03:44 PM

In a couple of years networks will be moving on to 5G... so I'm not a fan of stockpiling old hardware.

I expect that there will be ways to get whatever phones are created by those choosing to licensing the BlackBerry Brand and the keyboard....
    You beat me to it, I was thinking the same thing.
    09-28-16 03:46 PM

Oh I don't know a friend of mine has a really interesting display in his office which is the old mobiles he's had over the last 15 years, the years are indicated underneath...
    09-28-16 03:56 PM
    My recommendation:

The King is dead, Long live The King. Or?-85348-palmone-treo-650-hand.jpg
    andy957 likes this.
    09-28-16 08:33 PM
    IF, of course, there is a company that chooses to license the PKB. That's far from a given, IMO.
    JeepBB and Dunt Dunt Dunt like this.
    09-28-16 09:06 PM
    My recommendation:

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	85348-palmone-treo-650-in-hand.jpg 
Views:	208 
Size:	17.3 KB 
ID:	409195
    I loved this phone. I also love the way you can just check off all the tasks you've planned to do each day. No calendar apps these days let you do that.

Posted via the CrackBerry App for Android
    andy957 and jegs2 like this.
    09-28-16 10:21 PM

GSM is only now being shut down in the US after more than 20 years... I don't think we need to worry too much about 5G making current phones obsolete any time soon. In the timeframe OP's talking about 5G will still be in trial phase.

I'm tempted to pick up a Passport or a Priv but I might hold out for a real firesale later in the year...
    09-28-16 10:38 PM
    I picked up a passport during this sale and I will use it until the day it's dies or blackberry shuts down, and even then I'll try my best and continue to use it! And if they have another huge blowout sale I nay even purchase another one!

Posted via CB10
    09-28-16 10:41 PM