hello all.

Ive had my blackberry 8310 for a few months now and i just now got a 2 gig memory card for it.

I have a couple questions:
    1) is this enough memory to put a full length movie onto?
    2) if it is how do i convert the files to be able to put it onto my blackberry.

Ive gotten the application to rip the movies off of the dvds but im lost on how to convert the media file to be able to put it onto my phone. If the memory card isnt enough space then i guess my second question wont be an option...lol...thanks in advance for anyones help
    04-01-08 11:04 PM
    Yes, plenty of room. If you have the software to RIP dvds into .avi format already, you could even use roxio media manager built into Desktop Manager to convert to the proper format. I find most movies I convert take ~ 300-600 MB give or take.

Simply use Media Manager to "move" the movie from your hard drive to your phone. It will ask you if you want to convert it when you transfer. Say yes and off it goes. Takes a bit. There is also other software out there to convert to the proper format so you can simply transfer right to your phone after you manually convert. I just use Media Manager though, so maybe someone else will chime in about alternatives. MM has always worked ok for me so I never tried other options.
    Last edited by HydroPropo; 04-01-08 at 11:10 PM.
    04-01-08 11:07 PM
    Super is what I use to convert, it's a free dl. I believe I use 320x240 as the size, and a 2gig is plenty for a couple of movies, some songs and ringtones.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    04-01-08 11:09 PM
    ok thanks.....im not very computer savvy so im sorry for sounding like a noob but....well, i am a noob...lol

so if i ripped the movie already would it automatically be in the avi format or is that something i need to do also?
    04-01-08 11:11 PM
    I believe the best format for movies on BB is 3gp. The file size is smaller, and the quality remains.
    04-01-08 11:13 PM
    If it's ripped, just convert, load and play. I think I use 3gp also.

04-01-08 11:20 PM
    ok well i had to recently reformat my pc so im going to reinstall my balckberry media manager and see how it works.
    04-01-08 11:22 PM
    so i reinstalled the media manager but it will not let me drag and drop the movie still. it says i need like 3gigs more space.
    So it still needs to be converted i guess? How do i use the raxio media manager to convert the movie? Thank everyone for this help
    04-02-08 12:40 AM
    I use ultra 3g video converter. PM me if you need assistance.

Most 2 hour long movies convert to about 170 megabytes on high quality.

04-02-08 07:40 AM
    hey detman it wont let me pm u.. says u disabled recieving messages or something.

I found the roxio media manager that covenrts the media before trying to put it onto the media card but i encountered that it completes like 98 percent of it then just stops like its frozen or something. would this be a pc issue or a file issue?
    04-02-08 01:52 PM
    hey detman it wont let me pm u.. says u disabled recieving messages or something.

I found the roxio media manager that covenrts the media before trying to put it onto the media card but i encountered that it completes like 98 percent of it then just stops like its frozen or something. would this be a pc issue or a file issue?
    Crap, I guess I don't have enough posts to receive PM messages.
    Ah well...

If you want a copy of the software let me know. I'll find some way to get it to you. The Roxio Media Manager conversion software is garbage. If it didn't come in grained into the Desktop Software I would uninstall it.

The problem sounds like you are having the same issue with that crap software that I had.

Dm
    04-02-08 04:20 PM
    yea....its converting the files but its not breaking it down enough to fit onto my memory card. The closest ive come to getting it to fit is by it going 111 (kilobytes i think) over the amount of storage.

so detman101 if you could email me a link or something to get that software id be forever in your debt....lol

email is: [email protected]
    04-02-08 07:51 PM
    yea....its converting the files but its not breaking it down enough to fit onto my memory card. The closest ive come to getting it to fit is by it going 111 (kilobytes i think) over the amount of storage.

so detman101 if you could email me a link or something to get that software id be forever in your debt....lol

email is: [email protected]
    Crud, the yahoo won't accept a 12mb file.
    I will see if I can find space to host the RAR file somewhere.
    Unless of course you have a gmail account I can send the email to, or some webspace I can upload to.

Wait...nevermind, I'll use an online uploader and post you a link.

Dm
    04-03-08 10:36 AM
    Done. Enjoy.

Download here
    04-03-08 10:46 AM
    bump for op...
    04-04-08 08:36 AM
    hey thanks....sorry ive been working the last few days and too tired to get on the comp. im going to try the link right now.

thanks alot
    04-04-08 08:44 PM
    hey detman101

i tried downloading the file but after i try it says windows cannot find the file and i use the two options it gives me to try to download it but nothing comes up.
    any suggestions?
    should i just make a gmail account?...lol
    04-04-08 08:58 PM
    You should be able to download from that link. I tested it after posting it. Try it one more time before I try another upload site Please.

Dm

04-05-08 03:11 PM
    hey detman
    ive got a friend at work thats going to give me a copy of the program WinAVI.
    my comp has been acting up and wont let me dowload certain files and idk why.
    but thanks alot for all your help. its much appreciated
    04-05-08 11:44 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD